Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So, now I'm playing through Final Fantasy X

Started by Cerys, June 04, 2019, 02:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

... using only physical attacks, overdrives and items.  Reckon it'll be possible to complete it?

Bazooka

Quote from: Cerys on June 04, 2019, 02:37:02 AM
... using only physical attacks, overdrives and items.  Reckon it'll be possible to complete it?

Logistically yes, mentally no.

Cerys

Cerys

Sin Agog

Tried to play X-2 for the first time recently and had to abandon it.  Not because of the much-maligned J-Pop stuff (which is great), but because it felt like their first step into clicker territory, which culminated in the not even enough gameplay for mobile [FF]XIII (just realised what a great opportunity they missed in not making that one all about Red XIII).

Kinda buggered up my replay of X by over-levelling the characters (every fight switching to all of the characters so they all get XP).

Cerys

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 04, 2019, 12:16:51 PM
Great, enjoy x

Thankyou muchly :)

I've got to Kilika Temple, beaten up the sinspawn boss, and I'm about to go in and pick up a summon that I won't actually summon.  No Game Over situation yet - but I'm not looking forward to Yunalesca.  She's difficult enough at the best of times, the multistage harpy.  Hopefully I'll be mighty enough when I get to her.

Glebe

St_Eddie

It's a big old pile of wank, is Final Fantasy X.  Still, I wish you every success, Cerys in your quest to beat a big old pile of wank using only physical attacks, overdrives and items.

Quote from: Glebe on June 04, 2019, 02:52:53 PM
Is this the one with the ball game thing?

Yes.  That's a big old pile of wank and all.

bgmnts

Quote from: Cerys on June 04, 2019, 11:10:17 AM
I see what you did there.

The Japanese version is even funnier as Tidas sounds like a mutated crow.

I wish you luck in your challenge!

Consignia

Quote from: Glebe on June 04, 2019, 02:52:53 PM
Is this the one with the ball game thing?

Yes, it's full of crap mini-games which are essential to get the ultimate weapons.

I can't remember though, are there enemies who are immune to physical attacks? It's the kind of shit FF pulls.

St_Eddie

It warms the cockles of my cold black heart to see so much hatred for this wank game within this thread.

The Culture Bunker

After blissfully falling in love with FF7, I did enjoy FF8 a lot. FF9 was a bit "hmm, not sure about this" due to the setting (too fantasy based, I preferred the more sci-fi-crossed-with-magic vibes of the previous two) but not long after, the PS1 version of FF6 came out and that was brilliant.

I think I still regret the time I put into FFX and I've never been able to enjoy the series since - did try dipping in again with FFXV but gave up through absolute boredom.

In X, I'm not sure I give a fuck about any of the characters bar Auron, but finished it due to being unemployed and not being able to afford any games.

bgmnts

Just a quick FF lesson for those unfamiliar.

It goes FF IX >> FF VIII >>>> FF VI >>> FF VII >> FF X >> All the rest.

Golden E. Pump

Grab yourself a choc ice and sit down, son. That, right there, is an odious opinion.

Cerys

Dammit, I want a choc ice now.  Do you see?  Do you see what you did?

Golden E. Pump

Cerys

Cerys

I just cheated a little bit - I had Seymour in my party, so I let him use his magic.  Does that count as failure?

Consignia

Quote from: Cerys on June 06, 2019, 11:11:25 PM
I just cheated a little bit - I had Seymour in my party, so I let him use his magic.  Does that count as failure?

Yes, start again.

Cerys

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on June 06, 2019, 11:11:25 PM

I'm afraid that's most definitely a disqualification, Cerys.

Cerys

Yeah, you're right.  The problem I had was not being able to choose my party, and trying to beat the sod with only Auron's attacks was too damn annoying.  I'll keep going, on the rationale that Seymour is essentially an NPC, but I may try again having levelled up Yuna's attack scores at some point.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on June 07, 2019, 08:43:44 AM
Yeah, you're right.  The problem I had was not being able to choose my party, and trying to beat the sod with only Auron's attacks was too damn annoying.  I'll keep going, on the rationale that Seymour is essentially an NPC, but I may try again having levelled up Yuna's attack scores at some point.

Aye, by all means, do continue.  Just know that the fine folk at Guinness World Records won't be answering your phone call any time soon.

Cloud

Did the full thing once.  Dark Aeons, Penance, the lot.  My god, the grind, the hundreds of hours sank into it... did it once just to say I can, and now never again!  (Unless it's the updated version with the fast forward feature.  We didn't have that luxury)

kidney

There's such a thing in FFX as the "NSGNSNCNONENNENBB" challenge, which means finishing the game with no Sphere Grid, no Summoning, no Overdrives, no Escapes, no "No Encounters" and no Blitzball. Allegedly it's possible to finish the game under those rules, just unbelievably time-consuming and tedious (a bit like playing most jrpgs normally).

Cerys

Yeesh, that sounds ... fun.  Although I notice it doesn't discount magic that characters already know, so there's that.  All the same, I don't think I have the time/obsession to try it myself.  Probably.

Thursday

FFX is so annoying. You beat the main antagonist early on, but he's allowed to get up and carry on as normal because Yuna doesn't perform some ritual quick enough.

Cerys

I know, right?  Ineffectual, insipid bint.  And half the time her summons are useless because any boss worth their salt will just banish whichever one she calls on.  Yes, Seymour, I'm looking at you, you malformed cunt.

On the upside, I have just toasted Yunalesca on the second attempt.  Sodding unskippable cut-scenes.  We hates them, we hates them, we hates them forever!