Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobtoo

She looks quite fierce there but she's actually just stretching and yawning.

Flouncer

Frida is having a lazy sunday morning.

Cerys

mothman

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

We had our dog put down unfortunately last week. Thinking a cat might be a better idea as a replacement. They don't seem to die so fucking easily and get cancer anyway. Twenty years old you say?

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 26, 2019, 11:35:06 AM
We had our dog put down unfortunately last week. Thinking a cat might be a better idea as a replacement. They don't seem to die so fucking easily and get cancer anyway. Twenty years old you say?
Aw, sorry to hear about your dog. I had to have my beautiful 14 year cat put to sleep last year, she too had cancer. Still makes me so sad somedays.

I haven't any cat pictures to share but just looking at the beautiful contented pussycats posted here makes he happy. I have been be virtualy stroking them all through my screen, if that doesn't sound too weird.😬

St_Eddie

Quote from: Flouncer on May 26, 2019, 10:20:39 AM

It has been scientifically proven that 90% of people are unable to resist stroking a sleeping cat because they look so cute when they're curled up.  On a completely unrelated note, it has also been scientifically proven that 90% of cats suffer from sleep deprivation.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on May 26, 2019, 01:17:16 PM
Aw, sorry to hear about your dog. I had to have my beautiful 14 year cat put to sleep last year, she too had cancer. Still makes me so sad somedays.

I haven't any cat pictures to share but just looking at the beautiful contented pussycats posted here makes he happy. I have been be virtualy stroking them all through my screen, if that doesn't sound too weird.😬

Cheers.

imitationleather

Yes, I am also very sorry to hear about your dog.

I've only had this pair of bastards a month and I'm already a tad sad that knock on wood I'm going to outlive them.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ta. Puppies are they? They'll outlive you definitely.

hedgehog90

imitationleather

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 26, 2019, 07:26:40 PM
Ta. Puppies are they? They'll outlive you definitely.
No mine are kittens. I read about a cat celebrating its 30th birthday this weekend so it really isn't clear which of us will be going first.

Hey, Punk!

Have owned plenty of cats in the past, but cannot stand the smell of their leavings. Everything that comes out the wrong end of a creature smells, but nothing quite compares to the sharpness of a cat's. It really stings the nose.

imitationleather

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on May 26, 2019, 08:40:08 PM
Have owned plenty of cats in the past, but cannot stand the smell of their leavings. Everything that comes out the wrong end of a creature smells, but nothing quite compares to the sharpness of a cat's. It really stings the nose.

One of mine seems to only eat biscuits and I can barely smell their chods. The other favours wet food and what they end up producing is like CS spray in my eyes.

By the way, here are Queenie and Clive. Those horrendous curtains behind them are now getting thoroughly ruined, which I am very much enjoying seeing:

mothman

Aww. Our cat Zorro above, he had a sister looked just like them. We should have taken her too, really regret we didn't.

imitationleather

Ah that's a shame. Although I'm a pet novice I'm very pleased we got two. Watching them play and sleep next to each other (basically the two things they do) is endlessly entertaining. Also when one can't find the other they start meowing loads, which is extremely sweet. Going to have to get them neutered soon so they don't start rutting like mad and produce backward inbred kittens.

bgmnts

I like how cunty and smug cats are in their refusal to accept what their owners do and buy for them.

"Oh you bought me this ace comfy bed and scratching post set for £40? I think i'll sleep in the cardboard box it came in and scratch the shit out of your trainers instead. Thanks though."

Cunts.

However, my cat Paddy hit double digits recently and fuck me has he gone bonkers. Sticking his head in shoes, he sleeps in bras, he likes to sleep in boxes way too small for him and rest his head on the edges, like a div. He hates fish, never met a cat who hated fish. However he'll eat quorn.

I always get the feeling every time he looks at me that he is dying to shit in my mouth when I sleep, but then he comes up on my lap and cwtches like a kitten. A big, fat, old kitten.

Twed

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on May 27, 2019, 04:55:47 PM
he sleeps in bras

My cat Clive keeps stealing my missus's underwear from the washing basket and running around with it. Hahaha, what a lad.

Twed

This is how she looks at you in the morning, before she hops over to the bed

bgmnts

Fair play look at the fucking contempt there.

mothman

The Naughty Kittens. Well, they're a year old now, not really kittens anymore. Sisters. What happened was, our youngest, who's on the autistic spectrum (like me), she really wanted a pet and we thought it'd be good for her. Problem was her older sister went along too, and fell in love with a kitten of her own. And then lost interest a week after we brought them home. It's been a really trying time - the one in the right, probably the younger (likely the runt of the litter), my youngest's, is almost un-housetrainable. She won't use a litter tray. It's been a fucking nightmare.

