Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,454
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 17, 2021, 11:21:37 PM
Lovely to see that words such are these continuing to get banded about on CaB with wild abandon.  It really warms the cockles of my heart, as someone with mental health issues who's had these very words shouted at me through gritted teeth and goading smiles by people throughout my entire life, delivered in a hateful and discriminatory fashion.  Perhaps next post, one of you could use the N word as a negative too.  You know, just to add the icing to this already delicious and tasteful cake.  Ta.

Fresh from calling a woman you don't know a bitch who needs a slap. You miserable moral midget.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 20, 2021, 09:59:27 AM
Fresh from calling a woman you don't know a bitch who needs a slap. You miserable moral midget.

How exactly does my past transgression excuse disabilist language from others?

Also, for context (because I'm sure your intent was to paint me as some kind of horrendous misogynist in the eyes of others)...

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 16, 2021, 12:31:56 PM
Equality means not treating anyone differently based upon their gender. That you do... well, that speaks to your own double standards, I'd say.

Having said that, I will concede that wishing violence upon her or any of the other people who stormed congress was a bit rum on my part.  I don't genuinely think that's what should happen.  I'm merely venting at idiots.  I'm angry and frustrated.  However, my point still stands that you're treating a person differently as worthy of special treatment based upon their gender.

Quote from: Bernice on January 16, 2021, 12:52:17 PM
It's only hypocrisy if you remove the entire context of gender relations as they exist within society. It's just "I can't be racist, I don't see race" transplanted into misogyny. It's an infant's understanding of equality.

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 16, 2021, 12:53:10 PM
I can see your point and I do agree.  I suppose it's easy for me to treat everything and everyone as equal and to use equal equivalent terminology because that's the perspective I'm coming from; one of equality and as someone who's never had to face being a woman and having misogynistic comments flung my way.  You're absolutely correct; I really ought to consider the wider context and be more considerable of my words in future.

Captain Crunch

CATS

CATS!!!

One of the local animal shelters put out an appeal, they've managed to rehome their supersweet Nermal purr-machine fusspot cats so now they're left with a little rogues' gallery of bruisers:

Had a rough start (obviously), very timid

Has no time, NO TIME for other cats

Ex-stray, not sure what to do with people

Moody

Hopefully they'll all get homed soon. 

Brian Freeze

He had been lying next to me for an afternoon nap but rolled over into where I'd been before I'd even had time to make the bed. He's definitely getting softer in his old age.

Head Gardener

The Mollusk

Absolute state of this dickhead. I've never seen an animal idiotically relishing in how enormous and handsome they are quite to the extent that Raymond does. Doesn't give a single fuck, only two facial expressions which are "SMUG: Please give me attention" and "MENTAL: Look but don't touch".

Attila

Big red tomcats, best tomcats.

I had a big red boy for a while. He was called Mr Rednuts.

Captain Crunch

Malcy

Shed a tear at both of these stories this morning and for two very different reasons.

https://thenantwichnews.co.uk/2021/03/11/cat-found-in-nantwich-reunited-with-owner-20-years-after-going-missing/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-56335193

The latter got me angry as well. Years ago a hunt used to come up the street I was living in and the dogs would be chasing people's cats, shitting in people's gardens and generally causing damage to flowerbeds etc and the police couldn't give two fucks any time it was reported. I used to stand at the front door and call them every name under the sun. Bastards.

Attila

Quote from: Malcy on March 12, 2021, 01:32:43 PM
Shed a tear at both of these stories this morning and for two very different reasons.

https://thenantwichnews.co.uk/2021/03/11/cat-found-in-nantwich-reunited-with-owner-20-years-after-going-missing/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-56335193

The latter got me angry as well. Years ago a hunt used to come up the street I was living in and the dogs would be chasing people's cats, shitting in people's gardens and generally causing damage to flowerbeds etc and the police couldn't give two fucks any time it was reported. I used to stand at the front door and call them every name under the sun. Bastards.

On the second story, had I been witness to it, and more specifically, had it been my cat, that f*(&er would have been in a world of hurt. More than my share of experiences with fucking hunters on our property when I lived in Virginia -- and every year taking in the injured, old, and otherwise abandoned 'no good' dogs they would leave behind every year.

