Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ha ha ha... Glastonbury

Started by kalowski, May 29, 2019, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2019, 10:57:53 AM
Grow a spine

So much for sugaring the pill. OK then. Stop being a miserable cunt, or at least stop showing people how much of a miserable cunt you are at every available opportunity.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on July 02, 2019, 04:04:55 PM
So much for sugaring the pill. OK then. Stop being a miserable cunt, or at least stop showing people how much of a miserable cunt you are at every available opportunity.

But I'm not a miserable cunt...the joke is firmly on you. AHAAAAAAA!!!

Which of your buttons did I press this time, by the way? Stormzy or ?

phantom_power

I haven't got any buttons, but your relentless need to show how much you don't like certain things at every opportunity grinds me down, and sometimes seems to stifle conversation

garbed_attic

Quote from: phantom_power on July 02, 2019, 05:47:40 PM
I haven't got any buttons, but your relentless need to show how much you don't like certain things at every opportunity grinds me down, and sometimes seems to stifle conversation

Blodders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4mEgZMxsWA

But I bet you hate the Offspring so it's ironic! Aaaaaahhhhhh

Phil_A

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2019, 08:43:51 AM
Where did I do that? I resent the implication.

Don't Biggytitbo me, sunshine. You know what you meant.

alan nagsworth

The Offspring are a bunch of conservative wankstains. When they say they hate a lot of people what they're actually referring to is women, the unemployed, drug addicts and criminals.

garbed_attic

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 02, 2019, 07:13:24 PM
The Offspring are a bunch of conservative wankstains. When they say they hate a lot of people what they're actually referring to is women, the unemployed, drug addicts and criminals.

No, Alan, they clearly state that they even hate you too!

(Also, let me state for the record that I do not think The Offspring are or ever were a good band, but that the above record was played in the car by my fellow sixth former on the way to sixth form many times circa. 2006)

Rolf Lundgren

The Cure technically sounded great but it was dull. "From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea" droned on for about 20 minutes. I would have forgiven them if they played "Dredd Song".

I also thought The Killers were alright. I can see why they headlined and liked them bringing out Pet Shop Boys. "Mr Brightside" should have been the massive song with all the fireworks though and they kind of shot their bolt with "All These Things That I've Done".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on July 02, 2019, 05:47:40 PM

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. I said i like some pop and hate others. But you focus on my negativity and see what happens to your mental health. Im not going to fucking come out singing yellow submarine to keep you sweet.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gout_pony on July 02, 2019, 05:57:29 PM
Blodders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4mEgZMxsWA

But I bet you hate the Offspring so it's ironic! Aaaaaahhhhhh

What? Go and read my techno posts.

For the record - big Monae fan since the beginning, all i said or implied was she may start to lose some edge if she steps too far into superstardom, cf. Sia

phantom_power

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2019, 11:17:38 PM
Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. I said i like some pop and hate others. But you focus on my negativity and see what happens to your mental health. Im not going to fucking come out singing yellow submarine to keep you sweet.

Oh you don't like the Beatles?

Custard

You do come across as a bit of a miserable, snidey cunt at times though, Blodders. Little lame digs here n there, little sarcastic comments when people say they like something you don't

I'm sure you're lovely though, and a very happy person xxx

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on July 03, 2019, 06:45:40 AM
Oh you don't like the Beatles?

Never have done. Obladioblada for 5 years locked in a cellar as a child slave. No thanks, mate.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 03, 2019, 07:40:40 AM
You do come across as a bit of a miserable, snidey cunt at times though, Blodders. Little lame digs here n there, little sarcastic comments when people say they like something you don't

I'm sure you're lovely though, and a very happy person xxx

Touche, custard. I think it reflects on your own insecurities if you think this. Im offended by this. Absolute point missing or misreading of my character. Just focus on my "snide" remarks eh. I fully believe the beatles are awful, for example. Ive felt that since long before the internet. It is a subjective conviction that should never affect others. Im not out to convince or change minds. A little light relief to the cloying mania.

BlodwynPig

Oh, and whilst some on here like to cast aspersions on my character, i dont think i do that to individuals here.

I hate Rotherham

Does not equate to i hate Blodwyn. By all means ignore or respond but dont fucking get jibey with me

Jockice

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 03, 2019, 07:49:12 AM
Oh, and whilst some on here like to cast aspersions on my character, i dont think i do that to individuals here.

I hate Rotherham

Does not equate to i hate Blodwyn. By all means ignore or respond but dont fucking get jibey with me

Doncaster's worse. Much worse.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on July 02, 2019, 09:55:35 PM
The Cure technically sounded great but it was dull. "From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea" droned on for about 20 minutes. I would have forgiven them if they played "Dredd Song".

I also thought The Killers were alright. I can see why they headlined and liked them bringing out Pet Shop Boys. "Mr Brightside" should have been the massive song with all the fireworks though and they kind of shot their bolt with "All These Things That I've Done".

I wonder how this works? They say, you're headlining Glastonbury, are there any English acts you guys would like to collaborate with? "How about the Pet Shop Boys, love them!" Quick phone call and the duo are happy to oblige. It's like Comic Relief, you just don't turn it down.

