Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Death Stranding, new Hideo Kojima joint

Started by Mister Six, May 29, 2019, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

You've summed up a lot of what I liked about the game - the simple process of just taking stuff from one place to another. At first, it's the challenge of finding a way over mountains (the stuff with the monsters I would have been happy to do without, in truth) and there were some great moments when the music comes in towards the end of a long hike that were very well put together. Later, it was fun using the ziplines and roads.

I'm not sure why they paid whatever I'm sure was a decent amount to hire yer man who played Sam, as I didn't see much they could have gotten from some nobody who'd have done the job for expenses. The flashbacks with Cliff were well made, but the war flashback missions, again, I thought were totally unnecessary and out of place. Can't remember if it was here or somewhere else where I said I left the game with the feeling it was like an indie title with an interesting idea given a huge Hollywood budget without really knowing how to use it. I enjoyed the experience as a whole, but unlike the MGS games, I don't feel like I'll ever return to it.

Cuellar

It really was the mundanity that I enjoyed, tottering around with a tower of gear on my back and coming across a slightly rocky outcrop. The tension in moving about 10 metres forward. Loading up a truck full of cargo and plotting plotting a route that hits several deliveries in one trip.

Yeah I could have done without all the product placement and the celeb references.