Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

18 hours of OK Computer sessions leaked

Started by popcorn, June 05, 2019, 10:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

This is quite interesting. Link on 4chan. Tracklist here.

Going through some of it now. It's got a full-band version of True Love Waits. It's shit!

Johnny Textface

Glebe

Thom Yorke emerges 'shattered' from 18 hours of OK Computer sessions.

popcorn

Quote from: SteveDave on June 05, 2019, 10:40:28 AM
Desolation

I've decided it is a bit desolation. Interesting at first but after the fifth rendition of I Promise it's time to put something else on.

purlieu

Grabbed these. Girlfriend declared "when I'm not here".
So no listening party yet.

BlodwynPig

Glebe

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 05, 2019, 12:24:31 PMLike coldplay in a bad mood

Can you imagine listening to 18 hours of leaked Coldplay sessions? Now that's DESO!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Glebe on June 05, 2019, 12:34:17 PM
Can you imagine listening to 18 hours of leaked Coldplay sessions? Now that's DESO!

Neither. Coldplay are objectively awful, Radiohead only subjectively

phantom_power

I have no idea how to read 4chan. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not really holding my breath for a 'troggs tapes' moment.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 05, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
I'm not really holding my breath for a 'troggs tapes' moment.
"Drummers? I excrete them from my anus. Like Tony Blair's sexed up Iraq dossier printed on a faulty winter laserjet." or sutin.

boki

Quote from: popcorn on June 05, 2019, 11:39:54 AM
I've decided it is a bit desolation. Interesting at first but after the fifth rendition of I Promise it's time to put something else on.
A noose, probably.

Duckula

The full band version of True Love Waits in spectacular in it's awfulness, no wonder they never released it.

purlieu

Quote from: phantom_power on June 05, 2019, 01:50:16 PM
I have no idea how to read 4chan. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
The Mega link that was going around isn't working at the minute. I've put it on Soulseek, but half the bloody internet is trying to download it off me (and I'm just grabbing something from iPlayer so had to close it) but try searching for OK Minidisc on there as a few people have it now.

Johnny Textface

It's actually 17 hours. Not interested.

Glyn

Always nice to discover that ateaseweb exists again :)

MattD

Good band, but my god, their fan base have to be the most insufferably boring people in the world.

popcorn

My advice to everyone interested is to wait 48 hours until the fanbase have assembled a compilation of all the bits that aren't 44 hours of I Promise or Thom Yorke going mental in a hotel room.

Is it really worse than the True Love Waits on Moon Shaped Pool? At least we still have the "proper" one.

alan nagsworth

I quite like Radiohead but people getting fucking giddy about this sort of piss, or even remotely acknowledging it with anything more than a snide comment on an internet forum, really makes me want to hate Radiohead again.

popcorn

I didn't realise being interested in the making of one of the most beloved albums of the 90s was so unhip !!!!!!!!!!!!!

popcorn

There are some good lyrics in this.

"why wont you remember my name, I consider this a flagrant insult"

"I hope that you choke
I hope that you choke
on your nice cuisine."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on June 06, 2019, 12:03:02 AM
There are some good lyrics in this.

"why wont you remember my name, I consider this a flagrant insult"

"I hope that you choke
I hope that you choke
on your nice cuisine."

"I had a pet hippo, he lived in my basement
it was a mistake...from the very very start.
His name was Andrew"

*Ukelele solo*

SteveDave

Quote from: MattD on June 05, 2019, 09:18:35 PM
Good band, but my god, their fan base have to be the most insufferably boring people in the world.

The Smiths fans: "Hold my lukewarm lemon drink"

popcorn

About an hour of this is just the soundtrack from The Spy Who Loved Me.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha

At one time this would have me made me very happy but now the idea of wading through 18 hours of Thom's mumbling and whining induces a very different feeling...

phantom_power

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 05, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
I quite like Radiohead but people getting fucking giddy about this sort of piss, or even remotely acknowledging it with anything more than a snide comment on an internet forum, really makes me want to hate Radiohead again.

Nah, bollocks to that. The creative process is fascinating and it is great when these things get unearthed, for any band. I am always amazed how thin, bland, generic demos turn into amazing pieces of music, or how fully formed some songs are in their earliest forms