Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: icehaven on August 09, 2020, 11:50:29 PM
Do find more, I need them.
Yeah my mum's 3 are refusing to come indoors at all at the moment, fussy buggers won't even eat inside but leaving their dinners outside just means they end up covered in flies, the awkward so-and-sos.

Here's some for you of Vince as a baby. It's hard for me to look at his photos, as we had him less than two years before an arsehole neighbour knocked him down with his car.

Here he is on the sofa wearing his housekey

Baby Vince on Mr Attila's oscilloscope and stuff

Baby Vince just vincing

Paint me like one of your French girls

NoOffenceLynn

Ahh thats awful, sorry to hear about Vince, he was a very handsome boy. x

Attila

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on August 10, 2020, 10:17:40 AM
Ahh thats awful, sorry to hear about Vince, he was a very handsome boy. x

Many thanks <3 He was awesome, and the smartest cat I've ever had. Lil dude had mastered basic physics and had a grasp of thermodynamics. Watching him open a door using his weight on the door handle was a thing of beauty -- he figured out how to unlatch the back door to get into the garden before we taught him properly to go through the flap. I was only really just getting to know him.

Mr Attila knows who knocked him down, and won't tell me out of fear, I think, that I will put a serious hurting on that person.

steve98

Quote from: Flouncer on August 10, 2020, 01:29:22 AM

If you'd had the foresight to stick a polka backing track on there Warrior might have gone viral!

Thanks. I don't think she really does it for the fame; she does it to get the message out there, to those who still suffer. There's a few sad-lookin' cats on this site (mentionin' no names) that look like they could use some help.

Attila

Quote from: steve98 on August 10, 2020, 01:28:18 PM
Thanks. I don't think she really does it for the fame; she does it to get the message out there, to those who still suffer. There's a few sad-lookin' cats on this site (mentionin' no names) that look like they could use some help.

steve98

Aye, she/he's a good example, what a horrible mess'. I'd advise you to point her to the 1st Step "... admitted that our lives had become unmanageable." That's all you can do really at this stage (And pray)

steve98

The likes of her are ten a penny on any Glasgow street "Spare some change? Any spare change? Any nip? Any nibbles?... must huv a few Dreamies, you're fuckin' loaded..." NA(Nip Anon) is the answer for these cats.

Attila

That's Mr Gus, who turns lucky number 13 years old this week.

He's been getting the hard stuff lately, as we've got catnip growing in the greenhouse. He enjoys a stalk or two, then dances around the garden chasing the prisms thrown off by the suncatchers on the runner beans. It's like cat Woodstock out there every day for him.

Not a Dreamies cat -- his munchie of choice are Felix Goody bag (original mix).

Icehaven

Quote from: Attila on August 10, 2020, 09:43:48 AM
Here's some for you of Vince as a baby. It's hard for me to look at his photos, as we had him less than two years before an arsehole neighbour knocked him down with his car.

Here he is on the sofa wearing his housekey

Baby Vince on Mr Attila's oscilloscope and stuff

Baby Vince just vincing

Paint me like one of your French girls

Ohhhhhhh. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to him, looks like he had a lovely happy life though.

Attila

Quote from: icehaven on August 11, 2020, 12:32:04 AM
Ohhhhhhh. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to him, looks like he had a lovely happy life though.

Vince was probably one of the best little cat-friends I've ever had. We'd really only just started what should have been a long & mad life together. I've never seen Mr Attila as devastated as he was (he was the one who answered the door when the neighbour came calling -- to be fair, at least matey didn't leave him by the side of the road and speed off).

One of his madder attributes, Vince, was that he absolutely loved being sung to. I tend to sing along with records or whatever as I'm pottering around, and he'd come and become super affectionate. He'd be a kitten rescue, found wandering in someone's front garden when he was maybe a couple of months old if that, so he became really bonded -- if he decided to cuddle and I sang quietly to him, he was a ragdoll with contentment. He was really into headbumping, as well, and would get super silly about doing it over and over again with me; because he was separated from his mum so young, he was a complete softy about having the top of his head rubbed the way a mother cat licks her kittens from the nose towards the back of the head.

He loved sticks -- and one of his favourite activities was attacking the postman through the letterbox every day. He'd hear the beeping of the 'package delivered' gizmo the postie had, and come flying down the stairs to lie in wait for him. He'd leap up and stick his paws through the letterbox to try to get at him (the postie was a good sport about it after being startled as fuck the first couple of times). Vince would be gutted if he missed the post, so we'd take everything outside and post it all through for him again -- I'd post random stuff on Sundays and Bank Holidays for him -- old mail, but also sticks.)

We'd also play a lot in the small playing field/public path opposite the house, especially when it got darker outside. He loved running around chasing people, hiding behind trees and leaping out.

He literally made his own bed -- we came downstairs one morning to discover he'd pulled the curtain off the back door, shredded it up, and was happily sleeping in it. We left him to it, and as it got tattier and tattier, I finally put it in a Colletif cloth shopping bag -- that was his number 1 favourite thing to sleep on or with, and he was cremated with it. Little dude fucking loved cloth bags -- he'd jump in, then you could pick him up and swing him around. He also had one of those crinkly tunnel things he'd pounce and play in.

