Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons quote thread? Simpsons quote thread.

Started by The Lurker, May 30, 2019, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Quote from: The Lurker on September 18, 2019, 12:17:47 PM
Moe: I need a name that says friendly all american cooking.
Homer: How about Sherman Moe's Magic Wok?

Come on, clearly "Chairman Moe's Magic Wok".

checkoutgirl

Homer - "Faster, Faster, oh you do that like a pro"
Marge - "Oh No, she's making him a sandwich"
Homer - "Use both hands"

Captain Z

Why can't I find Amanda Huggenkiss?

Maybe your standards are too high!

checkoutgirl

Bart - "Time for a walk. Again? I gotta find out where he's keeping these"

Homer - "I'd take him but those cards are non transferable"

checkoutgirl

George - All right, Mister, you want trouble?  You're going to get trouble.
Homer - Oh, I want trouble, all right.
George - Then you're going to get trouble.
Homer - No, you're going to get trouble.
George - Oh, that's good, that's good, 'cause I want trouble.
Homer - Then we're agreed there'll be trouble.
George - Oh, yeah, lots of trouble.
Homer - Trouble it is.
George - For you. 
Homer - For...d'oh!

checkoutgirl

Aw, being a clown sucks. You get kicked by kids, bit by dogs and admired by the elderly.

bgmnts

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 11, 2019, 07:19:51 PM
Someone on twitter is doing a knockout tournament to find the greatest ever episode.

It's is completely useless as he does not include 'Homer Goes To College'.

It will always be Homer at the Bat, You Only Move Twice or The Cartridge Family. No other answer is acceptable.

checkoutgirl

Last Exit has to be in with a shout. Or Homer Badman. Or Homer The Vigilante.

DrGreggles

Gulftastic

Deep Space Homer is my second favourite. This is perhaps the greatest bit of any Simpsons episode ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jWAwUb63c

purlieu

22 Short Films About Springfield for me. I've always been a fan of plot-light episodes of shows, and this manages to do that while having a shit-ton of characters and things going on.
And, even after its memeification, Steamed Hams is still my favourite scene in the show.

Kryton

When Homer rings the factory in Japan and the Japanese bloke who speaks English answers.

'Hello chief, let's talk, why not?'

--

Also when Homer polishes his head in the bowling ball shiner machine.

Boss: Homer did you polish you head in the ball-o shine-o?
Homer: No...
Boss: (fixes his hair in the reflection on Homer's forehead) Ok then.

"Hello, this is Moleman in the morning. Good Moleman to you. Today part four of our series of the agonizing pain in which I live every daaay."

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Quote on September 26, 2019, 12:44:41 PM
"Hello, this is Moleman in the morning. Good Moleman to you. Today part four of our series of the agonizing pain in which I live every daaay."

♪♪ Ooh ooh wup doo daa, doo bee doo doo woo ♪♪

That was Bobby McFerrin's new one, "I'm Worried (Need Money)".

The Lurker

Quote from: samadriel on September 19, 2019, 12:49:01 PM
Come on, clearly "Chairman Moe's Magic Wok".

Indeed it is. I have let down the very thread I started.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Kryton on September 26, 2019, 12:06:17 PM
When Homer rings the factory in Japan and the Japanese bloke who speaks English answers.

You have many question, Mr. Sparkle.  I send you premium answer question, hundred percent!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: purlieu on September 26, 2019, 11:27:10 AM
Steamed Hams is still my favourite scene in the show.

It's one of the greatest pieces of comedy in any medium ever.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Kryton on September 26, 2019, 12:06:17 PM

Oh and...

I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? Out of my way, all of you. This is no place for loafers! Join me or die! Can you do any less?

checkoutgirl

Three wars back we called Sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunchbox." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Anyway, long story short.............. is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jerzy Bondov

And with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of Shelbyville. They had banished the awful lemon tree forever. Because it was haunted.

Phil_A

Not many people know this, but I own the first radio in Springfield. Not much on the air then, just Edison reciting the alphabet over and over. "Ehhhhhhhh..." he'd say; then "Beeeeeeeeee...." C would usually follow.

checkoutgirl

Burns:   Never forget, Homer, there's no muscle stronger than the human heart.
Homer:   What about the wiener? A guy on TV lifted a can of paint with his.

Kryton

Probably my all time favourite visual scene is when the people of Springfield rebuild Ned's house.

The toilet in the kitchen, the 25 nails holding up the whole house, the load bearing poster in the kids room, the weird wonky doors just before the 'room with electricity', the painted dirt floor and then the corridor narrowing to a tiny face-sized door.

And then Ned's breakdown culminating in him calling Lenny a Jerk.

bgmnts

Thats up there but there are two visual gags that spring to mind, this:

https://youtu.be/Zvhw9BSURGg

Because it sums up Homer perfectly and has me howling every time.

And this:

https://youtu.be/vdz4bc2LGMM

Because it is so densely packed with jokes in like 15 seconds its incredible. First a midnight street sweeper runs over bart's bike, then it somehow comes out the other end sparkling, then it falls apart, THEN the street sweeper driver laughs maniacally, showing himself to be sadistic, THEN he inexplicably drives down in a subway, and finally it explodes somehow.

Its fucking brilliant.

purlieu

Quote from: bgmnts on September 27, 2019, 03:57:27 AM
And this:

Because it is so densely packed with jokes in like 15 seconds its incredible. First a midnight street sweeper runs over bart's bike, then it somehow comes out the other end sparkling, then it falls apart, THEN the street sweeper driver laughs maniacally, showing himself to be sadistic, THEN he inexplicably drives down in a subway, and finally it explodes somehow.

Its fucking brilliant.
It's used as an example of the brilliance of the early series in one of those YouTube videos about the decline of the show, and rightfully so: it sums up just how much effort went into making the show as funny as possible back then. I must be about overdue a rewatch of 1-9 again.

"Attention students, this is Principal Skinner, your principal, with a message from the principal's office. All students report immediately for an assembly in the Butthead Memorial Auditorium ... Damn it, I wish we hadn't let the students name that one."

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on September 27, 2019, 03:57:27 AM

Its fucking brilliant.

Absolutely shaking at this. Fucking incredible.

jobotic

This episode was on the other day, one of the few I hadn't seen a mlion times. I right laughed when the Fathering Institute director shouts "Dear God, not again!". It's the implication of a backstory.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iz4TJNuF9EQ