Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Quote from: Pseudopath on April 13, 2020, 07:31:05 PM

No disrespect to his handsome brother, but what a cat. Absolutely bossing it with that moustache.
He looks like the robot assassin version of my Watson

I love him

Dewt

Cerys

Quote from: Captain Crunch on April 14, 2020, 09:47:10 AM

I love how they include a zoom-in of the two front legs, like we couldn't possibly understand the caption otherwise.

monkfromhavana

I'm sure all your cats are all lovely and all that, but

Hello Alan

Dewt

Dewt

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Yep he is a handsome sod. A stupid, scatty mog, but I love him and his brother-from-another mother.

Some more sunshine snaps.

Also Alan looks like a dude.

monkfromhavana

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

More from today's photoshoot.

Cerys

There are few animals that can do smug like a cat can do smug.  Chameleons, I suppose.  But that's probably because they can change colour.  Smug chromatic bastards.

alan nagsworth

Nowt more content than a cat soaked in sunshine, is there?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

alan nagsworth

Actually it wasn't her eating it, it was me ... oh, oh I get it

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

alan nagsworth

She's FAT. Had her weighed at the vet this week, she's 5.2kg haha. He said we need to get her on the low calorie food and don't let her get any bigger. It's because she never bloody exercises, she just arses about all the live long day.

Dewt

Make sure to figure out if you could just calorie control her with regular food before putting her on the special "this is cat food for weight loss" food. Those foods are usually really high in carbs and pretty terrible for the cat and a much worse choice than just restricting the amount of normal food they eat. Remember that even though you'd expect a vet to worry about these things they don't usually have the time or inclination to research this either, or just settle on broad advice to make their job manageable. Or they get paid by the prescription food companies :-(

Hill's Science Plan is a success of marketing (backed by Colgate donchaknow) and not necessarily a success in the pet nutrition field.

Pseudopath

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 17, 2020, 09:21:31 PM
She's FAT. Had her weighed at the vet this week, she's 5.2kg haha.

Cleo is 5.2kg? My arse. Vet must have been including his own jealousy in that weigh-in.

Ditto to Dewt's advice too. My cats got a bit on the chunky side and it was basically down to me feeding them whenever the fuck they liked. As long as you establish a routine (and maybe chuck them a couple of healthy treats/meats when they're being super-needy), it'll fall straight back off again.

Wish the same formula worked for me.

Mr_Simnock

Very distinguished cat

Great photo

the

My cats are being naughty today.

Last night (I presume) Ivan got into the place we keep their food and treats and ate THREE packets of Dreamies and ripped his way into a big bag of dry food. Stella may have been involved but Ivan is the main suspect as 1) he's a greedy git, and 2) today he's gone completely spherical around the middle.

And Stella (who still hasn't got the hand of retracting her claws when she wants to release herself from some fabric) pulled down a net curtain.

And that's repayment I get for dabbing their poo around the garden to mark their territory and try to ward off a big tom cat who's been attempting to assert himself in their space.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Pseudopath on April 17, 2020, 10:17:59 PM
Cleo is 5.2kg? My arse. Vet must have been including his own jealousy in that weigh-in.

Haha, you can't tell from the photos but she has got a proper swinging belly.

I am gonna look into some low calorie food for her since feeding her less than her brother hasn't had any effect.

Malcy

My cat managed to lock me out of the house this afternoon. We were outside in the garden and after a while he went upstairs so I closed the door over and sat back outside.

After a few minutes I could hear him hitting the door and the chain so I went to open it and realised the noise was him hitting the key and turning it to lock! Tried the coat hanger method and no luck so I had to go find a set of ladders that I could borrow. Luckily got some at the end of the street but explaining why I needed them was a bit embarassing.

I got in after wrestling the kitchen window to get it to open while trying to press the button to make it open more. He just sat and watched me from the door not the least bit arsed about anything that had happened. He did pee on the stairs and miawoed loads when I was trying to open the door at first though.

Cerys

Icehaven

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on April 14, 2020, 06:07:48 PM
Yep he is a handsome sod. A stupid, scatty mog, but I love him and his brother-from-another mother.

Some more sunshine snaps.

Also Alan looks like a dude.

Oh my. He's unbelievable, best of cats.

Pseudopath

Just love how he keeps slapping that left paw out. What a dashing devil.

Dewt

Quote from: Malcy on April 19, 2020, 07:57:56 PM
My cat managed to lock me out of the house this afternoon. We were outside in the garden and after a while he went upstairs so I closed the door over and sat back outside.

After a few minutes I could hear him hitting the door and the chain so I went to open it and realised the noise was him hitting the key and turning it to lock! Tried the coat hanger method and no luck so I had to go find a set of ladders that I could borrow. Luckily got some at the end of the street but explaining why I needed them was a bit embarassing.

I got in after wrestling the kitchen window to get it to open while trying to press the button to make it open more. He just sat and watched me from the door not the least bit arsed about anything that had happened. He did pee on the stairs and miawoed loads when I was trying to open the door at first though.

holyzombiejesus

Should I be worried that my (15 year old) cat has just walked in with one of his front teeth hanging off. He seems quite relaxed about it. All our local vets (and taxi firms) are closed so if I needed to get him in somewhere it's something like a 3 hour round trip on a train.

Cerys

He's of an age where he's bound to lose teeth.  Just keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't in too much pain and that he doesn't choke on it.

holyzombiejesus

Ah, ok. Thanks Cerys. I'll keep checking on him and try and get a better look when my wife gets home from work.