Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Quote from: Attila on December 26, 2020, 10:58:15 AM
Tiny Toast knows she's not supposed to get onto the bannisters.

Tell her you'd now actually PREFER her to be on the bannisters. Then she'll immediately go somewhere else. Bloody cats.

Menu

Quote from: Cerys on December 26, 2020, 02:23:44 PM
Thankyou muchly x

I've been having moments of getting all teary and guilt-ridden, but in my more lucid moments I've been reminding myself that if she wanted to go out and find a place to rest, that was her right.

Ah mate. I'm sorry. But, you're right. She did it her way - not a lot of animals get that opportunity. Plus she had all those wonderful years of love and attention. She was very lucky to have you.

Cerys

Thanks.  We were incredibly lucky to have her.  She was a very loyal, loving little puss.  Also she understood certain hand gestures.  Getting her to move off her comfy armchair and cross the room to sit next to me, simply by pointing at her and then the sofa, was such a brilliant experience.  She'd watch the gestures and you could see her mind working as she decided whether or not she could be bothered to move.  Clever lady that she was.

Menu

Quote from: Cerys on December 27, 2020, 02:07:11 AM
Thanks.  We were incredibly lucky to have her.  She was a very loyal, loving little puss.  Also she understood certain hand gestures.  Getting her to move off her comfy armchair and cross the room to sit next to me, simply by pointing at her and then the sofa, was such a brilliant experience.  She'd watch the gestures and you could see her mind working as she decided whether or not she could be bothered to move.  Clever lady that she was.

That's amazing.

Attila

Bedroom door got pulled open last night because of the storm-winds. It's normally off-limits to cats, so they want to come in at any chance.

Woke up to Tiny Toast roaming all over the bed, purring like a mentalist, and finally burrowing under the blankers to nuzzle my face.

Attila

I am sorry about your fine kitty, Cerys. It sounds as if she had a happy & good life with you. I hope you're able to get closure <3.

At least two of my childhood cats, after a long life, just disappeared (my parents made zero effort to find them), and I still think about them after all this time (my cats, not my parents).

NoOffenceLynn

Ahh, Cerys so sorry to hear about your lovely puss, as others have said she sounds like a very well loved and loving pussycat.
Sending you a huge virtual hug (((❤)))

Cerys

I love you lot so much.  And it isn't just the Pernod saying that.

Chedney Honks

I've only just seen this but I'm so sorry to hear, Cerys. 21 years is an amazing life for a cat and it sounds like she had a wonderful, loving one. I know I'll be inconsolable when our cats aren't here any more but I hope there's some comfort in knowing what a happy, comfortable life you can give them.

imitationleather

I also am very sorry to hear about Scrabble.

Jockice

Cerys

Icehaven

Some little sod nearly finished me off today. I saw him run across a main road and hide under a car, then just before I tried to encourage him away from the road he bolted back and a car narrowly missed him by inches. I actually screamed, ffs. Fucking car didn't even slow down either, cunt. Definitely a life used up, and one of his too probably.

Menu

Quote from: icehaven on December 31, 2020, 11:46:06 PM
Some little sod nearly finished me off today. I saw him run across a main road and hide under a car, then just before I tried to encourage him away from the road he bolted back and a car narrowly missed him by inches. I actually screamed, ffs. Fucking car didn't even slow down either, cunt. Definitely a life used up, and one of his too probably.

Oh man. I wouldn't want to see anything like that. Over 20 years ago I saw a confused swan lead her signets over a busy road. They weren't as lucky as that cat unfortunately. It's stayed with me to this day.

steve98

D'you blame yourself? Don't. Let it go.

Menu

Quote from: steve98 on January 01, 2021, 12:37:41 AM
D'you blame yourself? Don't. Let it go.

No there's nothing I could have done. I guess I could have stopped to round up any remaining cygnets. I feel guilty about that actually. Hmmm.

steve98

Yeah, you could've done that, but how would they have survived without a Mum?

Menu

Not sure if you're being sarcastic now but you're probably right. That image still haunts me though even if it does sound a bit silly.

Captain Crunch

I hate don't like dogs but I do enjoy watching Crufts.  One year they had a feature on special counselling for people who had recently lost dogs.  It sounds very flaky and first world but it's a very specific type of grief isn't it?  For example:

Menu

Quote from: Captain Crunch on January 01, 2021, 01:46:03 PM
I hate don't like dogs but I do enjoy watching Crufts.  One year they had a feature on special counselling for people who had recently lost dogs.  It sounds very flaky and first world but it's a very specific type of grief isn't it?  For example:

Those few words tell a sad story.

Attila

Quote from: Menu on January 02, 2021, 01:48:36 AM
Those few words tell a sad story.

There's a little pet cemetary in one of the wooded areas near us; I think the most recent grave is early 20th century. The markers are at the same time very sweet but also heartbreaking and melancholy. One of the hardest things for me is moving to a new place and having to leave behind pet burials.

mobias

I learnt a lot from this Youtube video. I think all of you will find it really useful and informative .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZhi5gaX8g

mobias

Here's an emergency supply of kitty love for those that need it this evening.

imitationleather

Very nice.

Here's some council estate scum also attempting to be cute:

Fishfinger

steve98

Lockdown again fellas: you can't go out unless it's an emergency.
"Thank God for that".

Icehaven

Quote from: Attila on January 02, 2021, 10:14:28 AM
There's a little pet cemetary in one of the wooded areas near us; I think the most recent grave is early 20th century. The markers are at the same time very sweet but also heartbreaking and melancholy. One of the hardest things for me is moving to a new place and having to leave behind pet burials.

There's one in Coombe Abbey park in Coventry, back from when it was a private house in the 19th and early 20th c. There was a very modern fuss a few years ago when one of the cat's graves was removed because his name was not on at all by today's standards. The usual moaners kicked off, but it was obviously the right thing to do because it's ridiculous to leave something that could potentially cause so much offence to honour a cat that I'm reasonably confident wouldn't have given a flying fuck if a stone with a name it had no idea it even had was still standing over a century after he died.

mobias

Quote from: imitationleather on January 04, 2021, 06:14:02 PM
Very nice.

Here's some council estate scum also attempting to be cute:

Beautiful! They look pretty sophisticated and metropolitan to me.

steve98

Haha, that's /\ great (But why, why's he doing that?)

Quote from: mobias on January 04, 2021, 07:48:37 PM
Beautiful! They look pretty sophisticated and metropolitan to me.

I believe that's Ronnie and Reggie.