Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons quote thread? Simpsons quote thread.

Started by The Lurker, May 30, 2019, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Marrrrrge

Yes Homer? Do do do do do do do do do do.

The Lurker

Homer: Well, there were script problems from day one.

Lisa: Didn't seem like anyone even read the script.

Homer: That was the problem.

imitationleather

Homer representing himself in court: "Drunken hicks of the jury..."

Kryton

Grampa: I'm itchy! I've got ants in my pants! I'm discombobulated! Give me a calmative!

Dr. Nick: Slow down, sir! You're going to give yourself skin failure!

phes

Wiggum: Wait a minute, that isn't a bomb! Those are hot dogs, armor hot dogs!
Superintendent Chalmers: What kind of man wears armor hot-dogs???

buttgammon

Quote from: phes on November 03, 2019, 09:54:29 AM
Wiggum: Wait a minute, that isn't a bomb! Those are hot dogs, armor hot dogs!
Superintendent Chalmers: What kind of man wears armor hot-dogs???

The great thing is, I only get this joke because of a reference in another episode of The Simpsons (the one where they start signing the advertising jingle).

Sebastian Cobb

If you're so sure what it ain't, how about telling us what it am?

imitationleather

Twed

Quote from: buttgammon on November 03, 2019, 10:54:21 AM
The great thing is, I only get this joke because of a reference in another episode of The Simpsons (the one where they start signing the advertising jingle).
Really surprising thing: it's actually "armour" (UK spelling).

How's that for genuinely trivial trivia?

phes

Season 2, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Quote"You didn't ask for rack-and-pinion steering, did you?"

"Uh yeah, I think I did."

"How could you ask for it? You don't even know what it is. You just called it 'rack and peanut' steering."

Not really familiar with much of Devito's career prior to IASIP, so I don't know if this is just his character he always does, but Frank Reynolds feels like it was lifted straight from Herbert Powell. 

checkoutgirl

"I caught my wife in bed with my best friend."
"You bitter?"
"Yep, bit him too."

Jim Bob

"Run, boy! Run! Run for your life....... boy!"

Captain Z

Can somebody identify the episode/situation of a Simpsons visual gag that I'm struggling to find any reference to?

A character investigates the label of a food product which reads "Now with ingredients!"

And no, I'm not thinking of Uder's sweets ("Mit iodine") or Bart's Malk ("Now with Vitamin R").

phes

Martin: As your president, I would demand a science-fiction library, featuring an ABC of the genre. Asimov, Bester, Clarke.
Student: What about Ray Bradbury?
Martin: I'm aware of his work...

Blumf

Quote from: phes on November 08, 2019, 12:32:04 AM
Martin: As your president, I would demand a science-fiction library, featuring an ABC of the genre. Asimov, Bester, Clarke.
Student: What about Ray Bradbury?
Martin: I'm aware of his work...

I love the implied disdain for Bradbury that Martin holds in that line. Makes you wonder what Ray wrote that caused it.

phes

Indeed. Martin's often a cutting and almost triumphant character is season 2. From memory I'm not sure that continues

Phil_A

"Daaaad, what are you doing?"
"Just washing my fat guy hat, honey!"

buttgammon

"Alright, Colossus. You're free to go, but stay away from Death Mountain."

"But all my stuff is there!"

alan nagsworth

Quote from: phes on November 08, 2019, 12:49:16 AM
Indeed. Martin's often a cutting and almost triumphant character is season 2. From memory I'm not sure that continues

He still has his moments after that. In season 4 episode "Kamp Krusty" when the parents are sending their children off to their camps, there's this:

Martin's dad: See you when you get back from image enhancement camp.
Martin: Spare me your euphemisms! It's fat camp for daddy's chubby little secret!

And he has a real fire in his belly in season 3's "Saturdays of Thunder", the soapbox racer episode.

He is truly brilliant in season 2 though, slapping Bart about the face trying to get him to study in "Bart Gets an F" (one of the greatest episodes of anything ever). He's my partner's favourite Simpsons character and I really get why she chose him for that.

This isn't a very well written post I have a hangover I'm sorry

purlieu

Martin's fantastic. I don't have nags's Simpsons knowledge to provide examples, but I'm sure there are plenty of later examples of him being the nastily smug brat he was early on. In most shows he would be a one-dimensional stereotype, but as with most classic Simpsons characters, there's loads going on there.

Sebastian Cobb

Captain Z

Young man, the school dress code specifically forbids the wearing of earrings unless you're of Gypsy extraction.

Well, I'm a Gypsy.

Oh, really? Prove it.

Well- "I 'vant' to suck your blood!"

Nuh-uh. That's a vampire. But, uh, they're also covered. Carry on.

jobotic

Is the phrase "I could do that, I just don't want to" from The Simpsons?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: jobotic on November 11, 2019, 04:44:43 PM
Is the phrase "I could do that, I just don't want to" from The Simpsons?

Sure is.

checkoutgirl

Later in the Simpsons Bart does that and says "I got out of class by saying I was in a car wreck".