Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Digital music systems?

Started by mothman, May 25, 2019, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

I've had a quick look both here and in Oscillations, but can't see a thread on anything like these.

I'd also like to apologise for the sheer degree of consumer tech illiteracy I'm about to display.

We have a Sony mini Hifi system. It's old. It's got a tape player ffs. Which we've never once used in 18 years. We don't even use it to play CDs anymore. The speakers are boxy and wooden. It's taking up a whole shelf on our bookcase. It's got to go. So I thought, how about one of those music systems that you can Bluetooth to, and maybe even connect to Spotify, that sort of thing?

I happened to notice one in a house we went to view last week, but I couldn't really look closely at it in case they thought we were there to case the joint. I don't really know where to start, what makes are good, what's the audio like, the interface, connectivity (WiFi as well as Bluetooth? I've no idea). Something relatively low-profile that you could stick on the side in the kitchen without it getting in the way.

One thing I would be interested in is auxiliary inputs: we do have a turntable we'll definitely be keeping, as we've got some choice vinyl including my parents' old stuff from the 60s.

Any advice or recommendations? What should I avoid?