Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shakespear's Sister are BACK

Started by Dr Rock, May 25, 2019, 07:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8mVXmmmFs

with a song that sounds a bit Lee Hazlewood. Well that's a bit of an understatement.

a duncandisorderly

Twed

I'm glad they're sticking to "one of them is an evil witch".

DrGreggles

Has Siobhan had a big tax bill?

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 25, 2019, 07:29:43 PM
Has Siobhan had a big tax bill?

Yeah, I interviewed Siobhan a few years ago and she wasn't too complimentary about Marcella. I think she was performing live as SS but not doing Stay.

Soon after its release, I discovered that Stay transformed into quite a good dance track with a good breakbeat if you played it 50% faster (in my case using a rigged cassette player)

Try it on YouTube
https://youtu.be/YCYaALgW80c?t=2m39s
(set 1.5x playback speed)

So Siobhan's doing this and Bananarama now?  I hope it's for the love of it, and not desperate times calling for desperate measures - I have fond memories of both groups.

Twed

It does seem like a track that should have been sampled more than it has been.

Shaky

Quote from: Darles Chickens on May 27, 2019, 10:38:12 PM
Soon after its release, I discovered that Stay transformed into quite a good dance track with a good breakbeat if you played it 50% faster (in my case using a rigged cassette player)

Try it on YouTube
https://youtu.be/YCYaALgW80c?t=2m39s
(set 1.5x playback speed)

So Siobhan's doing this and Bananarama now?  I hope it's for the love of it, and not desperate times calling for desperate measures - I have fond memories of both groups.

Nah, the mighty B are back to a duo now.

jobotic

Quote from: Jockice on May 27, 2019, 09:40:23 PM
Yeah, I interviewed Siobhan a few years ago and she wasn't too complimentary about Marcella. I think she was performing live as SS but not doing Stay.

That must have caused "Streets of London" scenes.

Jockice

Quote from: Shaky on May 28, 2019, 02:32:46 AM
Nah, the mighty B are back to a duo now.

And they're playing in the park opposite my flat soon. Which leaves me with a dilemma, Should I just listen from indoors (something I have done for several acts) or actually go? I'm sort of tempted but the only way I can get in is either by climbing a 30 foot wall or even worse, having to buy a ticket. I have a bit of a thing for Keren you see. Sarah's never done it for me. But Keren!

phes

I copped that, but at best part of forty quid I'll be checking the wind direction and setting up a deck chair in the street.
Can't lie, I walk round there most days and currently feel Glinner levels of Injustice that I'm priced out of the fun in what feels like my own back yard.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 09:04:03 AM
I have a bit of a thing for Keren you see. Sarah's never done it for me. But Keren!

I think this is pretty standard behaviour.

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 28, 2019, 09:36:21 AM
I think this is pretty standard behaviour.

Mind you, I also like Siobhan and Jackie. That's the only time I've seen them live before when they toured after the latter replaced the former. Bet Sarah's absolutely gutted that she's the one member I've never fancied.

Jockice

Quote from: phes on May 28, 2019, 09:29:58 AM
I copped that, but at best part of forty quid I'll be checking the wind direction and setting up a deck chair in the street.
Can't lie, I walk round there most days and currently feel Glinner levels of Injustice that I'm priced out of the fun in what feels like my own back yard.

We're neighbours then? Everybody needs good neighbours. Are you also the one who works at my ex-employers?

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 09:40:35 AM
Mind you, I also like Siobhan and Jackie. That's the only time I've seen them live before when they toured after the latter replaced the former. Bet Sarah's absolutely gutted that she's the one member I've never fancied.

Can't even spell her name correctly. It's Sara apparently.

phes

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 09:42:57 AM
We're neighbours then? Everybody needs good neighbours. Are you also the one who works at my ex-employers?

I'm just off Collegiate Crescent so pretty much. I'm working/training at Weston Park Hospital, so I don't think that's me

Jockice

Quote from: phes on May 28, 2019, 10:03:50 AM
I'm just off Collegiate Crescent so pretty much. I'm working/training at Weston Park Hospital, so I don't think that's me

Blimey  that is pretty close. I'll undoubtedly have driven past your place recently. So if you stand waving at your window for the next couple of weeks I'll see who you are.

the science eel

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 09:44:27 AM
Can't even spell her name correctly. It's Sara apparently.

no it's SEREH

Shaky

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 09:04:03 AM
I have a bit of a thing for Keren you see. Sarah's never done it for me. But Keren!

In every picture I've ever seen of Keren and ex-hubbie Andrew Ridgley (and I've seen at least six), he always looks INCREDIBLY pleased with himself. As one would.

Natnar

Quote from: Jockice on May 27, 2019, 09:40:23 PM
I think most of the resentment started when Stay became such a big hit. Siobhan didn't like the fact that she was hardly on the song (although you could argue she sings the most memorable bit) and thought that Marcella was overshadowing her.