Oooh, to the first one, very bittersweet, especially as currently our estate is plastered with 'Lost Cat' signs. It's a big old Maine Coon who escaped while the owner's dad was watching it on her behalf. He's gutted, and of course she's been looking now for well over a week. It's been really rainy and cold here the past few days, and apparently the cat has daily meds for a respiratory ailment. We seem to have caught photos of it on our wildlife cam the first night it went missing (which is how/why I've been in touch with the owner), but no joy since :(

The Mollusk

I love them so much my heart could burst.

steve98

It's [banned troll] (Top Cat Raymond). Hello TC.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Cerys on February 20, 2021, 05:19:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.  Sending him very gentle caresses behind the ears via the Internet.

NEWS!

Turns out we can't treat his losing potassium at such a rate (something do with his kidney tubes but not his kidneys?  Dunno) so he's just on a renal diet with more supplements (8ml a day, quite a lot).  Hopefully he can slow down gracefully but he seems happy enough at the moment.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 15, 2021, 10:38:57 AM

I love them so much my heart could burst.

Mate, such a couple of beauts.

Attila

Boring person that I am (or overworked person that I am), I was going to mark papers on Saturday til Tiny Toast sat on the keyboard. Somehow with her prehensile anus she hit the right sequence of hot keys to reduce the font on my university-sign in page to about a 6. Saved me from a boring slog through essays, at least.

steve98

It's amazing what they can do when they put their arse to it. (And even something as simple as turning the brightness down to zero or disabling the pointer can take ages to resolve when you're stoned.)

The Mollusk

Cats' anuses (anui?) are good for many things. The best use ours have found for them is brandishing them out at any camera during a video call like a tactless child showing off their new novelty pencil sharpener.

imitationleather

When my girlfriend does a workout (involving lying on her back and lifting weights up etc.) Clive always decides that's a great time to start rubbing his anus on her face.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Icehaven

Quote from: Attila on March 12, 2021, 02:36:33 PM
On the second story, had I been witness to it, and more specifically, had it been my cat, that f*(&er would have been in a world of hurt. More than my share of experiences with fucking hunters on our property when I lived in Virginia -- and every year taking in the injured, old, and otherwise abandoned 'no good' dogs they would leave behind every year.

Oooh, to the first one, very bittersweet, especially as currently our estate is plastered with 'Lost Cat' signs. It's a big old Maine Coon who escaped while the owner's dad was watching it on her behalf. He's gutted, and of course she's been looking now for well over a week. It's been really rainy and cold here the past few days, and apparently the cat has daily meds for a respiratory ailment. We seem to have caught photos of it on our wildlife cam the first night it went missing (which is how/why I've been in touch with the owner), but no joy since :(

Aww no, let us know if you find out he's OK, I hate to think of cats in this situation.

Jittlebags

Interupted Evil Cat from next door burying it's turds in my back graden. Should have let the twat finish the job. Now I'm going to have to put my shoes on and scoop it up over the fence into next door's garden. Filthy feline fucker.

Attila

Quote from: icehaven on March 15, 2021, 10:45:43 PM
Aww no, let us know if you find out he's OK, I hate to think of cats in this situation.

No news so far, except they put out a fresh batch of signs over the past two days :(  I've seen so many of the signs pulled off the lampposts and stuff and thrown into the ditch that runs alongside the footpaths around here. That bugs me.

bgmnts

Have a new feline friend. He's literally been here 3 and a bit hirs and is already on the bed and cheekily exploring the bathroom. He's gorgeous as well.

What a card!

imitationleather

bgmnts

Yeah me too as sadly he's going to have to transition into an indoor cat.  Thankfully he's only a year old so might be okay.

Pink Gregory

new cat new cat new cat new cat new cat new cat

hooray!

Icehaven

bgmnts

Actually does anyone have experience walking a cat? Thinking he should at least have the opportunity in the evening for a roam on a harness maybe?
I'll try and get a pic now.

imitationleather

steve98

Quote from: Jittlebags on March 16, 2021, 11:08:20 AM
Interupted Evil Cat from next door burying it's turds in my back graden. Should have let the twat finish the job. Now I'm going to have to put my shoes on and scoop it up over the fence into next door's garden. Filthy feline fucker.

That cat's takin' the piss out of you. I can imagine it laffin' like fuck and makin' the wanker gesture (pic) as you deal with its turds.