Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Simpsons quote thread? Simpsons quote thread.

Started by The Lurker, May 30, 2019, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 01, 2019, 04:32:24 PM
There was a big discussion on reddit as to whether that 'yes, once!' was just then or another time. I always interpreted it as the former.
And I the latter.

bigfatheart

Anyone know if Pete Best ever said goodbye to a shoe?

There also seems to be a lot of debate online as to whether Moe, after scoffing at Homer saying 'garage', says that he calls it a 'carhole' or a 'carhold'. It is very blatantly the former so that's the end of the fucking matter.

MiddleRabbit

Mr Burns reminiscing about one of his hounds, "I remember when you bagged your first hippy.  He didn't find that too (beat) groovy."

Ferris

"It was I, you fools! The man you trusted wasn't Wavy Gravy at all, and all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco!"

Also

"My germs! My precious germs! They didn't harm anyone - they didn't have the chance!"

Edit: I though Wavy Gravy was an invented identity that Burns had come up with to blend in, but actually Wavy Gravy is a famous hippy who looks nothing like Burns at all. Not sure if that makes it funnier or not

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on June 01, 2019, 05:00:08 PM
Mr Burns reminiscing about one of his hounds, "I remember when you bagged your first hippy.  He didn't find that too (beat) groovy."
Oh, if only we'd listened to that young man, instead of walling him up in the abandoned coke oven.

kalowski

Sebastian Cobb

Probably one for the obvious thread, but I'd probably been a simpsons fan for about 15+ years before I realised it was Fraser playing Sideshow Bob and Niles playing his brother. When I told a mate that he said I was a 'fucking embarrassment'.

"We've heard enough about Blizblaz and Himham. Get to the bloody point!"

The way Bart says "what the HELL is going on?" at the end of 'The Day the Violence Died' always cracks me up.

"Those are speed holes. They make the car go fast."

"Put it in H!"

"Largo: Oh!  That was a close one, Lisa, but you made it.
Lisa: [happy] I won first chair?
Largo: No, you regained consciousness.  Alison got first chair -- and
       believe me, this is not a dream!
Lisa: [screams]"

kalowski

Quote from: Drop Dead Fred on June 01, 2019, 06:07:18 PM
"Put it in H!"
I love Crazy Vaclav.
"It will cover three hundred hectares on a single tank of kerosene"

Catalogue Trousers

'But Chief, you haven't even touched your Banana Ka-Boom!'

'Stan Lee never left. Between you and me, I suspect that his mind is no longer in mint condition.'

Sebastian Cobb

Now lets talk about Rust Proof. These things will rust up on you like...just close the deal Gil.

madhair60

dear marge maybe it's the beer talkin but you got a butt that won't quit. they got these big chewy pretzels here thajfgfvjrigj rgrkgjird gerjighraeigherijgi five dollars? get outta here

buttgammon

samadriel

"Ow! This damn sandwich took a bite out of me!"

samadriel

"Here you go, your rubber training knife -- you've attained the rank of Pussywillow!"

Thursday

"The same Benedict Arnold that plotted to surrender west point to the hated British?!"

Scammin

Peter Graves couldn't find ugly at a Radcliffe mixer.

mojo filters

22 Short Films About Springfield - tall man/small car scene:

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile? Everyone needs to drive a vehicle, even the very tall. This was the largest automobile I could afford. Should I therefore be made the subject of fun?

Obviously there's an even more memorable and quotable line from that great episode...

Gulftastic

'I'm seeing double here....four Krusties!'

magval

Quote from: mojo filters on June 02, 2019, 12:12:53 AM
22 Short Films About Springfield - tall man/small car scene:

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile? Everyone needs to drive a vehicle, even the very tall. This was the largest automobile I could afford. Should I therefore be made the subject of fun?

Obviously there's an even more memorable and quotable line from that great episode...

Never mind that episode, that scene has a funnier line - "blow them KISSES".

Edit: Oh, and another - Nelson replying "I guess so" when the fella asks if he should be made the subject of fun.

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 01, 2019, 01:48:13 PM
My favourite line is an odd one because it's not particularly funny but it's the line which most frequently enters my head; Principal Skinner saying "done and done and I mean done".

Ha! I have the exact same thing with that quote. It's not even a joke really, just a perfect line reading. Say what you like about the writing on your latter day Simpsons, it is amazing how lazy the voiceover work gets too. A line like that nowadays wouldn't get put in the script a) because the writers are way too hacky to not hang a clunking punchline on to the end of every bar, but also b) because you wouldn't have confidence in the cast to turn this flimsy ittle character line into something worthwhile.

EDIT: Line is here

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 02, 2019, 09:42:52 AM
Ha! I have the exact same thing with that quote.

Heh.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 02, 2019, 09:42:52 AMIt's not even a joke really, just a perfect line reading. Say what you like about the writing on your latter day Simpsons, it is amazing how lazy the voiceover work gets too. A line like that nowadays wouldn't get put in the script a) because the writers are way too hacky to not hang a clunking punchline on to the end of every bar, but also b) because you wouldn't have confidence in the cast to turn this flimsy ittle character line into something worthwhile.

Oh, good take.  I've often wondered why exactly I like that line so much and I think that you've hit the nail on the head.

Captain Z

Why does the whole internet think it's 'Uodwis r dewoh'? Surely he says Uodwis r jewoh? There's an upside-down J that he sees as an r literally right there before it.

The Lurker

"Just remember, if I find out you cut class, your ass is mine. Yes, you heard me. I think words I would never say"

"I know you can read *my* thoughts boy... Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow"

Jerzy Bondov

Works on commission? No! Money down!

'What was I laughing at now? ... Oh yes, that crippled Irishman!'

Ferris

Gulftastic

'She did things your Mother would never do....like have sex for money.'

magval

Quote from: The Lurker on June 02, 2019, 05:05:37 PM
"Just remember, if I find out you cut class, your ass is mine. Yes, you heard me. I think words I would never say"

"I know you can read *my* thoughts boy... Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow"

I love the implication from the way Homer thinks the word 'my' that he's heard what Skinner has said and added to it.

Sebastian Cobb

"Give her these, and these, and these"

"Thank you doctor"

"Oh I'm not a doctor"