Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Thank you.

I cancelled the ultrasound I had with another vet via their online form as they weren't answering phones over the weekend and got to write "cat is dead" in the reason for canceling box, so that made me laugh at least.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Dewt on February 23, 2020, 03:42:19 PM
Thank you.

I cancelled the ultrasound I had with another vet via their online form as they weren't answering phones over the weekend and got to write "cat is dead" in the reason for canceling box, so that made me laugh at least.

Made me chuckle too. So sorry for your loss, Dewt. Had to have my three-legged nutjob put down a week before Christmas, so know how hard it hurts.

Icehaven

Sorry for your loss, she was beautiful.

Dewt

<3 She was. And just full of love and curiosity. Never caused an ounce of trouble. Just wanted to look at the world around her and rub her head on you.

bgmnts

Whilst on the scab for food my cat got hit in the face by the washing machine door.

Pissed myself for about 20 minutes.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Dewt on February 23, 2020, 03:42:19 PM
Thank you.

I'm really sorry to hear that Dewt.

I unfortunately had something similar with my cat Littleone on Thursday. We got her when she was 8, she'd already had a "career" as a show-cat (Champion Pawra Heartofasia was her show-name) and breeder before we got her. So she lived to 16 and was the friendliest cat - anyone who came to our house and stopped moving, she'd either jump up them or hop into their laps. She was always tiny - that particular breed is the smallest breed, apparently - but her weight just dropped and dropped in the last month or so. We tried to help, giving her special food and even some subcutaneous IV fluids, but whatever was wrong with her won (probably cancer), and we took her to be put down before she started suffering too much.

Lots of crying, lots of walking through the kitchen, seeing her favourite spot empty and crying some more.

But, to try and cheer people up, please enjoy this excellent web 1.0 site, created by her previous owners, and also enjoy some cuteness.

https://sites.google.com/site/karcasamsingapuras/history/home

Dewt

That is pretty much the exact same story. I'm sorry you went through it too. Empty spaces are the most difficult part. She sounds like a wonderful cat, so much like mine.

Chollis

Gotta be honest all these dead cats are harshing my buzz

Barry Admin

I can only handle reading so much of the last few pages of posts, but wanted to express my deepest sympathies to you all for the loss of your beloved pets. I wonder all the time how I could ever cope!

Who knew you could get so attached? But a cat becomes like an extra limb; just always there, hanging around.

I maintain that one of the single greatest pleasures in life is for a cat to climb up on your lap and rest there for a while.

Again, my profound sympathies and regrets. Cat people are the best people, and I hope you're all coping okay.

kittens

the airbnb in italy had 2 cats. one of them was absolutely beautiful, so friendly and sweet, with a little stub of a tail and a lovely creaky meow. we named her meaco after our dehumidifier. we were only there five days but i've been crying all morning about having to leave her. she was so special. need to get a cat in england now.

dr beat

kittens

Cerys

That's just the noise they make when they're happy.

Dewt

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 26, 2020, 09:57:55 AM
I can only handle reading so much of the last few pages of posts, but wanted to express my deepest sympathies to you all for the loss of your beloved pets. I wonder all the time how I could ever cope!

Who knew you could get so attached? But a cat becomes like an extra limb; just always there, hanging around.

I maintain that one of the single greatest pleasures in life is for a cat to climb up on your lap and rest there for a while.

Again, my profound sympathies and regrets. Cat people are the best people, and I hope you're all coping okay.
Thank you. Personally I am still very sad but every thought about my cat is a happy memory now.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Dewt on February 26, 2020, 12:06:34 PM
Thank you. Personally I am still very sad but every thought about my cat is a happy memory now.
Me too. The weirdest thing is being able to sit on a sofa without having my lap claimed within the first thirty seconds. 

Brian Freeze

Loving the idea of happy memories of your fine cats being uppermost in your thoughts.

Dele Alli news - Mrs Freeze went the Co Op yesterday, and there's a homeless fella she says under the canopy getting shelter from the endless rain.

He was having a few folk stop and chat rather than walk by because the young rascal Dele is ligged out asleep on his lap like he belongs there. Fuck it, its twee but I am really happy for the pair of them.

NoOffenceLynn

Just caught up with this thread now.

Hugs to all the posters who have lost their beautiful furry friends recently.

It hurts like hell. I hope that the hurting won't last long for any of you and the sadness is replaced (like Dewt and others have said) with thoughts of happiness when we think about them.x

Cerys

One big worry about being away from home is the possibility that Scrabble won't be there when we get back.  Although a friend is looking after them, so I'm sure we'd have heard something by now.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Cerys on February 29, 2020, 04:55:53 PM
One big worry about being away from home is the possibility that Scrabble won't be there when we get back.  Although a friend is looking after them, so I'm sure we'd have heard something by now.
Yeah, that used to be a worry of mine when I had cats, going anywhere for more than a few days I'd worry they would miss me and might stray. As if. I was usually greeted with a casual glance up from paw cleaning dutys, given a look of distain and then straight back to the more important issue of cleaning.
And I would be given the 3am Running Around Meowing treatment too, just to let me know that they missed me, really.

God, I miss them so much.

imitationleather

My missus is being driven spare by one of ours waking her up meowing at 6am every morning. Sucks but the important thing is that I always sleep right through it no problem. I have tried telling her that if she stops getting up to give attention he'll probably get bored of it eventually but she's not as into cat psychology as I am.

By the way my cats are one year old tomorrow. It's gone by so fast. Best year of my life. Sob.

Icehaven

Even if I had a TV licence I'd be cancelling it now, Laura Kuenssberg has just obscured the view of Larry waiting to be let in to no.10 during a live broadcast. He was perfectly visible then the silly cow shifted and her shoulder was in the way. Sack her now.

easytarget

I've never owned a cat before but I've been thinking about it for a while. I gave in to the urge a couple of weeks ago and started looking online for local cats in need of homes - we found this one:

Name: Ripley
Breed: Unknown - Short Hair North American Desk Cat?

We picked her up last night and she's FUCKING GREAT. She's all social and following us around the house. Everything I've read said, basically: "Expect her to hide in a cupboard on her own for weeks until she gets used to humans, during this time she will destroy everything you own and piss everywhere and maybe you shouldn't get a cat? Yeah, you go get a turtle or something - more cats for me".
She does seem to want to ignore any cat related items we got for her and scratch the sides of the sofa but hopefully we can persuade her to knock that off.

Dewt

She looks so sweet, so small. What is the thing with a yellow grille and a knob? It looks like an amp-cum-stationary box.

easytarget

She's 3 1/2 years old - but yeah, small. Also, and we've only known her for a few hours, really sweet!

The yellow thing is a tube amp, sounds great when driving speakers and really noisy on headphones.

Icehaven

Dewt

Agreed. How many tubes has she got?

easytarget

Quote from: Dewt on February 29, 2020, 07:02:24 PM
Agreed. How many tubes has she got?
The amp takes four ; two EL84s and two 6N3Ps

I think the cat is solid state.

Barry Admin

Congrats!

Only thing I wish I'd done at the start was be a bit more distinct with the phrases I use. When I say "do you want..." then Jelly whips his head round before I get to some ham, some catnip or a brush or whatever. I'm always amazed by how clearly we can communicate between the species barrier.

Anyway yeah, Ripley is a beauty!

easytarget

Thanks everyone!
I'll be using this thread as my primary feline information source.

No pressure.