He was a fabulous little guy. It's been almost a year and a half, and it still hurts -- but I'm actually quite happy sharing these photos of him :)

Attila

Mr Gus caught on the wildlife camera last night.

7 days.

mobias

She's in a feisty mood this afternoon

steve98

Aye, she looks like she's in the mood for some paw to hand combat.

Icehaven

steve98

She's a gorgeous lookin' cat (Think she might be called Heidi). She's too good and pure for this place really; you can just picture (pics) the type of sex-starved loser cats that are drawn here, wankin' themselves silly over Heidi.

Attila

Quote from: steve98 on August 19, 2020, 12:27:34 AM

I keep this image on hand to embed in my PowerPoint lectures -- usually as the image that follows a particularly exasperating or complex issue in Roman history. Gets big laffs.

Jittlebags

Next Door's cat aka 'Evil Cat' shat in our greenhouse yesterday. Furry twat. Had to scoop it up with an empty Pringles tin.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

RIP Sidney. My mum and dad's cat, but he was a real good friend to me.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on August 26, 2020, 05:43:52 PM
RIP Sidney. My mum and dad's cat, but he was a real good friend to me.

RIP. What a fine and handsome cat.

touchingcloth

Bump

Edit - only bumped for this, tee hee:

Captain Crunch

I'm sorry to hear about Sidney, such a beautiful cat.

Although I wonder if anyone would be insensitive enough to suggest you have a séance for him?

bgmnts

Menu

Quote from: Attila on August 11, 2020, 08:14:08 AM
Vince was probably one of the best little cat-friends I've ever had. We'd really only just started what should have been a long & mad life together. I've never seen Mr Attila as devastated as he was (he was the one who answered the door when the neighbour came calling -- to be fair, at least matey didn't leave him by the side of the road and speed off).

One of his madder attributes, Vince, was that he absolutely loved being sung to. I tend to sing along with records or whatever as I'm pottering around, and he'd come and become super affectionate. He'd be a kitten rescue, found wandering in someone's front garden when he was maybe a couple of months old if that, so he became really bonded -- if he decided to cuddle and I sang quietly to him, he was a ragdoll with contentment. He was really into headbumping, as well, and would get super silly about doing it over and over again with me; because he was separated from his mum so young, he was a complete softy about having the top of his head rubbed the way a mother cat licks her kittens from the nose towards the back of the head.

He loved sticks -- and one of his favourite activities was attacking the postman through the letterbox every day. He'd hear the beeping of the 'package delivered' gizmo the postie had, and come flying down the stairs to lie in wait for him. He'd leap up and stick his paws through the letterbox to try to get at him (the postie was a good sport about it after being startled as fuck the first couple of times). Vince would be gutted if he missed the post, so we'd take everything outside and post it all through for him again -- I'd post random stuff on Sundays and Bank Holidays for him -- old mail, but also sticks.)

We'd also play a lot in the small playing field/public path opposite the house, especially when it got darker outside. He loved running around chasing people, hiding behind trees and leaping out.

He literally made his own bed -- we came downstairs one morning to discover he'd pulled the curtain off the back door, shredded it up, and was happily sleeping in it. We left him to it, and as it got tattier and tattier, I finally put it in a Colletif cloth shopping bag -- that was his number 1 favourite thing to sleep on or with, and he was cremated with it. Little dude fucking loved cloth bags -- he'd jump in, then you could pick him up and swing him around. He also had one of those crinkly tunnel things he'd pounce and play in.

He was a fabulous little guy. It's been almost a year and a half, and it still hurts -- but I'm actually quite happy sharing these photos of him :)

This made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss, Atilla.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Captain Crunch on August 26, 2020, 10:20:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Sidney, such a beautiful cat.

Although I wonder if anyone would be insensitive enough to suggest you have a séance for him?

Made me laugh.

The Mollusk

Despite us having bought beds for our two cats recently (actually, who am I kidding, it's precisely a result of us doing this), one of them has now taken to parking her fat arse right in the middle of one of the big wooden planters in our garden. I wondered why our cosmos was bent in half and the pansies were completely crushes and the next morning I caught her at it.

This is the same cat who makes the loud vagina cleaning noises. When Tim is talking about Brian on Spaced and he says "I do like him, I'm just not sure why", I relate to that sentence so much.

the

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 27, 2020, 11:35:37 AMone of them has now taken to parking her fat arse right in the middle of one of the big wooden planters in our garden. I wondered why our cosmos was bent in half

I do like the idea of a cat so hefty it bends the cosmos in half

bgmnts

I'm imagining a cat dressed as that Fantastic Four villain that eats entire planets.

The Mollusk

imitationleather

The other day Queenie tipped over one of the litter trays and then stood in the middle of the wreckage, proudly having a dump. Didn't even attempt to cover it afterwards.

I really respect and identify with that level of wanton destruction and belligerence.

She's now curled up on my lap acting like pure innocence.