Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tyler, The Creator - IGOR

Started by grassbath, May 25, 2019, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassbath

Anyone listened to this or still interested in him since he became became all sensitive and emotional and cool to like again? I'm listening to it now and it is rather good, but I'm annoyed by the track titles being all-caps, which seems to have become a cool gimmick recently.

alan nagsworth

Fantastic album. This and Flower Boy are easily him at his creative peak and it's a rather joyous artistic transformation he's undergone. He's done a fantastic job of writing, arranging and producing this stuff entirely on his own. I love the brash production that belies the heartache coarsing through the whole thing, and the line he tows between gut-punching hip hop and high-flying soul music. Ugh it's just so good.

Ja'moke

Ace album. Not sure if I enjoy it as much as Flower Boy, but it's only been out a week or so. He's also allowed back in the UK now, finally.

peanutbutter

Rare case of an album cover putting me off tbh, loved Flower Boy but haven't listened to this one yet and the album art is the only reason I can think of for that

I'll get around to it eventually I'm sure. Looks like like some vaporwave shit or something though.

up_the_hampipe

The opening track is fucking great. The rest of the album is good, but a far cry from the majesty of Flower Boy.