Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:32:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ha ha ha... Glastonbury

Started by kalowski, May 29, 2019, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 29, 2019, 03:53:50 PM
Goat Girl - Quite enjoyed this. Reminded me a little of Warpaint. Good stuff.

I saw them live a few times years back. Pleased to see they've reached this level.

QuoteStormzy apologises for unearthed homophobic tweets

Our new hero is already letting us down :(

sponk

That was years ago. And why would him apologising be a letdown? You think homophobia is good?

ETA I just googled stormzy to see if that was a current homophobia story and fuck me. The STATE of that union Jack stab-vest. Really deep, man! Holding up a mirror to "great" Britain, keep it trashbat!

imitationleather

Ahhh... Nothing like spending the hottest day of the year searching for transgressions by a grime artist I am not even familiar with the music of.

Custard

Georgia was very good. A one woman band, with synths n that. Daughter of one of Leftfield, it says here.

Quote from: sponk on June 29, 2019, 05:20:41 PM
That was years ago. And why would him apologising be a letdown? You think homophobia is good?

ok, before we go any further - once someone apoligises for a transgression, we're cool?

just so I know the standard that's being set

Ja'moke

Lizzo is on right now on the West Holts stage.

BlodwynPig

OMG, did you see Toby and Josh at Glasto? can't wait until I see them in the office on Monday!

Not my Lyrics Carole, the lyrics of a Britain First facist

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 29, 2019, 05:52:27 PM
OMG, did you see Toby and Josh at Glasto? can't wait until I see them in the office on Monday!

Fucking hell, wearing a work shirt to Glastonbury. Beige Men Rise!

imagine the smell of sizzling gammon

Morrison Lard

This Janet Jackson set is so underwhelmingly bland it's quite something..

buzby

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 29, 2019, 03:53:50 PM
Sheryl Crow - Seems like a nice woman, but fuck me the music is so dull. Dunno why I expected any different, really
Her voice went during Every Day Is A Winding road too - luckily it was her last song.
Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 29, 2019, 05:28:16 PM
Georgia was very good. A one woman band, with synths n that. Daughter of one of Leftfield, it says here.
She was great - A Simmons SDS kit (though she wasn't using the Brain unit, instead using them to trigger a Roland SPDSX sampling drum machine) and a Dave Smith Oberheim OB6
Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 29, 2019, 06:28:07 PM
This Janet Jackson set is so underwhelmingly bland it's quite something..
i'm particularly enjoying the fans along the front of the stage to blow her hair extensions up, the 'sparse' amounts of live singing and Simon Greenall on lead guitar.

Morrison Lard

Neneh Cherry sounds absolutely superb.
Forgot how trip-hoppily great she is.

Quote from: buzby on June 29, 2019, 06:32:17 PM
Simon Greenall on lead guitar.
Fucking hell, now I'm gonna have to relive that nightmare again just to see this.

Custard

Yeah, the Janet Jackson set was a bit embarrassing. She clearly wasn't singing for most of it. Fair fucks to her for still being able to dance that well and for so long, mind. That's one up on Madonna

Captain Z

Liam's voice lasted for approximately the first three lines of Rock n Roll Star.

Did..did Liam just dedicate a song to Ken Dodd?

And the song is called Greedy Soul, kick a man when hes dead mate

Beagle 2

Tone deaf. I wish it was Ken Dodd.

Beagle 2

Quote from: sponk on June 29, 2019, 05:20:41 PM
ETA I just googled stormzy to see if that was a current homophobia story and fuck me. The STATE of that union Jack stab-vest. Really deep, man! Holding up a mirror to "great" Britain, keep it trashbat!

We live in one of the most fucked up political eras of my life and he had some stuff to say, that's better than the Killers basically hooking up Absolute Noughties and wanking it off.

buzby

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 29, 2019, 07:14:58 PM
Neneh Cherry sounds absolutely superb.
Forgot how trip-hoppily great she is.
Yeah, this is quality. Bit odd seeing Booga Bear singing Youssou N'Dour's bit on Seven Seconds though. The guerrila advertising for that shite 'comedy' website on the flag is a bit annoying though. This is the first time I can remember seeing that happen at Glasyonbury.

Custard

Liam's voice is better than it's been in years. Around 2004 it was like Kermit the frog

Maybe he was replaced, like Macca that time

Captain Z

"This one's called 'Roll With It', apparently it's really shit but I dig it"

Last sunday I had to travel away for work and bored in the hotel room I flicked on the TV to find a program with Noel Gallagher and Dermot O'Leary discussing old clips of Oasis on TV. They were talking about the whole Blur vs Oasis thing and at the end Noel commented that it was a shame the battle was between two of the bands' worst singles: Roll With It and Country House. 'Nobody's played Roll With It since the album so that shows you how shit it was' he said.

I now have the image of Liam bitterly watching every single thing Noel is involved with on TV.

Sharon Van Etten joins Shakespeare's Sister.

Not heard her most recent one, but she just played something that is right up my street. Seems to be called Hands.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 29, 2019, 03:03:02 PM
Sharon Van Etten later this evening.
10/10.
Was already a solid 9 or 10.
And then she just played the most amazing version of Serpents.

Close the festival.

the science eel

Sharon Van Etten? talk about BLAND

I enjoyed Tim Burgess' singing last night. Absolutely pissed myself all the way. And the state of the bassist's gut. Fabulous fun

Custard

Tim Burgess has suddenly become an annoying kids TV presenter. The way he twats about the stage, the dungarees, the hair. And he checked his phone, during a song.

YOU ARE 0/10 TIM BURGESS