Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:48:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So, now I'm playing through Final Fantasy X

Started by Cerys, June 04, 2019, 02:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Downloaded this. Going to try this kind of run after I finish it normally.

Cerys

Cerys

I have just fucking toasted Omega Weapon.  This is a good day.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on June 25, 2019, 03:01:47 PM
I have just fucking toasted Omega Weapon.  This is a good day.

I don't think that Omega Weapons are good for your digestive system, Cerys.

bgmnts

Just realised the dwarves in Final Fantasy IX speak with Scottish accents. Ace.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2019, 04:01:34 PM
Just realised the dwarves in Final Fantasy IX speak with Scottish accents. Ace.

They even look Scottish...

Cerys

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 25, 2019, 03:12:37 PM
I don't think that Omega Weapons are good for your digestive system, Cerys.

It might explain the necessity for a bionic arse, though.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on June 26, 2019, 01:58:09 AM
It might explain the necessity for a bionic arse, though.

The final piece of the puzzle has now been slotted into place.

Cerys

bgmnts

I booted this up after getting bored with FF IX (I really am broken) and I forgot how much of a departure FFX is from the the series. It has the weakest opening of it and its three main predecessors but visually its stunning, and hearing that very hard bit of metal during the blitzball game and Sin coming is mental, it feels so out of place to me I love it.

Cerys

Me too.  When I first played it I didn't like how different it was from its predecessors, but it grew in me.

And I've just finished it - and apart from my Seymour-related fuck-up, using only physical attacks, items and overdrives.  Definitely doable.  In fact I splatted Jecht in just two attacks - a single blow from Auron, and an overdrive from Yuna.  I'm now going to go back and get Yuna's Celestial Weapon fully powered so I can find out how nails she is.

Consignia

Quote from: Cerys on June 30, 2019, 12:38:21 AMI'm now going to go back and get Yuna's Celestial Weapon fully powered so I can find out how nails she is.

I think Yuna's is the easiest to power up. I remember getting her's pretty early, which meant she was always front line, which meant she got the most experience and traversed most of the grid with her, making her a tank which could decimate dark aeons on her own.

Cerys

bgmnts

Okay i'm back on this now after being sidetracked with other games. Tidus is the shittest protagonist ever.

Cloud: Mysterious
Squall: Brooding
Zidane: Cheeky
Tidus: Hungry.

madhair60

bgmnts

Oh go play fucking ShootBangBangNWord or whatever.

madhair60

gmoney

Couldn't beat the last boss on this. He's a right fucker. I think I spent a day trying to beat him, and couldn't face going back and grinding. I've still got a save somewhere.

bgmnts

Please tell me Blitzball is pointless, I do not want to have to play this.

Poobum

I was so disappointed with blitzball, thought it was gonna be played like a normal sports game giving a nice contrast to all the turned based combat, but no, more of the same, and all of your team are crapped-of-the-pants so you loose the majority of the stat based action and then cry and cry, because it's just all futile, and why even bother?

Consignia

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2019, 07:14:05 PM
Please tell me Blitzball is pointless, I do not want to have to play this.

Depends, do you want wakka's super cool ultimate weapon?

bgmnts

Fuck.

Now I have to waste hours of my life trying to master this shitness.

bgmnts

The absolutely monged audio of this port is starting to get on my tits. There's a 50% chance that any line of dialogue will just not happen.

Poobum

FFX is just horrendous Japanese anti-whale propaganda. "Ohh we must save our peaceful islands from the evil ceteacean, we have been at their mercy for far too long. Now we must unite in our holy quest to destroy the delicious, evil whales." Never completed it so I'm just assuming they eat Sin at the end.

Imagine if FF8 had been voiced as badly as FFX, imagine Squall voiced by a badly directed, minimaly talented voice actor. I'm guessing it would be a nasal and whiny performance. Begs the question, would Tidus be more tolerable if he were silent, and it was all dialogue boxes? No.

Thursday

Squall would affect a low monotone though, he's not whiny and hysterical at least.

Zell, Selphie and Irvine on the other hand... oh boy.

The Culture Bunker

I didn't think they did a very good job voicing the FF7 characters in the spin-off games/films, with the exception of Vincent.

bgmnts

Quote from: Poobum on August 19, 2019, 03:30:01 PM
FFX is just horrendous Japanese anti-whale propaganda. "Ohh we must save our peaceful islands from the evil ceteacean, we have been at their mercy for far too long. Now we must unite in our holy quest to destroy the delicious, evil whales." Never completed it so I'm just assuming they eat Sin at the end.

Imagine if FF8 had been voiced as badly as FFX, imagine Squall voiced by a badly directed, minimaly talented voice actor. I'm guessing it would be a nasal and whiny performance. Begs the question, would Tidus be more tolerable if he were silent, and it was all dialogue boxes? No.

Wakka is even worse. I'm pretty sure its mega inappropriate.

Poobum

Yeah, whiny is the wrong word. Yeah a monotone, cynical American gen-Xer, with added surly 'tude. And now I'm imagining Seifer talking like Roger from Doug, and I can't stop.

Consignia

Some of the FFVIII characters have been voiced though, so you can find out. Check out either Dissidia series or Kingdom Hearts early installments.

Fake Edit: https://youtu.be/FfjX-VhyzFA?t=116 For a nasty looking feather.