Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2021, 09:53:28 AM
Very sorry about your poor kit, bgmnts, hope he feels perfect soon as.  I've never had the balls to get a cat done like that or a man either, though I can understand the reasoning.

This is the most delightful cat thing for a very long time indeed - TT reminds me of the Blunderpuss anyway, which is reason enough, god knows, to love her but the fair isle tolerance expression just takes her to a whole new level.

I know she looks so angry all the time, but it's because she's got an underbite. She was purring her head off while getting attired, and very pliable.

The attempt to put the same jumper on Mr Biggie failed because he's not only a solid slab of cat, but stiffens up (he's got arthritis, so I didn't want to press my luck). I didn't even try with Susan Bucket because she started to growl before I even started in.

Tiny loves when I knit or spin -- not to attack the proceedings, but as a superintendent. Plus she acts like a total crackhead around unwashed fleece -- I got in some wonderful 100g samples from various Scandinavian sheep just before Brexit closed off that particular shop for me, and Tiny goes crazy whenever I get them out.

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2021, 09:53:28 AM
Very sorry about your poor kit, bgmnts, hope he feels perfect soon as.  I've never had the balls to get a cat done like that or a man either, though I can understand the reasoning.

Yeah didn't want to do it but he just can't handle it in here with that urge and the testosterone and whatnot. I wish we werent poor and could live in a nice house he could come and go as he pleases but its important he's not as tortured by his living situation as possible.

Quote from: imitationleather on April 16, 2021, 10:12:24 AM
When I had my cats neutered I found they were pretty much back to normal within a day. It's a minor operation, especially for the boy cats. He'll be fine.

Pretty much had to get them done because if we hadn't they would be rutting like mad and cluttering up the place with kittens all the time.

Yeah he's just a bit quiet and strange at the moment. He started rubbing his arse along the floor after a shit, like a dog, today. Weird.

mothman

I've heard that the later you leave it, the larger a boy cat will grow and he'll retain more tomcattish characteristics. Not sure if that's true though.

dozybugcarrot

Got kittens!
https://imgur.com/rziBhtm
But not sure how to embed a photo, sorry

Attila

Ahahaha -- I didn't realise it was two cats at first -- I thought it was just one big and long cat :3

dozybugcarrot

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on April 20, 2021, 12:19:43 PM
Aww a pair of beauts!
Thank you!
Quote from: Attila on April 20, 2021, 01:45:05 PM
Ahahaha -- I didn't realise it was two cats at first -- I thought it was just one big and long cat :3
This was a rare moment of calm affection between them.

Buelligan

Aww, just had a high drama/emotion moment catwise.  Was walking along the lane near my house when I heard a piteous tiny kitten crying.  I heard it early this morning, couple of three four hours ago but thought I'd give it some time.  Anyway.  Searched and found a pile of, two, tiny sodden pencil cases in the puddle at the bottom of a street drain outflow.  One grey, one silver tabby.  At first I just thought it was some sort of dead pigeon/water cocktail but chose to investigate by hand.  Two living little weasels, wet and cold and weeping.  These lads are under a week old, I'd say. 

Dried them on my coat a bit and warmed them a bit and took them up, just a few yards to cat shelter I've recently built but happen to know is empty.  Popped them in there with a fleece - I give these fucks the shirt off my own back.  Left them for a bit, planning my next move.  Within ten minutes, their ma is with them cleaning them, feeding them.  Very happy about this.  Thought I'd share.

Attila

<3, Buelligan -- that was a kind thing to do, and really glad their mum found them, too.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Buelligan on April 29, 2021, 10:19:51 AM
Aww, just had a high drama/emotion moment catwise.  Was walking along the lane near my house when I heard a piteous tiny kitten crying.  I heard it early this morning, couple of three four hours ago but thought I'd give it some time.  Anyway.  Searched and found a pile of, two, tiny sodden pencil cases in the puddle at the bottom of a street drain outflow.  One grey, one silver tabby.  At first I just thought it was some sort of dead pigeon/water cocktail but chose to investigate by hand.  Two living little weasels, wet and cold and weeping.  These lads are under a week old, I'd say. 

Dried them on my coat a bit and warmed them a bit and took them up, just a few yards to cat shelter I've recently built but happen to know is empty.  Popped them in there with a fleece - I give these fucks the shirt off my own back.  Left them for a bit, planning my next move.  Within ten minutes, their ma is with them cleaning them, feeding them.  Very happy about this.  Thought I'd share.

Could you share a pic of those?

Our Marvin has had to be sedated for a blood test (which turned out ok thankfully), the chest shaving has rather dented his style but he's still a majestic beast.

imitationleather

When Clive had his tail partially amputated the shaved stumped poking out of all the fur looked just like a willy.

The amusement of that sight almost made the whole harrowing ordeal worth it.

Buelligan

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 29, 2021, 04:23:18 PM
Our Marvin has had to be sedated for a blood test (which turned out ok thankfully), the chest shaving has rather dented his style but he's still a majestic beast.

Extreme beauty.  What can I say?  Purrfect.

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on April 29, 2021, 02:54:38 PM
Could you share a pic of those?
Quote from: Attila on April 29, 2021, 10:50:47 AM
<3, Buelligan -- that was a kind thing to do, and really glad their mum found them, too.

Just got in from work.  Still there, with their mum, think there might be a third but I'm not going to disturb anyone to check.  I would love to share a pic but sadly, do not have a working camera.  Just had a look from my high vantage point, a reasonably distant spot (20m) where I can look in, deffo three, possibly four.  All wriggling about together and looking fluffy and fine.  Happy days!

bgmnts

Pretty sure my new cat might be the most physically gorgeous cat I've ever seen.  He knows it too.

