Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Cerys

Something or someone just off-camera has clearly been added to the list.

bgmnts

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 28, 2019, 03:14:54 AM
Yadi and Sophie, obviously very uncomfortable.

Both of them rocking the open leg sleep as well.

Jim Bob

Quote from: imitationleather on November 29, 2019, 11:12:33 PM
Cat figurine:

D'aww.  I can well imagine Indiana Jones weighing up a bag of sand to swipe that kitty.

Head Gardener

Cerys

I have just been alerted to the plight of a large spider that had fallen in one of the cat water bowls.  Kudos to Spoony for not simply slurping up the hapless arachnid like some bizarre Hallowe'en game.  Instead he stood by the bowl, hopping from foot to foot in much the same way as might a grandfather with a bladder emergency upon finding an unexpected item in the bogging area.  I rescued the moist spider, and Spoony buggered off to find more things of scuttling interest.  And there was much rejoicing.

Brian Freeze

Thats a great spider rescue. I found a little frog doing widths of our cat's water bowl once. It sounds like such utter bullshit every time I mention it that I have started to doubt myself, but it did happen.

Cerys

steve98

Don't be: you'll notice he doesn't say he rescued the frog (like you did with your spider), just that he saw it.

Cerys

I am now doomed to sleepless nights of wondering what happened to the tiny frog.  I hope you're happy.

Brian Freeze

Sleep easy, I picked it up with wet hands and released it into the wild. I cant promise it lived hoppily ever after but I like to think it did.

Cerys

the

I've got cats at last, Stella and Ivan.

They came to the cat shelter as a young pair of chums, so we kept them as a pair. Even though they're mates they have noticeably different personalities.

Ivan is ridiclously athletic. He's svelte but surprisingly heavy. He's not a lap-cat but likes to lie adjacent to you, leaning against your thigh or similar. He's the only cat I've ever known who plays fetch. That's right, you throw his ball, he goes after it, picks it up in his mouth and brings it back to you.

When you've eaten something he does this hilariously exaggerated 'sniffing the air' action to identify it. I swear one day he'll do it so hard the coffee table will start moving towards him.

Stella is younger, she is very much a lap-cat. She will sit on anything as long as it's you. She got a bit over-excited watching a YT vid of birds on a birdtable, pounced and pushed the monitor over. She is our last line of defence against the red menace of the laser pen.

We've only had them a month but it's scary how quickly you get totally attached to the little buggers.

Dewt

They are beautiful. They remind me of the cats I left behind in England with my parents. Ivan is just like my brave little girl BC, who loved people but also thought she could take on big dogs. RIP.  She was so strong.

Stella is not visually similar but reminds me of Bandit, who was a big fluffy fat oafish ball.

Norton Canes

Alberon

He always did get all the pussy he could ever want.

Bobtoo

Quote from: the on January 20, 2020, 04:57:17 PM
He's the only cat I've ever known who plays fetch. That's right, you throw his ball, he goes after it, picks it up in his mouth and brings it back to you.

We used to have a cat who played fetch. He was enormous, one of the biggest cats I've ever seen. There was an Alien Black Cat sighting in a field near our house, and I'm pretty sure it was our cat they saw.

bgmnts

Mine is still a vomitus faecal making machine. Just constantky at the moment. He's also the greediest stroke cunt going, he will climb on you and get right in your face if you stop stroking him for more than .1 of a millisecond.

Cunts, the lot of them.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 28, 2019, 03:56:00 AM
Does he not kip with you? Or not kip as the case may be at the moment.

Ours is a great bed companion, he really snuggles in when the weather turns colder. If I lie on my back to read he stretches right out on my front with his front paws right up towrds my chin, and then when its lights out he'll find a crook to get comfy in.

Sorry, I missed this at the time. Yeah, in warmer times he'll usually sleep at the bottom of the bed, or right up beside me if I pat there. But I only have a wee heater in the living room, and it's mainly for his benefit, so in the winter he will tend to stay near it, or curl up right beside it.

Not always though, he'll still sometimes brave the cold bedroom, and was just lying in there a while ago while he waited for me to come out of the bath.

imitationleather

Letting the kittens sleep in our bedroom sounds lovely but inevitably after a couple of hours they start climbing over our faces and running around. Maybe when they get older and calm down.

One of mine plays fetch too. For instance earlier as soon as I walked through the front door he woke up, disappeared for a moment, emerged with a discount voucher from a pizza restaurant in his mouth and then dropped it right in front of me and looked up with expectant and very puppy-like eyes. I was like, "Sigh. I guess either we're having reduced pizza tonight or it's time for half an hour of fetch."

Gurke and Hare

She looks a bit grizzled these days.

Pseudopath

Quote from: imitationleather on January 20, 2020, 05:31:54 PM
Letting the kittens sleep in our bedroom sounds lovely but inevitably after a couple of hours they start climbing over our faces and running around. Maybe when they get older and calm down.

Good luck. Mine still do that and they're 12.

bgmnts

Does anyone's else's cat keep forgetting to put their tongue back in? He's about 11 now and often has his tongue dangling out. I need to touch it for him to slurp it back in.

Kelvin

My Mum and Dad had to put their 18 year old cat, Tess, to sleep last week. She'd been ill for months, and by Christmas is was obvious it was the last time I'd see her.

I've never been a cat person, or even a pet person, but like a parent who thinks their newborn baby is actually cute, I did grow very fond of Tess. I used to find it hilarious when she'd just saunter in, casually walk around knocking loads of shit over, paperwork, knick knacks, everything, then take a good, long look at my mum yelling abuse at her, and just saunter out again. Tess didn't give a shit. "Little thug", my mum used to call her.

She also (apparently) used to go crazy when she heard my voice on loud speaker, which she never did for anyone else - which is odd, because I never really petted her, or played with her, we always just had a healthy respect from afar.

Anyway, here's my favourite picture of her, taken a year or two ago. It was too hard to make out when I tried to use it as an avatar on here, but the bigger version's pretty great:   

Kelvin

I mean, c'mon! That picture is amazing.

bgmnts

Its photoshop material, that.

Can someone photoshop that cat:

Sat on a throne of bones.
Strapped into a rollercoaster.
Parachuting into France with the airbourne.
Sliding on a slip n slide.

imitationleather

That picture is superb.

RIP Tess.

Dewt

Quote from: Dewt on January 20, 2020, 04:59:33 PM
Stella is not visually similar but reminds me of Bandit, who wasis a big fluffy fat oafish ball.

I don't know if I posted it previously, but

Barry Admin

Sorry for your loss Kelvin, she does look like a real character.