Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

flotemysost

Aw, what a doll. Lovely view, too.

In fact I think I'm enjoying ogling everyone's nice homes in this thread almost as much as the beautiful cats.

Camp Tramp

Sadly my parents recently had to put down one of their cats, Zola at the bottom. He crawled into his bed at some point in the night, his pelvis and hindlegs crushed by something, probably a car. He was 3.

His sister Khalesi is still going strong. You can't see in the photo but she has a nub for a tail. Something took it when she was about one, don't know if it was a feral cat, a fox or a human.

[

imitationleather

Quote from: Camp Tramp on January 14, 2021, 07:17:41 PM
He crawled into his bed at some point in the night, his pelvis and hindlegs crushed by something, probably a car. He was 3.

Aw man. That's so sad.

Cerys

The Mollusk

My love and condolences, CT. That's tragic.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: flotemysost on January 12, 2021, 07:10:39 PM
Aw, what a doll. Lovely view, too.

In fact I think I'm enjoying ogling everyone's nice homes in this thread almost as much as the beautiful cats.
Totally agree, this thread is fantastic, seeing and hearing about everyone's beloved moggies, past and present, is great for the soul and getting interior design inspiration.
Quote from: Camp Tramp on January 14, 2021, 07:17:41 PM
Sadly my parents recently had to put down one of their cats, Zola at the bottom. He crawled into his bed at some point in the night, his pelvis and hindlegs crushed by something, probably a car. He was 3.

His sister Khalesi is still going strong. You can't see in the photo but she has a nub for a tail. Something took it when she was about one, don't know if it was a feral cat, a fox or a human.

[
Sorry to hear about Zola.

The fact you have his tail-less sister and who obviously had a bit a tough time in the beginning but has found her furever home with you is fantastic.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on January 15, 2021, 01:01:01 PM
Totally agree, this thread is fantastic, seeing and hearing about everyone's beloved moggies, past and present, is great for the soul and getting interior design inspiration.Sorry to hear about Zola.

The fact you have his tail-less sister and who obviously had a bit a tough time in the beginning but has found her furever home with you is fantastic.

To clarify,  they are my parent's cats, I don't live with them.

Khalesi had her tail when my parents collected her. Initially, they were only going to get the one cat, but they ended up taking both cats since she would have been left alone. We did have a feral cat or two in the neighbourhood, Zola had a few chunks taken out of him as well but he was able to put up more of a fight.

The feral cats have long disappeared though, so the neighbourhood is safe again, at least from hostile wildlife.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Camp Tramp on January 15, 2021, 02:09:52 PM
To clarify,  they are my parent's cats, I don't live with them.

Khalesi had her tail when my parents collected her. Initially, they were only going to get the one cat, but they ended up taking both cats since she would have been left alone. We did have a feral cat or two in the neighbourhood, Zola had a few chunks taken out of him as well but he was able to put up more of a fight.

The feral cats have long disappeared though, so the neighbourhood is safe again, at least from hostile wildlife.
Oooh, misread the post... still, great that Khalesi has a loving home and doesn't have the worry about getting in a scrap with other animals anymore.

Malcy

Just had to break up a fight between the vicious fucker with no tail that's been doing my nut in for months now and my Salem. Went outside in the pissing rain in my socks with a brush hitting it off things to scare it off as I couldn't see it when the little shit pounced at me side on. I went back inside and it stormed in swiping. Chased it round the front and it was hissing and screeching like mad then ran into next doors garden.

Really had enough of it's shit now. My front door is usually open enough for Salem to come and go and like he's been doing a lot recently with the bad weather just sit in the gap. During the summer he naps at the door and this other cat just sneaks up and attacks him. 2 or 3 times a day I have to chase it off. First time it appeared last summer it was really friendly and would let me clap it but it's went for me several times and a few months ago I had a proper meltdown and chased it up the back of the garden calling it all sorts and it jumped onto the fence balanced on its back legs and started screaming and swiping.

Recently during the cold snap I hadn't seen it and I considered leaving it some treats out and putting an old box and blanket somewhere as I felt sorry for it. It can forget that now!

billyandthecloneasaurus

my cat making steph curry and michael jordan jealous, soz in advance for my laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuweKW834rw

Captain Crunch

The Mollusk

One of our cats keeps randomly yelling at me lately and it's doing my nut in. She is absolutely an attention seeker - she flops over and shows me her belly at any given opportunity or just tries to climb all over me and sleep on my lap - so it's hard to tell if she's poorly or stressed out or she's just being an arsehole for the sake of it. She's eating like normal and she's not lethargic or anything so I'm willing to assume she's fine.

Last time she was acting up like this I took her to the vet and the cunt gave her some steroids to chill her out without asking for my consent like there was absolutely no say in the matter, and the whole thing set us back about £80, so I'm extremely hesitant to go again. I'll wait until she's pissing and shitting all over the shop or puking blood or something until I'm absolutely sure there's something wrong with her.

flotemysost

I've never used it but I've heard good things about Feliway (calming air diffuser and sprays), from people I know who've had stressed-out cats following stuff like a house move, new baby etc. I'm not sure if it's meant for long-term use or specific situations, but it definitely sounds less invasive than steroids!

Came to this thread to say that I'm currently a bit obsessed with tiny feline Internet sensation Winky, who has dwarfism and adorably humanoid features - lots of people are saying she looks like Emma Stone, but personally I'm getting Mark E Smith:

mobias

Quote from: flotemysost on February 06, 2021, 06:02:37 PM
I've never used it but I've heard good things about Feliway (calming air diffuser and sprays), from people I know who've had stressed-out cats following stuff like a house move, new baby etc. I'm not sure if it's meant for long-term use or specific situations, but it definitely sounds less invasive than steroids!

Feliway is amazing. It absolutely works. The standard Feliway is fine for situations where you think your cat is going to be stressed, house moving, etc, it makes your cat feel at home and comfortable. I've had the best results with Feliway Friends though. My cats are a bit older now but when they were younger and that bit more hormonal (even though they had all been neutered) they would sometimes fight a lot. Feliway Friends would really destress them and make them all want to be pals again. Its apparently a synthetic version of the hormone that a mother cat gives off to make her kittens bond with her.

Feliway does take about 5 days to start working though in an average size room so you've got to be patient with it.

The Mollusk

Yeah we got a Feliway plug as we moved into this flat a month ago, I think it's run out now so maybe that's why she's having a whinge. They've had plenty of time to rub their scent on everything though so I'm not sure that's the case. I think she's just being a dickhead!

St_Eddie

steve98

Corleone? Looks more like a pummeled Rocky to me (But hey we're all different, say what you see, there's no right answer)

mobias

Jean-Paul Satre and his cat called Nothing. I bet you Nothing was actually more of a Something. Especially when wanting fed.

The Mollusk

What kind of edgelord calls their cat Nothing ffs

imitationleather

An early example of one of those AI algorithm cat names.

flotemysost

Quote from: mobias on February 07, 2021, 12:27:54 PM
Jean-Paul Satre and his cat called Nothing. I bet you Nothing was actually more of a Something. Especially when wanting fed.

Aw, poor Nothing. Still, it's a better name than the kitten on the cover of Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home:

Lord Growing, apparently. Sounds like someone's nickname for their dick.

steve98

Wish I had more than a basic working knowledge (I get by) of Satre so I could say something pithy 'bout him and Nothing.

mobias

I wonder what Bowie's cat was called.

Captain Crunch

Posted before but pah...

Allen Ginsberg

Burroughs

Kerouac

Captain Crunch