Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cuisine Gamechangers

Started by Jittlebags, June 04, 2019, 01:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Cheese mate. Shitloads of cheese on everything, massive. "motherfucking pukka, cunt" as Jamie Oliver would say.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on June 04, 2019, 11:54:02 AM
I thought vegetarians ate chickpeas, or are you telling me they are made from chicken?

Tiny baby chicken faces.  Have a good look, you fucking monster.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on June 04, 2019, 11:51:34 AM
May I take this conversation in a slightly different direction?

PRESSURE COOKER

Everyone who was bigging up slow cookers a few years ago seems to be bigging these up now.

pancreas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 04, 2019, 11:56:47 AM
Everyone who was bigging up slow cookers a few years ago seems to be bigging these up now.

Don't hold back, Cobb. Tell me precisely what you think of me. Go on.

Mr Banlon

Harissa seasoning on oven chips.

I always find it a bit difficult to get really enthusiastic about salads, but summer's coming and I need to lose a bit of winter weight.  But the thing that makes them worthwhile is real basil leaves from a real basil plant.  Big, juicy tomatoes cut thin, with flakes of parmesan cheese, fresh basil, lashings of olive oil and some fruity vinaigrette.  It's fresh and delicious and makes you feel alive!

Dex Sawash

Reheating leftover pizza in a frying pan on stovetop. Gets the crust back right.

baptist

Half a teaspoon of medium curry powder in a tin of beans. Except if they are Branston of course cos they are the fucking best.

Cuellar

Toe shavings in cup of tea

Buelligan

Keep the toes in the freezer obviously, if you want to create neat shavings.  Unless they're wind-dried.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

This motherfucker:

Put it on everything.

boki

Coconut 'milk' with oats.  Coconut & Almond if you're being fancy.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I was never a fan of raw tomatoes until I discovered how delicious they are with a little bit of salt sprinkled on them.

Also, fennel improves all sorts of foods (possibly even Allsorts): pizza, chilli, sausages, pizza with chilli and sausages on it.

Umami is so big...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fennel is arse, my friend. You may as well be smearing liquorice all over everything.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Mr Banlon on June 04, 2019, 12:02:42 PM
Harissa seasoning on oven chips.

Dunn's All Purpose Seasoning on oven chips.

Smearing liquorice over any food makes it taste more like liquorice.

And if you can't find any liquorice, fennel makes an acceptable substitute.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on June 04, 2019, 01:44:54 PM
Smearing liquorice over any food makes it taste more like liquorice.

Smearing isn't very haute cuisine is it? You should be drizzling

Jittlebags

Just bought another 400g of dried onions. You never know with Brexit and all. A tin of Whiskas with some dried fried onions on it might become a staple.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 04, 2019, 01:43:47 PM
Dunn's All Purpose Seasoning on oven chips.

I've fucked off oven chips and just make wedges seasoned with tandoori seasoning (mix into microwaved butter) these days.

Icehaven

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 04, 2019, 01:14:56 PM
This motherfucker:

Put it on everything.

Had a curry night at a mates a few months ago and had our minds and gobs blown by that. We thought it was going to turn out to be some fancy-ass homemade stuff so were very happy to find out otherwise.

Cuellar

Pineapples.

Why isn't everyone eating Pineapples all the time?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sadly those pickle jars are just nowhere near the subtlety and depth of flavour required versus a decent restaurant pickle (admittedly tricky to find) . They're either way too sharp and bitter or too spicy. I suppose if you've ragged your tastebuds to fuck then they break through the barren surface of your tongue.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Apparently quite a few restaurants just give you Patak's pickle on the table because it's that good that they don't feel the need to make their own. I read about it in a study that I've just made up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The things to focus on in Indians is how much attention is paid to the pickles and dips and the starters. So many venues treat them as an afterthought when that's where some of the best flavours are, not to mention opportunity to differentiate your restaurant from anothers. Places like Bundobust are pricey but they've given the whole show the kick up the bell that was needed.

Buelligan

Yeah, but you ate your snap out of a violin case once.  Case fucking closed, open when you were eating though, obvs.

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 04, 2019, 01:50:45 PM
Smearing isn't very haute cuisine is it? You should be drizzling

You need to move with the times grandad, we're all smearing and throwing now.  Take a peek at Massimo Bottura's "Oops! I've dropped the lemon tart!".

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 04, 2019, 01:29:07 PM
I was never a fan of raw tomatoes until I discovered how delicious they are with a little bit of salt sprinkled on them.

Also, fennel improves all sorts of foods (possibly even Allsorts): pizza, chilli, sausages, pizza with chilli and sausages on it.

Umami is so big...

YOUR MAMMY IS BIG MATE.