"Also The Smiths! One of our biggest inspirations!" "Yeah that's doable but there's a slight problem... We can get Johnny Marr though"

garbed_attic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2019, 11:18:35 PM
What? Go and read my techno posts.

For the record - big Monae fan since the beginning, all i said or implied was she may start to lose some edge if she steps too far into superstardom, cf. Sia

I wasn't being serious really - I think you have something of a point with Monae musically, but then the fact that the last album has probably brightened the lives of hundreds of thousands of queers kids (especially in the hellhole that is current America) means the good outweighs the bad really

holyzombiejesus

I really enjoyed lots of The Cure. I guess it helps that I really liked them when I was a teenager and hearing stuff like Push and A Night Like This alongside the hits gave me a lovely nostalgic feeling. They're a funny (odd) band, probably the biggest group whose existence it's easy to forget. I also find Robert Smith quite intriguing but I don't know why.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 03, 2019, 09:41:28 AM
I wonder how this works? They say, you're headlining Glastonbury, are there any English acts you guys would like to collaborate with? "How about the Pet Shop Boys, love them!" Quick phone call and the duo are happy to oblige. It's like Comic Relief, you just don't turn it down.

"Also The Smiths! One of our biggest inspirations!" "Yeah that's doable but there's a slight problem... We can get Johnny Marr though"

Flowers is mates with all of them is the simple answer to that. He's worked with PSB in the past but not Marr as far as I can remember, but PSB regularly collaborate with Marr and all of them are mates with Bernard Sumner, so there's not many degrees of separation there.

Custard

Sorry Blodders, I was a bit spiky this morning. I do think you're a little sarcastic and dismissive on here at times, but I could have worded it more nicely. Or not even said anything at all.

Peace ahhht

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 03, 2019, 03:14:11 PM
Sorry Blodders, I was a bit spiky this morning. I do think you're a little sarcastic and dismissive on here at times, but I could have worded it more nicely. Or not even said anything at all.

Peace ahhht

Occam's razor...you were right ;) The icy chills have blown away, the sun peeping through the clouds, the Pyramid stage in full swing...The Lighthouse Family waiting in the wings.

MiddleRabbit

Icehaven

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 03, 2019, 03:03:11 PM
Flowers is mates with all of them is the simple answer to that. He's worked with PSB in the past but not Marr as far as I can remember, but PSB regularly collaborate with Marr and all of them are mates with Bernard Sumner, so there's not many degrees of separation there.

I saw Always On My Mind on red button and found it a bit hard to see exactly where the Killers were supposed to fit into it, as it's a PSB song, not normally a duet (What Have I Done To Deserve This? would have made more sense) and already a cover. Have the Killers covered the cover? It just looked like they'd invited PSB onstage to do one of their own songs but obviously had to join in, what with it being their set, despite not really needing to.

Norton Canes

Is it a Glasto tradition for bands to blatantly dip into the work of other artists? Janelle Monáe's set included the entire closing guitar bit from Prince's Let's Go Crazy (which she then dedicated to him)

Quote from: icehaven on July 03, 2019, 04:17:48 PM
I saw Always On My Mind on red button and found it a bit hard to see exactly where the Killers were supposed to fit into it, as it's a PSB song, not normally a duet (What Have I Done To Deserve This? would have made more sense) and already a cover. Have the Killers covered the cover? It just looked like they'd invited PSB onstage to do one of their own songs but obviously had to join in, what with it being their set, despite not really needing to.

It seems like that's what they've done. It sounded exactly like the Stuart Price arrangement PSB have been playing live since 2009 but with live drums.

Icehaven

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 03, 2019, 05:04:09 PM
It seems like that's what they've done. It sounded exactly like the Stuart Price arrangement PSB have been playing live since 2009 but with live drums.

Yeah that's what made it seem double pointless, other than Flowers singing a bit it sounded exactly like how PSB do it by themselves (I didn't even notice the live drums tbh but that's just my poor observation.)

sevendaughters

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 03, 2019, 04:51:58 PM
Is it a Glasto tradition for bands to blatantly dip into the work of other artists? Janelle Monáe's set included the entire closing guitar bit from Prince's Let's Go Crazy (which she then dedicated to him)

Yes there's always some smoke and mirrors, partly because of the summer funtimes atmos., partly because of a lot of casuals watching you in person and at home, partly because Glasto lets you play for ages and not everyone has a ton of hits like The Cure. the two other main headliners must have done a solid chunk of their set playing in their own nostalgia.

Spudgun

Quote from: icehaven on July 03, 2019, 04:17:48 PM

I took it as them playing on the Vegas/Elvis connection. Or maybe they've been keeping up with the BBC Four TOTP repeats.

Golden E. Pump

I think the loss of Prince had a profound effect and that we're only just finding out now how far that it would permeate. Three years later and Monáe can throw in a tribute and no one thinks it's inappropriate, borrowing too heavily or that it's even ineffective. Collectively the world just silently corroborates the words 'we miss you, Prince'.

Huge loss. We haven't even started to feel the ripples.