Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaving and Stacey is coming Back

Started by madhair60, May 28, 2019, 10:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48430333

QuoteTV comedy series Gavin and Stacey is set to return for a one-off Christmas special, James Corden has announced.

Tweeting a picture of a script, Corden said he and co-writer Ruth Jones had been "keeping this secret for a while".

The Bafta-winning sitcom, about a long-distance relationship between a girl from south Wales and an Essex boy, was last screened in the UK in 2010.

The BBC confirmed the announcement, saying it was "hugely excited" to welcome the show back to BBC One.

In a joint statement, Corden and Jones - who also stars in the show - said: "Over the last ten years we've talked a lot about Gavin and Stacey - where they might be today and what their lives might look like.

"And so in secret we took the plunge and wrote this one hour special.

"We've loved revisiting Barry and Essex again, and bringing the characters back together has been a joy.

"We're so excited to get the chance to work with our fabulous cast and crew once more and to give fans of the show a festive treat this Christmas."

Media captionRuth Jones says there is a new generation enjoying re-runs of Gavin and Stacey
The series was originally broadcast on the BBC from 2007 to 2010. The show's 2010 New Year's Day finale had record ratings for the series with 10.25 million viewers.

Corden and Jones - who play the characters Smithy and Nessa - will be joined in the new special by castmates Mathew Horne and Joanna Page - who play the titular couple, plus Rob Brydon, Larry Lamb, Melanie Walters and Alison Steadman.

Charlotte Moore, director of BBC Content, said: "We can't wait to see what's happened to everyone over the last nine years, and what's next for one of the nation's favourite comedy families."

yay

madhair60

aw gaving maaate nessa's being a bitch again gavingggg what's occuring gavinnnggggg how's your son Moors Murderer

Twit 2

This'll only work if it's done in the spirit of Nil By Mouth and/or The War Zone. I want the Smith character to perform abortion by kicking AND/OR anal incest bunker rape. The point is, I'm not fussy.

Icehaven

Can't see them being able to get Mathew Horne back on board though, he's bound to be way too busy isn't he? Maybe he'll just do a cameo as a favour.

Dusty Substance

I remember watching the first episode of Gavin And Stacey and, about 20 minutes in, wondered if it could possibly get any worse. Then James Corden did a sex scene. Fucking dreadful.

madhair60

errr gaving GAVING bryns being a paedophile a bit maybe, again, whats occurin gaving, alright nessa, oh, oh, OH, OH

Cuellar

VelourSpirit

since when the fuck was his name mathew with one t

Utter Shit

Quote from: Jockice on May 28, 2019, 10:13:39 AM
Wouldn't get too excited. There'll be kids in it. And kids ruin everything.

Could just do the Not Going Out thing and write every plot to ensure the children don't appear. I'm not sure if the children appeared at all in the series that ended last night.

Captain Z

Quote from: icehaven on May 28, 2019, 11:18:53 AM
Can't see them being able to get Mathew Horne back on board though, he's bound to be way too busy isn't he?

Busy doing what? Flogging Horne & Corden DVDs at car boot sales?

£5 each, or signed copies £4.

Hat FM

hope they do a scene where they sing in a car.

jobotic

Hope there's shit loads of celeb cameos. I want Freddie Flintoff.

Captain Z

Hope there's a scene where all the lads are being absolute boys with The Libertines playing over it.

neveragain

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 28, 2019, 01:43:31 PM
Could just do the Not Going Out thing and write every plot to ensure the children don't appear. I'm not sure if the children appeared at all in the series that ended last night.

They were only in two episodes ('Facts of Life' and 'Schooling') but if you missed those you probably enjoyed the series more.

Icehaven

Quote from: Captain Z on May 28, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Busy doing what? Flogging Horne & Corden DVDs at car boot sales?

Oh well, another fail for internet sarcasm! Come on, surely the cameo suggestion made it obvious?

BlodwynPig

Elton John
Gavin and Stacey
Game of Thrones

how far have we fallen....?

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: icehaven on May 28, 2019, 05:04:06 PM
Oh well, another fail for internet sarcasm! Come on, surely the cameo suggestion made it obvious?

I got it!
But having said that, he was unavailable for Catherine Tate's recent gigs (having done her previous tour) because he had some other acting work that clashed.

Gulftastic

Why won't he fucking stay in America?

Cursus

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 28, 2019, 07:54:34 PM
Why won't he fucking stay in America?

The Proclaimers consider rewrite.

Remember the James Corden character used to say "Oi oi!" a lot?

I hope he says "Oi oi" in this. But perhaps nostalgically, in a sort of sweetly sad, faded way, a faded, nostalgic, sepia-stained "Oi oi" which resonates with the chambers and strings of the heart. A bit like the ending of Hi-De-Hi!, maybe?

St_Eddie

Quote from: icehaven on May 28, 2019, 11:18:53 AM
Can't see them being able to get Mathew Horne back on board though, he's bound to be way too busy isn't he? Maybe he'll just do a cameo as a favour.

Mathew Horne, yesterday.

madhair60

Twit 2

Smithy smashing a door down, shouting cunt, neighbours are looking on, concerned. He's threatening to kill them and breaking windows now. There are grave concerns about why the baby's bleeding.

Mobius

Bennett Brauer

UNCLE BRYN: Gavin, Stacey's coming, bach.

Mobius

Gavlaaaaaaaar!

Smithlaaaaar!

love it.

Enzo

at least we will get to enjoy the return of the nicest sitcom character of all time; Mick Shipman

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Will Rob Brydon have his hair transplant reversed to get back into character ?

Twit 2

They'll write it in so that the character's had one.

SOMEONE GIVE ME A GUN, I'LL FUCKING KILL HER