Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ha ha ha... Glastonbury

Started by kalowski, May 29, 2019, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

I've really loved this, if I were Duke De Mondo I'd write something articulate and infectious and by the end of it you'd like it even though you didn't, but I'm just a bit pissed.

Konki

I reckon he's neglecting leg day.

Konki

Would love to see his leg numbers.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He just pulled his pants up a bit there.

DrGreggles

There are now Glastonbury headliners that I have never heard of.
Not just never heard - never heard of.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Konki on June 28, 2019, 11:31:01 PM
Brick shit house though. Fair play. Iron dedicated.

Exacto, honestly if I looked like Stormzy I'd just walk right on stage bollock naked.

Captain Z

Anyone know what track Jon Hopkins was playing when they briefly cut to him? Clip here:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZT1e3e5oCa

Edit: Wild Beasts - Two Dancers (JH Remix), except that live version is way better than the released mix.

hummingofevil

Looking forward to Lizzo tomorrow. Are they live streaming every stage so I can watch?

BlodwynPig

The Bbc Stormzy write-up is unintentionally hilarious.

buzby

Usual shit of the audio dropping out on the iPlayer streams every 30 seconds on my TiVo box. Mind you, it was when Pale Waves were on, so I didn't mind as it was a load of derivative 80s post-punk (she even plays a Vox Phantom like Ian Curtis) and 'ooh, I'm on the telly - lets say 'fuck' every third word' tedium.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 29, 2019, 01:12:03 AM
Looking forward to Lizzo tomorrow. Are they live streaming every stage so I can watch?

They did on Friday, which is great, and wonderfully no presenters, or Jocaster's adventures on her first day at Glastonbury fluff pieces. etc etc.

alan nagsworth

My mate's been sending me videos of him and our pals all lying about in the sun listening to Mac Demarco yesterday while I was stuck at home in bed with mild food poisoning. Cunts.

Jockice

Quote from: Konki on June 28, 2019, 11:29:34 PM
Big up all your mates? Mate.

Otherwise: good.

Apart from that Chris Martin and Ed Sheeran shit.

Actually: mate!

I don't usually copy my Facebook posts and put them on here, but what the hell....

I see Stormzy's getting stick from some quarters for having Chris Martin on stage at Glastonbury last night.

But look, he's now a major star and no longer representative of the tough urban ghetto he was brought up in. And the same could be said for Stormzy.

It's not as if it could have been stopped anyway. Martin has a free pass from Michael Eavis to do whatever he wants at Glasto. Only an hour earlier he was ruining a mime act by pulling silly expressions and chanting: 'In your face, in your face' at them.

Besides if we're talking the rap/bland pop crossover, Stormzy also covered Ed Sheeran. Although admittedly not in the right substance.

He's only 25 believe it or not. You may not know that. If you had the sound down for the entirety of his set.

Custard

This year, like every year, I'll be watching Glastonbury at home. In my pants.

Michael Kiwanuka - Excellent. I still say Cold Little Heart is the best song written in the last ten years. The backing singers had some pipes on them too. Great stuff

Why did Tim Burgess come as Kiki Dee? Shouldn't laugh, but the more recent Charlatans stuff getting zero reaction was quite funny. PLAY ONE TO ANOTHER AGAIN BRUV

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tim Burgess still has shit hair? I saw him on TV at least ten years ago with some godawful peroxide blonde affair, but I thought it was just a phase he was going through. Cunt still can't sing either, it seems.

sweeper

Tom Odell.

Sounds like: Radiohead if they were fronted by Elton John.

Looks like: The twat from Babybird in Nick Cave's discarded suits.

He's like a homunculus alchemically extracted from the collective consciousness of aging A&R men. Fascinating.

Ezra Collective on in a bit, which will be good. In fact, the West Holts line up is solid gold all day.

hedgehog90

Really enjoyed Mac De Marco, Tame Impala and Jon Hopkins' sets so far, The Comet is Coming were interesting.
Most years I consider getting tickets but didn't even bother this time, I saw the line up and thought 'this'll be dogshit'... but here I am, watching it at home with the volume cranked up and grooving along like a twat.
Birthday tomorrow, really regret not getting a few tickets. I can think of no better way of spending it than standing in a field all day listening to live music with a couple of mates and a bunch of posh hippies.

kalowski

Cycling through Didsbury on Thursday morning I saw load of posh hippies starting their journey. Big bags, wellies on a sunny day, thousand festival bands around their wrists, floppy cunt hats, shorts.

imitationleather

Quote from: kalowski on June 29, 2019, 02:35:55 PM
Cycling through Didsbury on Thursday morning I saw load of posh hippies starting their journey. Big bags, wellies on a sunny day, thousand festival bands around their wrists, floppy cunt hats, shorts.

Bring back national service!

kalowski

Morrison Lard

Just watched Mattiel, fucking belter.
Like when PJ Harvey was good, mixed with Shocking Blue.
9/10.

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 29, 2019, 12:16:07 PM
Michael Kiwanuka - Excellent.
Oh god yeah, his set was superb.
9/10.

Sharon Van Etten later this evening.
10/10.

sweeper

Quote from: Captain Z on June 29, 2019, 03:03:56 PM
Who? Never heard of him.

Don't worry. Liam's on later, with one of his spiffy Millet's cagoules.

You'll be alright.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Captain Z on June 29, 2019, 03:03:56 PM
Who? Never heard of him.
Boston Crab prefers his brother Animal

Is there anything funnier than middle class gammons fetishizing gangster rap?

It's always tickled me that one

imitationleather

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 29, 2019, 03:11:24 PM

It's always tickled me that one

You enjoyed Stormzy, then?

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 29, 2019, 03:11:24 PM
Comedy Chat has some good recommendations once in a while.

Quote from: imitationleather on June 29, 2019, 03:12:19 PM
You enjoyed Stormzy, then?

Haven't seen his set TBH, watched a bit of Interpol who were fucking shit :( , but is it fair to say the crowd was mainly middle class white people from Surrey pulling gang signs at him?

Was Jon Snow there being white and rich do we know?

Do we know if there was some sort of border keeping poor people out?

Custard

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 29, 2019, 03:03:02 PM
Just watched Mattiel, fucking belter.
Like when PJ Harvey was good, mixed with Shocking Blue.
9/10.

Blimey. That's next on my list!

Goat Girl - Quite enjoyed this. Reminded me a little of Warpaint. Good stuff.

Cat Power - Very good. Really atmospheric performance. I need to check out her stuff properly!

Jorja Smith - Slinky soul pop. Great voice, too. Reminded me a bit of Amy Winehouse (her voice that is). Nice.

Maribou State - Pure sunshine music. Loved it.

Sheryl Crow - Seems like a nice woman, but fuck me the music is so dull. Dunno why I expected any different, really