Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

That bed is bigger than my room. Lucky kitty.

Are they mid stretch or making themselves look harder for the photo?

The Mollusk

Maybe the photo just makes it look big? It's only a standard double (4x6ft). Cleo was definitely sucking in her gut for the photo, she is a fatty!

Icehaven

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 18, 2020, 04:23:32 PM

Pusses seems to like the new bed, you're very generous. And where will you be sleeping?

The Mollusk

Deep in the cold motherfuckin ground

jobotic

steve98

I'd advise you to nail some old ply or left-over floorboards or something over the bare wood (Walnut is it? Not cheap), or they'll have it shredded within a week. Keep us updated.

Captain Crunch

"Start a family they said, it'll be fun they said."

imitationleather

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Hand Solo

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on November 21, 2020, 11:26:37 PM
Have you fucked that cat!?

Oh God, that looks like my cat. And I'm sure she's going to get pregnant any time now. the fucking puss puss slut.

I'm a very cynical person.

Mr_Simnock

Dex Sawash

Our junkyard dog cat that lives in/among the salvage cars rarely slows enough to photograph. It refuses any food/water/treat offers.

Cerys

steve98

I'm hearing the Black Beauty theme music: da da... da da da dada da da da da...

Menu

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 04, 2020, 03:31:19 PM
Our junkyard dog cat that lives in/among the salvage cars rarely slows enough to photograph. It refuses any food/water/treat offers.

Poor little guy. I love him.

Attila

Tiny Toast, almost-spider-cat

The angriest cat in the world

Gormless wonder, Mr Whiskers

Tiny Toast charging up the stairs towards me during one of her mad half hours

Buelligan

I don't visit this thread much since my own dear silky friends left me for life on a farm.  But I do still take care of a fair few wild cats.  This year, there were three kittens born late, two in Julyish and one in late September.  I've been specially watching over them.  Anyway, it was very cold (for here) last night and I was worrying about them.  They normally live in the street drains (which are quite large) but when it rains, unpleasant or even dangerous. 

Anyway, I got one of those plastic mushroom or fruit baskets they have in markets, quite a deep one, wrapped it in a bin bag, then lined it with a fleece and put it in a sheltered and secluded spot.  Went to check on them very early this morning, I bring them a little snack around five, to keep them fat and happy.  And there they were, snug as three bugs, cosy, dry and smiling.  Great start to the day.

Now I know they'll use a box, am planning something far, far, better.

Attila

Aww, that's lovely, B -- but you know what cats is like: you can give them a Cadillac of a new house/bed, and they'll prefer the DIY'd one.

That's why despite having a nice fluffy bed to nest on in my office, Mr Whiskers prefers to sit on tatty scrap of paper bag instead. (His #1 bed is a really nice canvas totebag that I've never been able to use for shopping, as he commandeered it the day it came home).

My good cat Vince made his own bed out of tearing down a lace curtain off the back door and kneading it to shreds on the carpet.

Buelligan

You're absolutely correct.  However, I cannot stop thinking about a great way of using the expanded polystyrene that once cosseted a PC tower and a large plastic box that someone gave me.  This is going to me a veritable catsle, for when the north winds do blow.

Attila

Ahhh! That's different -- I was reflecting on how one buys stuff for cats from the shop, and they spurn it.

Styrofoam should hold heat in well -- sounds like a good plan :)

Menu

Quote from: Buelligan on December 06, 2020, 12:00:04 PM
I don't visit this thread much since my own dear silky friends left me for life on a farm.  But I do still take care of a fair few wild cats.  This year, there were three kittens born late, two in Julyish and one in late September.  I've been specially watching over them.  Anyway, it was very cold (for here) last night and I was worrying about them.  They normally live in the street drains (which are quite large) but when it rains, unpleasant or even dangerous. 

Anyway, I got one of those plastic mushroom or fruit baskets they have in markets, quite a deep one, wrapped it in a bin bag, then lined it with a fleece and put it in a sheltered and secluded spot.  Went to check on them very early this morning, I bring them a little snack around five, to keep them fat and happy.  And there they were, snug as three bugs, cosy, dry and smiling.  Great start to the day.

Now I know they'll use a box, am planning something far, far, better.

