Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,342
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Oh shit, new page!"

Started by Neil, March 14, 2005, 05:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought it was just because people had an "I'm not worthy" complex about being at the top of a new page?

TJ

EDIT: Oh shit, old page.

VegaLA

I hate it when my reply winds up being the last post of the page... usually loses audience. not that I ever have anything to say though. Oh look, I still have a choc chip cookie left from this morning.

Jaffa The Cake

From what I've seen of the SA forums it's full of lolz and their own little clichés. It's like fark but you pay for it.

Whoopie.

Frinky

No, it's...

ah, fuck it. I should never have mentioned it in the first place.

Labian Quest

I wish they'd do that thing where they have an envelope with a hole in it to signify that you've posted in a thread; I'm always losing track of which threads I've posted in. I couldn't give a toss about the new page business, and much as I loooove this forum, I think people would want to see a much faster and more stable server if they started charging for membership.

Morrisfan82

I think you have to ask yourself the question - would you have signed-up to this place in the first place if you'd had to go through the hassle of having to pay? Some would, but I'm guessing the majority wouldn't. And if they hadn't, CaB wouldn't enjoy the rich verbose wildlife it's habitat to today.

Frinky

Green wildlife?

Do you see what I... no?

chav

Free for a bit to drag the punters in, then you start charging. Simply good business.

burpmitosis

I don't think anyone would pay because there's a difference between buying a few mags in a shop, in that you can pretend you haven't really spent any money, but when you have to tit about with filling out forms with your credit card details the old "I shouldn't be doing this, I'm poor" guilts kick in.
That's why Amazon is so dangerous, with it's one click thing.  You can easily pretend you haven't just bought a load of stuff, then be pleasantly surprised when the parcel arrives, while all the time maintaining your sense of denial.

I do think that if there was a paypal donation button though, people could stick a tenner in when they got paid and didn't have the guilts, etc., and that would probably work very well indeed.

Lastly, I'm just glad that unlike on b3ta and other forums, nobody apologises for the length of their posts.  The new page thing is silly, as I think most people read to the bottom of the last one and start from the top of the next one.

Timmay

slim

I think Timmay should get an insulting picture by his name, a banning, or a public lynching at the next meet for that.

Timmay

I vote for pubic lunching. Sounds kinky.