Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cold Pursuit (2019)

Started by timebug, May 29, 2019, 09:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timebug

Saw this last night; Liam Neeson is too old for schtick like this, it needed someone twenty years younger. I had been told it was a 'thriller' but it's not (IMO) it's more of a very dark comedy,ala 'Fargo' if you need a comparison.A good enough tale of anger and revenge, spoiled massively for me, by the inclusion of Laura Dern as Neesons wife. I have a problem with her, in that every single thing I have seen her in, she proves yet again, that she cannot fecking act for shite! Think of her gurning in 'Jurassic Park' at the non-existant dinosaurs; she carries out the same facial contortions whenever she is directed to show any kind of emotion at all. That aside, this is an entertaining two hours, if you like this kind of thing. I like the snowy and frozen landscapes, which further add to the 'Fargo' comparisons. I may re-watch it when it turns up on TV in about a year or so, but if I don't,well, I have seen it! Next?

BlodwynPig

Small Man Big Horse

I struggle a bit with Laura Dern in certain mainstream films (the most recent Star Wars for instance) but love her elsewhere, she's in an amazing series called Enlightened that I'd recommend you watch Timebug, it's one of my all time favourite shows and I think she's superb in it.

timebug

SMBH I take your comments on board, but alas will never act on that one! I just can't stand the woman, she has ruined too many things I have watched, that she has appeared in! Each to their own, I have no doubt she has legions of fans* who would happily cast scorn upon yours truly for the remarks I have made!
(*But sadly I am not, nor ever will be, one of them!)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: timebug on May 30, 2019, 06:34:56 PM
SMBH I take your comments on board, but alas will never act on that one! I just can't stand the woman, she has ruined too many things I have watched, that she has appeared in! Each to their own, I have no doubt she has legions of fans* who would happily cast scorn upon yours truly for the remarks I have made!
(*But sadly I am not, nor ever will be, one of them!)

That's more than fair enough, there are some actors I can't stand too (Jonah Hill, for instance) despite knowing many people who really like them.

Shaky

I'm a bit baffled by Neeson's career choices over the last decade or so but then it's all about catering to a devoted audience and making money. Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last. Just expected a bit more from the lad. To be fair, there's probably also an element of dealing with his grief via work - any work - so that's not for me to criticize even though I sort of just have.

Vitalstatistix

I love Laura Dern and Enlightened might just be my favourite TV show of all time ever it's wonderful and makes me cry with sadness and joy and wonderment