Buelligan

Honestly, they're all the most beautiful one in the world, Tiny Toast in fair isle takes some beating, mind.

Quote from: Buelligan on April 29, 2021, 05:40:51 PM
Extreme beauty.  What can I say?  Purrfect.

Here he is without the razor cut. Handsome bugger.

Buelligan

The Mollusk

Absolute stunner, NRP!

Great work as well Buellz, not a lot of people would take the time to do something like that.

bgmnts

The Feliway run out last week and fuck me this bastard gets the FRAPS (Zoomies?) like nobody's business. We play with him loads but he'll still just sprint around the flat like a numpty.

Malcy

The vicious bastard cat has been back around driving me and my cat up the wall. Came over to me and let me clap it the other day. Just appeared again, launched itself at me, bit my hand and scratched my arm. Had it's chance. War now.

It's turning my cat aggressive as well. I brought him in away from it and he went for me. This has happened more and more the past month. I'm lucky to be in a position to finally move to the middle of nowhere in a few months and get out of this shithole town, but not before I've trapped the fucker so the RSPCA can come out and scan it.

Kankurette

He is a handsome fellow.

Fucking Gary grabbed my leg and made it bleed, and I locked him out for a bit so we could both calm down, but having said that, I think he was a bit stressed cos an electrician was over earlier - Gary was hiding behind the sofa for a while - so I can give him some leeway. And to be fair, when my parents were up recently he behaved very well and even let my stepdad pet him. And he was rubbing against their legs.

bgmnts

Good god Prince is a fucking terror. He is obsessed with a piece of string and he will chase it for hours. Literally panting and breathing heavy but jumping and running in circles. I don't like seeing the open mouth because I watched my cat suffocate and his mouth was open so its a bit traumatic.

He is so doglike though, he will get his string if you're done playing and he will drag it to you and drop it at your feet. I have never seen that behaviour in a cat before its so strange.

Fishfinger

Quote from: bgmnts on May 07, 2021, 03:34:24 PM
He is so doglike though, he will get his string if you're done playing and he will drag it to you and drop it at your feet. I have never seen that behaviour in a cat before its so strange.

My friend had a cat like that who loved to retrieve things. He was also obsessed with just... touching objects. He wouldn't push stuff around, he just had to give, say, a beanie on a table or new potted plants a couple of gentle, tentative paw-pats then he seemed to be satisfied that all was right with his world.

Attila

My cat The Boods would fetch stuff for you to throw. She was especially fond of pasta, and we'd buy a box just for her every week. She learned the word 'Noodle' and would run off chirping like a maniac to fetch one or get into position to chase it. There were times I'd be working or reading, and she'd come up behind me with a loud HUFF of a sigh -- I'd look around, and there was a pile of pasta on the floor behind me where she'd been bringing them for fetching.

The late Vince used to play until he fell over panting (in his case, chasing a laser pointer -- it was seriously his jam). So the thing to watch out for with you mad kitty is knowing when to stop to give him a chance to recover. Vince would play til he fell over, and it can be distressing to see, even though the muppet brought it on himself. So just keep an eye on your boy, and give him a chance to catch his breath. He'll be fine :)

imitationleather

Clive will drop off whatever he's currently obsessed with (it's currently a pink stuffed fish toy) and wait for me to throw it. If I don't notice/am too busy he starts miaowing and nudging it towards me until I give in.

When I pick it up his face and stance are so funny. 100% laser-focused concentration with his whiskers shooting out of his face in a straight line.

Aaaah... He's a cunt but I am fond of him.

steve98

Limmy's got himself a cat, and she's a wee cracker.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1390713467158605825

My cat's getting old now, but even though she's practically blind, she still loves a claws out, teeth bared fight once or twice a day. Unfortunately it hurts me as much now as it did 15 yrs ago, when I first got her. I pull my sleeve down, but then she's not interested: she has to have the naked flesh. Is there anything I can put over my hand* that won't kill her fun but will leave me protected?

*Gloves don't work, she just walks away

EDITED to add. I let her have a go at the hand of my deceased mum some years ago, and she was keen on that (until the body cooled, and then she lost interest. So... I dunno.)

Icehaven

We lost my Mum's oldest cat today. He'd not been at all well for a few weeks and despite a previous visit to the vet where he was given some steroids and some medicine for home he didn't really get much better, and the vet today said it was for the best to let him go. She said he wasn't in pain or too much discomfort but he had cancer in his stomach that had in all likelihood spread all over so there wasn't anything to be done. We never knew exactly how old he was as he just moved in to my Mum's about 12 years ago, and the vet back then said he could be anywhere between 3 or 4 or 8/9, so he was at least 15 but could have been over 20. He had a lovely, happy life anyway.

Malcy

Quote from: icehaven on May 10, 2021, 09:40:36 PM
he just moved in to my Mum's about 12 years ago,

He obviously knew he chose the right place to call home. I love that.

Icehaven

Quote from: Malcy on May 10, 2021, 10:13:16 PM
He obviously knew he chose the right place to call home. I love that.

He did! He just mooched across the garden one day, glanced at the door as he passed, came back a few hours later and never left. She tried to find out if he had a home but none of the neighbours recognised him so she took him to the vet to see if he was chipped and he wasn't, so she was more than happy to have him. He had a lovely temperament and was house trained so he must have had a home at some point, so we think he was either abandoned (bastards) or his owner died or something.

Jumblegraws

Mookie here's a really good fetcher. As is typical for cats, he has an embarrassment of toys to choose from but scrunched-up tinfoil is his favourite.

Sorry to hear of you and your mum's loss, icehaven.