Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2020, 08:01:44 PM
Its photoshop material, that.

Can someone photoshop that cat:

Sat on a throne of bones.
Strapped into a rollercoaster.
Parachuting into France with the airbourne.
Sliding on a slip n slide.

the

Quote from: Kelvin on January 20, 2020, 07:58:06 PMAnyway, here's my favourite picture of her, taken a year or two ago. It was too hard to make out when I tried to use it as an avatar on here, but the bigger version's pretty great:

Gave her a bit of a tweak:

'Ah, The Cook Report, my favourite.'

Alberon

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2020, 07:53:36 PM
Does anyone's else's cat keep forgetting to put their tongue back in? He's about 11 now and often has his tongue dangling out. I need to touch it for him to slurp it back in.

Our two might leave theirs out for ages if you do something they regard as surprising while they're washing themselves.

They got a present of two ping pong balls at Christmas which might not sound like much but they think it's the best present ever. They keep going ballistic chasing the balls around the room before inevitably losing them under the sofa.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2020, 08:01:44 PM
Its photoshop material, that.

Can someone photoshop that cat:

Sat on a throne of bones.
Strapped into a rollercoaster.
Parachuting into France with the airbourne.
Sliding on a slip n slide.

Yes.

RIP Tess. 18 is a good age.

Icehaven

Kelvin

Brilliant, Al. Gonna send them to my mum and dad.

Attila

I had to work down in Rome this weekend, which means I took roughly 1100 photos: maybe 1/2 dozen of the looming-over-museums hoardings of Picard, a handful of reference photos for the actual work I did, and the remaining 1,000 of the various cats hanging out and playing on the ruins.

Numbers may be exaggerated for comedy purposes, as I really only have 1 or 2 of the Picard ones.

Of the three cats we adopted together last summer, Tiny, the fluffy black one, not only like to whop ping-pong balls back at you when you throw them to her, but likes to catch them. She's the only cat we've had who likes these smallish foam balls as they're easier for her to get her claws into whilst catching.  The ancient and venerable Mr Kitty, who died at age around 21 or 22, liked to whack ping-pong balls back at you, too, but Tiny takes it to the next level with catching them and then waving them about in ecstasy.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

And yet....you post no pictures of said cats....

Why?

Attila

Apologies -- I was in transit.

This is Tiny, who likes to catch the foam balls. This is from shortly after we got her. She now has a lush, full coat of fur, but when we got her, she only had fur on her head and back of her neck (had pulled the rest out from stress and trauma in her previous home)

This is the current Mr Kitty, who is the oldest of the three, sat next to Tiny

This is Psusan (the p is silent) who lives on the windowsill mostly

Bobtoo

Psusan has a black and pink nose like Belle's

Pseudopath

Quote from: Attila on January 21, 2020, 08:22:36 PM
This is the current Mr Kitty, who is the oldest of the three, sat next to Tiny

He looks like the absolute don. The withering stare of a cat who's seen it all. No wonder you use the honorific title.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Bobtoo on January 21, 2020, 09:55:01 PM
Psusan has a black and pink nose like Belle's

Hello there cute little buddy! Wanna bump heads?

bgmnts

Tiny looks like she's seen it all, came back from 'Nam with that blank stare, looking into the void.

Attila

No time to do it this morning, I'm afraid, but I have more recent photos of the crew that may entertain and delight. Plus a few more bonus Roman cats.

Meanwhile, been catching up with this thread myself, and the wonderful cats here make me happy.

bgmnts

If you want to walk around a town literally filled with cute stray kittens and cats, go to Essaouira in Morocco. It's mental.

Attila

What the heck -- uploading these took less time than I thought.

Some of Tiny from this autumn:

She fucking loves this toy -- all of the other cats have spurned or ignored it over the years, but Tiny will sit with it and on it, and groom it

Mr Kitty (who is more of a derp than a don, trust me)

(fish-eyed lens)

Psusan

Roman cats:

This cat joined us on the tour of the Domus Aurea:

Cats from the Torre Argentina (there's a big sanctuary for cats there, plus on sunny days like this past Sunday, they lie all over the ruins)

From inside the 'nursery' where the older and illl cats are looked after:

Barry Admin

Attila

Cheers, Neil. I hope you and your kitty are doing well <3

the

How old is Jelly now by the way?

Wanna know if he can come out drinking

Gurke and Hare

Torre Argentina is great.

The cat boat in Amsterdam is a nice shelter to visit.

What other ones are there?

Captain Crunch

Hey wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if someone said they wanted one of those signs for themselves?  Oh hahaha!

the

DON'T TOUCH ME

THERE WAS AN INCIDENT

Barry Admin

Quote from: Attila on January 22, 2020, 09:25:35 PM
Cheers, Neil. I hope you and your kitty are doing well <3

Thanks a lot! You too :-D

Quote from: the on January 22, 2020, 09:38:18 PM
How old is Jelly now by the way?

Wanna know if he can come out drinking

I got him in February 2008, so he's 12 and a half now; best stick to alcopops.

Knowing that my memory is a complete and utter shocker, my sis did a typically thoughtful and ace thing, and made me a photo book back then called "The Chronicles of Mr Jelly." It's got the exact date I got him, our first night together, our first Xmas etc. Lovely little thing to refer back to, and it's got a picture of her cat Maggie on the back of it. Maggie has sadly passed, but looking after her while my sis was working in South Africa was what turned me into a cat person.

bgmnts

My Paddy did a human sized vomit last night. Needed half a fucking toilet roll to clean up.

Dewt

Are any of these cats jellicle?

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on January 23, 2020, 12:08:56 AM
My Paddy did a human sized vomit last night. Needed half a fucking toilet roll to clean up.

Legend Paddy

I was removing one of Clive's dumps from the litter tray earlier and when I was walking to the loo to flush it away the little cunt suddenly jumped up and grabbed the scoop, sending it flying. Why, why, why would he do that?

Attila

Quote from: Dewt on January 23, 2020, 12:10:09 AM
Are any of these cats jellicle?

Psusan is definitely a grumbie cat. (And I state for the record that I've known and loved the poems long before the musical, ta).

Neat about the houseboat sanctuary!

steve98

I would love to live on a houseboat in Amsterdam and open it up to homeless Dutch moggies. They could just pop in any time for a snooze or some grub or a bit of a lap-sit. Magic.