Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I'm very sorry to hear this dude.

She is one beautiful cat.

the

Quote from: Flouncer on February 07, 2020, 03:09:17 PMFridacat, my best mate in the whole world, is on her last legs. (...)

I'm sorry to hear all that Flouncer, you're a swell guy and you put so much interesting effort into your TV streams, and you have great taste in music too. You don't deserve such turmoil and nor does your lovely supportive cat. Chin up pal.

imitationleather

As I watch one of mine once again running through the living room with the toilet brush in his mouth I do find myself idly Googling cat life expectancy.

bgmnts

Yeah mine is going a bit barmy but that's the way it goes, pretty crap.

Hope the last however long you have with the kitty is great.

Cerys

Quote from: Flouncer on February 07, 2020, 03:09:17 PM
Fridacat, my best mate in the whole world, is on her last legs.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Flouncer.  She's a beautiful puss.

Brian Freeze

As with everyone above, I really feel for you and Frida. She is gorgeous. Has she been with you from being a kitten?

chveik

fuck, I'm really sorry to hear that Flouncer

alan nagsworth

You have my sympathies, dude. That is awful and I'm sorry. Loads of love from me to you xxx

Famous Mortimer

Sorry to hear that, Flouncer.

We got Littleone when she was 8 - she was a retired breeder / showcat who still has her amazing web 1.0 site up from her previous owners:

https://sites.google.com/site/karcasamsingapuras/history/home

The below picture is from just after we got her - underneath that blanket is a radiator, her favourite spot in the house.

Well, she's 16 now, and had to have all her teeth removed about 2 months ago. She's happy enough, still behaving like always, still eating, but she's just not putting any weight on and is getting seriously skinny. She's got a vet's appointment on Monday and I'm not expecting good news. There are few things in the world I love more than Littleone so I'm getting ready for some tough times.

But to not leave things on a bad note, I also volunteer at this cat rescue place, and they do wonderful work. Support your local places, if at all possible, etc.

https://www.tenthlifecats.org/

steve98

Aye, it's very sad Flouncer. I'll miss my wee Madam something terrible when she pops off. She's not just my best pal, she's my muse and leading lady too.

Here's an outline of a funny vid where I teach my Facebook fans how their furballs can do The Manc Walk. I say "funny", but the only funny thing about it will be her refusal to co-operate.

TEACHING YOUR CAT TO WALK LIKE IAN BROWN/LIAM GALLACHER.

You will need a cat (the uglier the better; I'm using office moggy Cilla).... (Though it isn't really about "looks", it's about attitude and power)

You'll also need a gas cooker; it should be moderately soiled and shitty.

Set the oven to a very low peep (As low as 1 will suffice).

The oven will heat the enamel hob to just the right temperature for your cat's feet to tolerate. Test the temp of the hob by dropping a rasher of bacon on it: if it sizzles it's too hot.

Put "Doing The Manc-Skank Walk (Oi!)" on.
[Downloadable for free at Soundcloud]

When you have the temp correct, encourage your cat to walk across the hob by tempting her with some spice or weed or similar.

Your cat should now walk like Ian Brown, as she crosses the hob.

In the video (Coming soon) you will see that Cilla carefully places her paws on the hob (knowing from experience how hot it can get.) Additionally she is only able to take stiff little baby steps to ensure she steps between the bits of the cast-iron pot-holders. (Make sure all the cast-iron bits are cold.)

You'll see (if you try it for yourself) how the short, jerky, stiff, steps, produce an amazing impression of the Brown/Gallacher skanky-Manc walk.

Any questions?

the

What involuntary noise does your cat make when it sees a bird out of the window?

