Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: icehaven on May 10, 2021, 09:40:36 PM
We lost my Mum's oldest cat today. He'd not been at all well for a few weeks and despite a previous visit to the vet where he was given some steroids and some medicine for home he didn't really get much better, and the vet today said it was for the best to let him go. She said he wasn't in pain or too much discomfort but he had cancer in his stomach that had in all likelihood spread all over so there wasn't anything to be done. We never knew exactly how old he was as he just moved in to my Mum's about 12 years ago, and the vet back then said he could be anywhere between 3 or 4 or 8/9, so he was at least 15 but could have been over 20. He had a lovely, happy life anyway.

One of our cats went missing... two years ago now. She'd been coming round less and less, and eventually just stopped. Trying to find out if anything happened to her is impossible - there are too many fluffy black cats round here, at least four others we know of (one being her sister, who mostly lives next door with her best friend, an Alaskan Malamute). And while she was chipped, it had been done by her previous owners (we'd adopted them both when they moved abroad) and the chip company wanted to charge a stupidly large admin fee to transfer the address & ownership; we were really skint then and couldn't do it, and never did. I do regret that now. All we can do is hope she's where she wants to be. There is a local Facebook group which shares news of local cats (it's where we found out when one was knocked down by a car). It's basically a mystery that we can never solve.

Not that I'm trying to make you feel bad though! It's obvious your mum's cat was where he wanted to be. There could be all sorts of explanations for his origin. He had a good life, that's what matters.

EDIT: new page ffs

littlenell

Im writing this stood out in my back garden, in a West Country town. Im having a smoke before bedtime. All is quiet....except for the sound of two cats. One is yowling and wailing it's head off,non stop. This is frequently joined by the lower pitched wail of the other one, yowling a different tune.
The sheer audacity of the cats to make such a loud,never ending racket, The cringe factor of suspecting they are cat sex noises. The weird factor as the wailing noise sounds identical to a baby crying loudly. Or an insane banshee,or an undead human bean.
The idea that my whole street is listening helplessly, at nearly 1am, to the ridiculous cacophony made by two shameless,anarchic,mating cats.

The whole thing is making me piss myself with laughter. And that in itself makes me laugh too.

Fucking love cats...hilarious

Famous Mortimer

Just said goodbye to my oldest cat, Yadi. He was sort of dumb but loveable (he would just walk up to you and headbutt your leg, then wander off and go to sleep as soon as you'd petted him, and was never a lap cat), and will be missed. Please give your furry friends an extra treat tonight in his honour.

bgmnts

Just headbutted my cat and i'm off for a nap in Yadi's memory.

Sorry about that man :(

Small Man Big Horse

Very sorry to hear that FM, that's really shitty news.

Kankurette

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 17, 2021, 05:43:51 PM
Just said goodbye to my oldest cat, Yadi. He was sort of dumb but loveable (he would just walk up to you and headbutt your leg, then wander off and go to sleep as soon as you'd petted him, and was never a lap cat), and will be missed. Please give your furry friends an extra treat tonight in his honour.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Pink Gregory

That's what I'd miss most of all.  The little headbutts and body slams.

Icehaven

Aww yep there's nothing better than when they half absent mindedly slam themselves into you then wander off, sorry for your loss.

Head Gardener

steve98

Wow! What a beaut (The top one). A real human look to it. I could watch him/her all day.

Ferris

Got a line on a cat adoption for a month (maybe more) in July. Get in.

mobias

My three cats enjoying the sun.

imitationleather

Icehaven

Top meow. Particularly the silver chap/chapess with his chin resting on his little paw. He/She's fluffy.

mobias

Quote from: icehaven on May 19, 2021, 09:33:37 PM
Top meow. Particularly the silver chap/chapess with his chin resting on his little paw. He/She's fluffy.

She's a she. Ivanka, wasn't my choice of name but she seems to like it.

She's currently in her basket bed.

Icehaven

Quote from: mobias on May 20, 2021, 08:13:23 PM
She's a she. Ivanka, wasn't my choice of name but she seems to like it.

She's currently in her basket bed.

Definitely the best Ivanka in existence. Love how much she hates you in the first one.

FredNurke

mobias's cats remain utterly delightful.

steve98

Wasn't Ivanka known as "Heidi" previously?

mobias

Quote from: steve98 on May 20, 2021, 08:39:30 PM
Wasn't Ivanka known as "Heidi" previously?

Well remembered! Heidi is actually Ivanak's older sister. Same mum and dad cat but a year older. Sadly she doesn't live here with me anymore. She was my ex's cat, as was Ivanka but Ivanka ended up staying here with me when we split up. Me and my ex are still friends, it was a very amicable separation, and Heidi comes to stay occasionally. Though she hasn't been here in a while as my ex is a nurse and I haven't seen her since the start of the pandemic.

Quote from: FredNurke on May 20, 2021, 08:28:59 PM
mobias's cats remain utterly delightful.

Aww thanks. They've been such good company through the troubles of the last year. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Quote from: icehaven on May 20, 2021, 08:21:06 PM
Definitely the best Ivanka in existence. Love how much she hates you in the first one.

She's a very pretty cat but not at all affectionate. She won't bite me or be aggressive but she definitely prefers you look but don't touch her. She will occasionally come and sit on my lap though. Everything is very much on her terms. 

bgmnts

Do you know what breed your cat is? I find it harder to identify cat breeds over dog breeds.

My new boy Prince looks the absolute spit of a Russian Blue but he has yellow eyes and chocolate brown paws. What the uell is he?

Wonderful Butternut

Since Spike has been successfully fattened back to his original weight after his three week disappearing act, I can post my boys now:

(HIGH QUALITY picture!!!)

Spike is the ginger cat, Jet is the black cat. They came from the same litter (contained 3 Spikes and 2 Jets - all boys) and as such are basically a palette swap of each other. Nearly identical in size and shape. They love me and hate everyone else. Jet in particular will hide as soon as another human dares enter my house.

And no, I wasn't thinking of Cowboy Bebop when naming them. Only subsequently did I realise that I have to get a female cat called Faye to join them.

flotemysost

Those are great names. I'm slightly biased as I also had a black boy cat named Jet, but I like Spike too, underrated name for a cat.

They look like sweet little guys. There's something quite touching when they're terrified of everyone else but love you unconditionally, mine were like that too.

Icehaven

Ive almost definitely mentioned it before in this thread but there's nothing better on this earth than a cat with a black face and white whiskers.

mobias

kidney

steve98

She certainly is. Puts me in mind of Audrey Hepburn.

mobias

Quote from: steve98 on May 30, 2021, 08:49:20 AM
She certainly is. Puts me in mind of Audrey Hepburn.

She vomited all over my bed this morning ruining Sunday lie in. Would Audrey Hepburn do that? I guess she might actually.

steve98

She was rumoured to be bulimic, so yeah.

Kankurette

She is definitely an Ivanka. Gorgeous girl.