But they are good fun, especially in this weather. Out in the garden they play fight all over the lawn. Usually cleaning each other mid-tussle. MrsMoth told me off for using the words "girl-on-girl action" in front of the children...

imitationleather

Some fine looking cats there, Twed and mothman.

I live on the same street as a cat cafe, and when coming back from the vets the Uber driver always (well, both times I've taken them to the vet so far) asks if that's where my two are headed. I'm like "Hell, no. These aren't two of those slutty whore cats, letting anyone with the right money handle them! These are some monogamous kittens." I've never actually been to a cat cafe and don't think I would, but I am guessing they are exactly like a brothel. Which, admittedly, I have also never been to.

I'm actually pretty uneasy around animals in general, it's only these two that I feel comfortable handling. So a cat cafe would probably be a pretty terrible experience for me all round.

Attila

Some cats.

My poor, doomed Vincent.

Mr Gus, the neighbours' cat who lives half his life in our house and garden

New tenants:

Tiny Cat (called Blue by her original owners). She is about 2 years old, and when we got her, completely bald from the head/scruff down due to stress grooming. She's slowly growing her fur back, but covered with scabs from incessant scratching and grooming. She is very chatty, and is a master of the silent meow.

Still needs a name because I'm not calling her Princess. Arrived with Tiny Cat from the same household. Has no back molar/grinder teeth at all. Very shy, lives almost exclusively behind the curtain on the windowsill, but will come out in the evening to lie on my jacket. Because of the tooth loss, she makes clicking noises, calling in all of the other Triffids, I guess. When she meows, she sounds like a staccato goose.

Mr Whiskers, a slut for cuddles; will pull your hand back if you stop skritching him. See the tale of his Bank Holiday weekend adventure in said thread. Weapons-grade farts when he's happy.

The latter three were rescued together; they were left at the cats' shelter by a relative of the original geretric owner. All three have been recovering from stress issues. Tiny Cat, we're told, arrived at the shelter absolutely crawling with fleas, hence the habitual grooming and scratching.

They're all chipped, and once we find out for certain if Tiny Cat is spayed, they'll all be introduced to the garden, albeit not at 1am on the Saturday morning of a Bank Holiday.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Attila on May 28, 2019, 12:09:56 PM

The latter three were rescued together; they were left at the cats' shelter by a relative of the original geretric owner. All three have been recovering from stress issues. Tiny Cat, we're told, arrived at the shelter absolutely crawling with fleas, hence the habitual grooming and scratching.

Kudos to you (and extra Dreamies/treats forever) for taking in those three lovely kitties together :)

Attila

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on May 28, 2019, 02:11:56 PM

Kudos to you (and extra Dreamies/treats forever) for taking in those three lovely kitties together :)

We were intially going to look for a pair (either bonded or two individuals). Mr Attila kept looking at black cats on our local cat blue cross page, because we're both still not really over the shock of Vincent. He liked the look of Tiny Cat, then saw she had been dumped with two other cats (the other two are 8 and 10 years old). The folks at the BC were really happy when we said we'd be fine with taking all three because usually a group like that either never gets adopted, or people cherry pick one or two of them.

I grew up with a lot of cats and dogs running about the place & then had a little menagerie when I was married before, and most of our pets were rescues/taken in because of circs, so I had no issue when he wondered to me if I'd be ok with a sudden cat family.

Dex Sawash

The only thing unclear is if the old dear was dead before the cats ate her.

Attila

They do seem to have a taste for chicken over their lovely Felix w/ veggies.

steve98

I was trying to record my re-imagining of Breakfast at Tiffanys when "Cat" intervened.
You can skip the singing if you're impatient or easily irritated, and go to 60sec when Cat (Abigail) jumps in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaAfl_bUZA

St_Eddie

Quote from: steve98 on May 29, 2019, 04:11:38 AM
I was trying to record my re-imagining of Breakfast at Tiffanys when "Cat" intervened.
You can skip the singing if you're impatient or easily irritated, and go to 60sec when Cat (Abigail) jumps in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaAfl_bUZA

Ha.  Typical.  I don't think that I've ever not had a cat interrupt me when I'm trying to record a YouTube video, even during the times that I haven't owned a cat.