Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:34:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

I now have images of Vince and Sidney engaged in happy feline frolicking just out of human view.  Sniffle.

Dex Sawash

Lost cat notice from n'hood email list made me guffaw at the phrasing+cat image.

QuoteThis is my last-ditch effort to locate our cat who has been missing for three weeks.  Tuck is a large (15 pounds) black and white kitty who you might think is female (due to surgery) but he is all boy.  He left wearing a black collar with white skulls and crossbones on it, with a red ID tag, and a ROAD ID attached to the collar.  He is very friendly. And, he enjoys a good meal.     

steve98

Knocked it off at ASDA today: 3 large packs of classic roast chicken breast for 60p (20p a pack). There was dozens and dozens of packets(someone must have fucked-up).

UPDATE. She loves it.

Hand Solo

The little stray kitten that kept coming in our garden until we eventually took it in has grown much bigger since Xmas and has got quite fat and is the boss of the house now, my Dad fusses after her and she'll jump on the window ledge all times of night to be let in or out. I did used to leave the top of my bedroom window open for her all night, but she started bringing in live mouse in her mouth and letting them loose in my room (as well as dead birds and the like) so now she has to wait on the ledge until I can check she's not bringing anything in with her and this is why we're not getting her a catflap either. Used to be able to pick her up and hold like a baby and she would purr but now she thinks she owns the place she starts making disapproving noises if you pick her up. Just found her en repose in the conservatory armchair and took these candid shots:

CUNT

The Mollusk

Haha yesss I will never tire of cats giving it the ol' blep.

Additionally if you're concerned about her bringing animals in, you know cat flaps come with locks right? The one we've got allows you to lock it from both sides or to allow only one way access from either side.

shiftwork2

Hand Solo

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 27, 2020, 07:13:51 PM
Additionally if you're concerned about her bringing animals in, you know cat flaps come with locks right? The one we've got allows you to lock it from both sides or to allow only one way access from either side.

She's out drinking all night with that Eric Burdon, then he'll say "We've got to get out of this place" and they end up coming in my gaff, not having it. I do know about the locks on cat flaps, we had one when I was a kid and I made great use of it because this big fat fucker called Biggles from down the road would come in our cat flap and nosh all our cat's food, I'd walk into the kitchen and catch him and he'd peg it out the cat flap so I locked it from the inside. Next time I found him scoffing his face off he went like a rocket and smacked his head right into the plastic flap, and then confused kept running back into it not knowing what to do. Think I just tapped him firmly on the nose then let him go out the front door and he never came back after that.

We do have a spare catflap in the shed we took down after my old cat died, it has locks, but I'm not sure I'm arsed installing the thing if you've got to lock it all the time so she can only go out, the other problem is she wakes me up jumping on my bedroom window ledge and miaowing from outside so I'd be more installing it so she can leave me alone early in the morning, maybe when it gets more chilly there's less chance of her finding animals and I can leave it open.

And yes, she has that constant Derp! tongue hanging out half the time.

Attila

Quote from: Cerys on August 27, 2020, 01:42:54 PM
I now have images of Vince and Sidney engaged in happy feline frolicking just out of human view.  Sniffle.

He was a bit of a lone gunslinger, but his predecessor, The Beans, would be happy for the cosmic company (I brought her over from the US with me, and she was killed about two years later, only four years old, in a really stupid accident. But she and Mr Gus was absolute best buddies and hung out together all the time.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Sid liked fighting squirrels to the death in the kitchen. It was like a cross species MMA.

Menu

Quote from: Hand Solo on August 27, 2020, 06:32:17 PM
The little stray kitten that kept coming in our garden until we eventually took it in has grown much bigger since Xmas and has got quite fat and is the boss of the house now, my Dad fusses after her and she'll jump on the window ledge all times of night to be let in or out. I did used to leave the top of my bedroom window open for her all night, but she started bringing in live mouse in her mouth and letting them loose in my room (as well as dead birds and the like) so now she has to wait on the ledge until I can check she's not bringing anything in with her and this is why we're not getting her a catflap either. Used to be able to pick her up and hold like a baby and she would purr but now she thinks she owns the place she starts making disapproving noises if you pick her up. Just found her en repose in the conservatory armchair and took these candid shots:

CUNT

If you're able to, you should get the constant, er, 'tongue action' looked at by a vet. It's usually a sign that something's not quite as it should be.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Menu on August 28, 2020, 04:33:22 AM
If you're able to, you should get the constant, er, 'tongue action' looked at by a vet. It's usually a sign that something's not quite as it should be.

