Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Swamp Thing

Started by Alberon, June 03, 2019, 08:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

The first season of Doom Patrol has just gone and the next from the DC streaming service is here. Swamp Thing appears to have had a troubled production with 'creative differences' leading to the thirteen episode season cut short at just ten. How that will effect the future of the show is unknown.

The first episode was released last friday and seems to be getting positive reviews. I've not seen it myself, but it is apparently not set in the same universe as Titans and Doom Patrol.

St_Eddie

I saw the trailer for this a while back and it looked very horror focused, which appealed to me greatly but on the other hand, it's a superhero property and I fucking hate superhero shite.  I'm in something of a quandary as to whether I should watch this or not.

peanutbutter

Great Chameleons song, although for whatever reason the 56kbps version I got off Limewire in 2004 STILL sounds better than any other version I've heard. Maybe because it sounds so swampy?

Spiteface

Have they used this theme song again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5zXh6MVvg

SWAMP THING! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Mister Six

Quote from: Alberon on June 03, 2019, 08:38:57 PM
The first episode was released last friday and seems to be getting positive reviews. I've not seen it myself, but it is apparently not set in the same universe as Titans and Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol wasn't set in the same universe as Titans - showrunner Jeremy Carver has distanced himself from the backdoor pilot episode.

I'll probably give it a go, but I'm not in any rush. I adored Doom Patrol, but given the gulf in quality between that and Titans, it's clear that DC Universe is giving creators free rein and so the end quality is unpredictable. The trailer looked awful, but that was more to do with the film-student editing than anything else.

Glad the reviews are positive, though. I got the impression that the "creative differences" were more about it running massively overbudget rather than a low quality or dubious creative decisions. Judging by the poster, it's going to do big Alan Moore reveal at some point in the first season, but I hope they don't rush it; that really worked as a game-changing upset to the status quo rather than a good idea in and of itself.

Bazooka

Watched the pilot, the dialogue and story is like wading through a swamp.

St_Eddie

SWAMP THING!

That is all.

Mister Six

Series two won't be made due to a massive fuck-up that lost the show its promised tax rebate: https://twitter.com/gholson/status/1136654411399389186?s=19

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on June 06, 2019, 05:52:26 PM
Series two won't be made due to a massive fuck-up that lost the show its promised tax rebate: https://twitter.com/gholson/status/1136654411399389186?s=19

I just saw that, not sure if I'll bother watching it now, at the very least I'll probably wait until it's all aired to make sure it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

St_Eddie

Maybe SWAMP THING can fight the TAX REBATE.

Alberon

Just spin it off into a proper Hellblazer show and wrap up any cliffhanger there.

I already thought the ending of this season was going to be poor due to the three episodes lopped off presumably when this massive tax cock up appeared. Must be gutting for all involved though, to lose a show over that.

Glebe

Fuck's sake, one of the quickest cancellations ever! And not even to do with the quality of the show or viewing figures. Harsh.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Glebe on June 07, 2019, 12:47:43 PM
Fuck's sake, one of the quickest cancellations ever! And not even to do with the quality of the show or viewing figures. Harsh.

If it does well in the ratings then I could well imagine a streaming service such as Netflix swooping in to buy it and continue the story from where it left off.