I love this. I worry about my stray cat too in this cold weather. I try to give him as much affection as possible(something he clearly has never had in his sad life, and leave him as much food as possible no matter what time he comes. I think friends and family think I've lost it a bit but I'm hope it's an example of me maturing emotionally. I probably wouldn't have been so worried about him a few years ago.

NoOffenceLynn

date=1607322780]
I love this. I worry about my stray cat too in this cold weather. I try to give him as much affection as possible(something he clearly has never had in his sad life, and leave him as much food as possible no matter what time he comes. I think friends and family think I've lost it a bit but I'm hope it's an example of me maturing emotionally. I probably wouldn't have been so worried about him a few years ago.
[/quote] 
Aww that's really decent of you.
I have gotten some of my most loving pet cats that were originally feral.
l slowly built up trust with them by putting food out wherever they were around and sitting close by, just talking in a quiet voice, working my way up to a little pet on the head etc.
Once the cold weather started they would get braver and come inside for the night. Within a month they would be the most loving lap cats. It takes time for them to trust you but when they do, the payback in purrs and love is amazing

Menu

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on December 07, 2020, 08:32:56 AM
date=1607322780]

Aww that's really decent of you.
I have gotten some of my most loving pet cats that were originally feral.
l slowly built up trust with them by putting food out wherever they were around and sitting close by, just talking in a quiet voice, working my way up to a little pet on the head etc.
Once the cold weather started they would get braver and come inside for the night. Within a month they would be the most loving lap cats. It takes time for them to trust you but when they do, the payback in purrs and love is amazing

That's beautiful, mate. You've saved, and vastly improved, so many lives. Thank you.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Menu on December 07, 2020, 09:27:07 AM
That's beautiful, mate. You've saved, and vastly improved, so many lives. Thank you.
Ah, thanks! Hope you have some joy with your feral feline. And thanks for looking out for them too.

The Mollusk

I've landed myself a volunteer position for three 2-hour shifts a week at Blue Cross in London Victoria, and as much as it's been very rewarding to be working alongside my heroes, it's also super fucking sad at times. Two of my shifts are the emergency after-hours between 8-10pm so the admissions are usually quite drastic or grizzly. Additionally, having access to their online system on the reception desk and reading through the case files in idle moments is pretty distressing, and my heart bleeds for all the dogs and cats in the kennels when I'm stocking up the cupboards. They're all so brave and beautiful.

I have a strong existential terror around death and the black nothingness of the afterwards so I'm hoping my time here will help me to learn to dance the mortal coil shuffle a little better and toughen myself up for a proper career in animal care. Reading the the unemotionally documented case file of a cat named "Miss Purrrdy" dying last night put a fucking big lump in my throat but the whole thing is just spurring me even harder into wanting to give as much time to the welfare of animals as I can with my brief stint on earth so overall it's been super positive for me.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 07, 2020, 10:08:42 AM
I've landed myself a volunteer position for three 2-hour shifts a week at Blue Cross in London Victoria, and as much as it's been very rewarding to be working alongside my heroes, it's also super fucking sad at times. Two of my shifts are the emergency after-hours between 8-10pm so the admissions are usually quite drastic or grizzly. Additionally, having access to their online system on the reception desk and reading through the case files in idle moments is pretty distressing, and my heart bleeds for all the dogs and cats in the kennels when I'm stocking up the cupboards. They're all so brave and beautiful.

I have a strong existential terror around death and the black nothingness of the afterwards so I'm hoping my time here will help me to learn to dance the mortal coil shuffle a little better and toughen myself up for a proper career in animal care. Reading the the unemotionally documented case file of a cat named "Miss Purrrdy" dying last night put a fucking big lump in my throat but the whole thing is just spurring me even harder into wanting to give as much time to the welfare of animals as I can with my brief stint on earth so overall it's been super positive for me.

My goodness you're a stronger person than many doing that work, like you said seeing the worst and sad state the animals are in is awful. I just know it would break me.
But thank you SO much for doing it, your love and care for animal welfare is truly admirable.

Menu

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on December 07, 2020, 09:44:35 AM
Ah, thanks! Hope you have some joy with your feral feline. And thanks for looking out for them too.

I think he slightly hates me but I still love him.

Menu

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 07, 2020, 10:08:42 AM

Nice one, mate. I know I'd find it very hard to do.

bgmnts