Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst charting song by a Britpop era band

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, May 25, 2019, 03:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Chriddof on June 12, 2019, 11:22:06 PM
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I may be completely wrong about this, but I had a hunch it might have been about a pre-success Gervais, what with some of the lyrics and the way the dates just about tally (he started his comedy career around the mid-nineties, the B-side came out in 1996). Also I recall an anecdote told by... someone I can't remember, where Robin Ince took one of his former indie musician friends along backstage to a big mid-2000s Gervais stand up show (said musician was left unnamed in the telling), and whoever it was ripped into Gervais when he met him after the show, continually referring to him as "Dick". Admittedly it could also be about any number of then-more successful mid 90s comedians...

Thanks for that, it is appreciated and I hope it is Gervais. Whenever I listen to it I'll imagine it definitely is, anyway!

koeman

Given the name of the song, and the fact it was possibly referencing a comedian this forum talks about a lot, I presumed it was about Syd.

DrGreggles

Quote from: koeman on June 13, 2019, 11:32:13 AM
Given the name of the song, and the fact it was possibly referencing a comedian this forum talks about a lot, I presumed it was about Syd.

Counts Syd out.

koeman