I know some do and some don't, it's always funny when they do though. One of mine makes a squeaky clicking noise with vibrating whiskers, it's like a cross between the pulse dialling noise and a little squeaky wheel on a trolley.

bgmnts

I think mine is on the way out now, just seems to be devoid of life and acting in a very odd, unresponsive way except for food. Any time you enter the kitchen he's on you like a greyhound and perks up. Anything else though and he's just off. Is 14 old for a cat or does he have more years left? Also drinking MUCH more water, worried for him.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: bgmnts on February 16, 2020, 03:41:08 PM
I think mine is on the way out now, just seems to be devoid of life and acting in a very odd, unresponsive way except for food. Any time you enter the kitchen he's on you like a greyhound and perks up. Anything else though and he's just off. Is 14 old for a cat or does he have more years left? Also drinking MUCH more water, worried for him.
My little cat, who I mentioned a few posts ago, is 16. But 14 is definitely old:

https://www.purina.co.uk/cats/key-life-stages/ageing/cats-age-in-human-years

Best of luck, anyway. Hope you get more time with him.

olliebean

IME, it's generally when they're off their food that you need to start worrying about them.

Bobtoo

I'd get him to the vet. It sounds like his kidneys aren't what the were and it might not be too late to retrieve the situation. Changing to food designed for cats with rubbish kidneys, which is most older cats as far as I can tell, might be all that's required.

Cerys

imitationleather

My larger cat has worked out how to open doors using the handles. On the one hand I feel extremely proud of him, but on the other I am quite annoyed that not being pestered by him when I'm trying to sleep/work/have sex is now basically impossible.

Pseudopath

Quote from: imitationleather on February 20, 2020, 04:17:09 PM
basically impossible

If only someone had invented an object that could stop doors. They could probably call it a hinge-hinderer or something.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: the on February 16, 2020, 03:36:05 PM
What involuntary noise does your cat make when it sees a bird out of the window?

I know some do and some don't, it's always funny when they do though. One of mine makes a squeaky clicking noise with vibrating whiskers, it's like a cross between the pulse dialling noise and a little squeaky wheel on a trolley.

There's a whole instagram page for this behaviour :)

Dewt

My cat had a sudden illness and I put her down today

Bit of a bummer TBH

imitationleather

Quote from: Dewt on February 22, 2020, 07:49:09 PM

Bit of a bummer TBH

Ah man. Sorry to hear this.

bgmnts

Bit of a bummer TBH

Fucksake sorry.

Dewt

Her belly filled up with fluid yesterday. Took her to the vet and they did x-rays and took a sample and didn't really know what to do until an ultrasound on Monday. Got her an ultrasound somewhere else today and they couldn't see through all the fluid, just a big lump near her spine. Options were to let her spend the rest of her life being drained so she could stay alive, just do nothing until she died, or put her down (only correct answer). I couldn't say the words out loud to make the decision.

She was a very good cat with a permanently broken meow. She never did a single thing that wasn't extremely sweet. I miss her very much.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Dewt on February 23, 2020, 12:24:52 AM
Her belly filled up with fluid yesterday. Took her to the vet and they did x-rays and took a sample and didn't really know what to do until an ultrasound on Monday. Got her an ultrasound somewhere else today and they couldn't see through all the fluid, just a big lump near her spine. Options were to let her spend the rest of her life being drained so she could stay alive, just do nothing until she died, or put her down (only correct answer). I couldn't say the words out loud to make the decision.

She was a very good cat with a permanently broken meow. She never did a single thing that wasn't extremely sweet. I miss her very much.

Hell's Bells.  I am sorry twed.  Extremely beautiful cat.  Your decision was the rational and humane one.

Danger Man

Bit of a bummer TBH

That's hard but you did the right thing.

I hope you were with her at the end.

Cerys

That's so horrible.  You did the right thing in a shitty situation.  Hugs all round.

chveik

really sorry to hear this man xx

Dewt

Quote from: Danger Man on February 23, 2020, 12:45:18 AM
That's hard but you did the right thing.

I hope you were with her at the end.
Yes.

Thank you all

alan nagsworth

What a beautiful creature. I'm glad she brought so much happiness into your life.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Please take care, we love you.