Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ha ha ha... Glastonbury

Started by kalowski, May 29, 2019, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: icehaven on July 03, 2019, 04:17:48 PM
I saw Always On My Mind on red button and found it a bit hard to see exactly where the Killers were supposed to fit into it, as it's a PSB song, not normally a duet (What Have I Done To Deserve This? would have made more sense) and already a cover. Have the Killers covered the cover? It just looked like they'd invited PSB onstage to do one of their own songs but obviously had to join in, what with it being their set, despite not really needing to.

That's a good call.  I'm a big fan of What Have I Done... 

buzby

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 03, 2019, 03:03:11 PM
Flowers is mates with all of them is the simple answer to that. He's worked with PSB in the past but not Marr as far as I can remember, but PSB regularly collaborate with Marr and all of them are mates with Bernard Sumner, so there's not many degrees of separation there.
Flowers is a big fan of the PSBs, and they first collaborated in 2009 when the PSBs asked him and Lady Gaga to perform with them at the BRIT awards. In 2015 Flowers was recording his second solo album and texted Tennant asking him to record a line for one of the songs, so he left  a voicemail for him to use, and on the LA date of the subsequent tour in 2016 the brought Tennant onstage to perform Rent with him:

DrGreggles

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on July 03, 2019, 09:44:06 PM
That's a good call.  I'm a big fan of What Have I Done...

Their best song IMHO.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Bazooka on July 04, 2019, 03:35:26 PM
Anyone see Babymetal?

Yeah.  Some girl next to me was fuming at me the whole time for holding her sack of wine, then her cup, then spilling a tiny bit on her hand as I gave it back to her.  They were good fun, though.  The metal growls were pre-recorded, though, unless one of the guys was doing them under a mask.  It's basically straight-up J-Pop, and I'm perfectly cool with that.

Aurora might have been a highlight.  Or the rest it afforded me up in the viewing platform* after spending an hour trudging to the John Peel stage.

*they're way too trusting of us helpers and our helpees.  The plug for the lighting was right next to me