Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

favourite words of comedians

Started by bollocks, May 25, 2019, 01:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Quote from: bigfatheart on May 27, 2019, 10:52:00 PM
I think a pre-insanity Graham Linehan points out on one of the Father Ted commentaries that they liked to describe things as big, e.g. 'I burned it all in a big fire', 'you big eejit', etc. In cases like the former it definitely adds a weird, childlike glee to a sentence, which suits the show well.
Yeah, definitely a good defining one for Father Ted (especially when it's so tempting to pick "feckin'").

Gah, what was the Frasier one...

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Chris Morris - 'special', as in 'special gun' etc.

Describing a piece of equipment as special without giving any indication as to why it exceeds the norm is just intrinsically funny.

famethrowa

zomgmouse

Quote from: iamcoop on May 25, 2019, 02:09:40 PM
Always love hearing Bob Mortimer saying the word "shoes"

Or when he always says "tod" on Athletico Mince

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 27, 2019, 11:18:53 PM

Describing a piece of equipment as special without giving any indication as to why it exceeds the norm is just intrinsically funny.

Yeah, my favourite is this one (talking about upcoming millennium celebrations):

Quote from: Chris Morris Music Show 30/11/94
In Rome - this should be worth seeing - a 2000-uddered wolf is gonna be driven through Rome and then beheaded by Giorgio Armani.  And out of the body will fly a special moth!

KennyMonster

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 27, 2019, 11:18:53 PM

Spherical?

magval

Lee and Herring both said 'sort of' a lot in the 90s, both in their scripts and the improv between bits.