Thanks, I've had a look and she has no problems eating, drooling or with her mouth in general, I just think it's a byproduct of her constantly licking herself. She does have fleas so scratches and licks herself quite a lot and we've tried collars and various sprays and pills but can't shift them entirely, but she tends to have her tongue out after a good lickout session (not quite as vigorous as The Mollusk's cat, thankfullly.)

Mr_Simnock

The vet is always telling us the fleas are always adapting to various treatments and everything they recommend always seems to have a short period of time before it needs replacing by something new, current recommendation are the Front Line products, give them a go if you haven't already.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 28, 2020, 04:00:13 PM
The vet is always telling us the fleas are always adapting to various treatments and everything they recommend always seems to have a short period of time before it needs replacing by something new, current recommendation are the Front Line products, give them a go if you haven't already.

That's the badger. I've seen the ads but kept forgetting the product name, kept meaning to buy some.

imitationleather

Consider the fleas as pets too.

steve98

Restrict yourself to baldy cats, like Bane here. No fleas on him.

Famous Mortimer

I've shared him on here before, but this was my old cat Nicko, a "peterbald" rather than a "sphynx". He looked weird and would go fucking bonkers if anyone cooked chicken in the house, but he was incredibly friendly and I miss him.

steve98

Not the most aww-inspiring feline we've had Mr Mortimer, but very... eye-catching.

Hand Solo

Quote from: steve98 on August 28, 2020, 07:47:00 PM
Restrict yourself to baldy cats, like Bane here. No fleas on him.

But ah, does he suffer from phimosis?

steve98

Yes. And he has feelings of worthlessness and despair.

bgmnts

Aww man I want to stroke him and give him the cwtches but it looks too much like a scrotum.

Captain Crunch

Local cat rescue just had a competition to name three female kittens.  I suggested Kim, Kelley and Kristin.  Sat back expecting my prize and only just realised it's KKK!  Shaaaame!

Icehaven

Quote from: Captain Crunch on August 30, 2020, 04:11:36 PM
Local cat rescue just had a competition to name three female kittens.  I suggested Kim, Kelley and Kristin.  Sat back expecting my prize and only just realised it's KKK!  Shaaaame!

Don't feel too bad, racist cats are all the rage these days.

The Mollusk

Sphinx cats have slave ownership in their blood. That's a legacy we have to maintain, don't let the PC brigade rewrite history

imitationleather

Yesterday my poor cat Clive had a door shut on his tail and a few centimetres of it degloved. A big tube of cat fur came off and exposed the wormlike muscle and whatnot underneath. It doesn't look great. He's having to go and have a partial amputation performed on his tail tomorrow morning.

It's been an extremely upsetting and tiring couple of days. I didn't really go to sleep last night because he couldn't settle down and I was so worried about him. I feel quite drained.

The Mollusk

Mate fuckinell! That's horrific, really sorry to hear it. Poor little soldier.

wooders1978

Sorry to hear about that IL - fucking horrific when something bad happens to one of your babies - they'll be back to their normal selves before you know it

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on September 03, 2020, 08:04:34 PM
Yesterday my poor cat Clive had a door shut on his tail and a few centimetres of it degloved. A big tube of cat fur came off and exposed the wormlike muscle and whatnot underneath. It doesn't look great. He's having to go and have a partial amputation performed on his tail tomorrow morning.

It's been an extremely upsetting and tiring couple of days. I didn't really go to sleep last night because he couldn't settle down and I was so worried about him. I feel quite drained.

Fucksake sorry mate! Thing about cats is though they're sturdy as fuck, proper Marcus Aurelius stoics. Quick lopping off of the tail and he'll be back to sleeping all day like nothing happened.

Cerys

Poor kitten!  Give him a very gentle cuddle from me as soon as he's up to it.

Hand Solo

Be a responsible owner and install one of these:

The Mollusk

Quote from: bgmnts on September 03, 2020, 11:45:27 PM
Fucksake sorry mate! Thing about cats is though they're sturdy as fuck, proper Marcus Aurelius stoics. Quick lopping off of the tail and he'll be back to sleeping all day like nothing happened.

Is that true?! Right that's my afternoon sorted.