Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shitstains wiping excrement on political threads just before elections

Started by Absorb the anus burn, June 05, 2019, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

Dear Marje Proops,

An internet forum I'm fond of visiting has once again become the playground of paid trolls who are deliberately wiping rancid rectal emissions all over the politics threads in the run up to elections.

The design is to make Corbyn 23, Brexit 7, Tig 1 and Trump 8 unreadable - imagine a pair of lovely M&S underpants caked in some stranger's stinking shite.

So far, liberal use of an ignore script has failed to remove the stench and blockage.

Can you advise?

Paul Calf

Dea ATAB,

I'm Greg Proops, not Marjorie. It's perfectly OK - lots of people make this mistake.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 05, 2019, 12:17:42 PM
Dea ATAB,

I'm Greg Proops, not Marjorie. It's perfectly OK - lots of people make this mistake.

You'll always be poops to me.

jobotic

Some other vermin have resurfaced on other threads too. Classic times.

Barry Admin

Ruin every thread they post in by responding to them, or moaning about how you're about to do a flounce etc. Makes for great reading.

Cuellar

Why is there no gif of Alan Partridge shouting "IGNORE HIM" to the Tory MP wrt to the headslapper

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 05, 2019, 12:19:52 PM
Ruin every thread they post in by responding to them, or moaning about how you're about to do a flounce etc. Makes for great reading.

I don't agree with interacting or flouncing... Sadly there is no flow - even with the ignore script switched on.

Funcrusher

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Have we thought of an example where someone has been successfully ignored off a forum?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

How about responding just to take the piss ? You know, like in the way the satire movement did so much to bring down the Nazis ?

clever referencing, cheers.

Cuellar

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2019, 12:23:01 PM
Have we thought of an example where someone has been successfully ignored off a forum?

Has it ever been tried?

Barry Admin

Have we thought of an example where a "troll" has said "wow I'm being given tons of attention here, actually I'll just give it a miss and go elsewhere."

Barry Admin

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2019, 12:23:01 PM

Who said that ?
😉😎😗

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 05, 2019, 12:27:49 PM
Have we thought of an example where a "troll" has said "wow I'm being given tons of attention here, actually I'll just give it a miss and go elsewhere."

Even just today, some of your best forum members, imitationleather and this thread starter are losing the will to carry on here. It should focus the mind to start proposing and enacting solutions which work, rather than transferring the responsibility to others to self moderate, which demonstrably doesn't work.

And in a politics thread it doesn't work because every new event, every utterance, every tweet gives these people a fresh excuse to post. I agree with the operating poster. It simply isn't acceptable or fair in my view to instruct thousands of people to work around this problem.

Anyway, I know you will instinctively want to do the exact opposite of whatever I propose so I've said my bit and will leave this thread alone, it's your forum.

chveik

just leave these threads to the far right dickheads.

as long as they don't wander into hs art.

Alberon

I've responded to the trolls before and I do regret that. I have no problem with right wingers being on here if they actually engage with issues. Tommy is clearly just trying to disrupt things and is a troll.

I don't want to back out of the political threads because the political world today is getting by turns much more interesting and frightening but the current situation is unworkable.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2019, 12:47:43 PM
Even just today, some of your best forum members, imitationleather and this thread starter are losing the will to carry on here. It should focus the mind to start proposing and enacting solutions which work, rather than transferring the responsibility to others to self moderate, which demonstrably doesn't work.

And in a politics thread it doesn't work because every new event, every utterance, every tweet gives these people a fresh excuse to post. I agree with the operating poster. It simply isn't acceptable or fair in my view to instruct thousands of people to work around this problem.

Anyway, I know you will instinctively want to do the exact opposite of whatever I propose so I've said my bit and will leave this thread alone, it's your forum.

Goading the banhammer ;)

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Cuellar on June 05, 2019, 12:27:22 PM
Has it ever been tried?
Not sure I've seen it. Even with the most obvious wind-up merchants, someone always takes the bait.

But I struggle to believe that the oddballs that have recently descended to spew all over various threads on here are paid.

Noonling

PLEASE dear god PLEASE: Someone tell me where I sign up to become a paid troll. How much does it pay per hour? Do I have to go to specific sites, or can I choose the sites to troll? Can I switch focus from e.g. Brexit to immigration, or do I have to stick to a specific topic? Is this a job I can do solely from home, and am I able to choose my own hours?

Thanks.

SpiderChrist

I've stopped looking at the political threads, as the likes of Tommy, Paulie and Biggie are just making me feel utterly fucking depressed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm not sure simply saying "fuck off" is the best of responses, either. Yer man Tommy Dogfucker used to respond at length just to that, which I thought was pretty funny at first, but then got a bit tiresome. I wonder if he actually believes his crap about glorious leader Farage and all that?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Noonling on June 05, 2019, 01:02:56 PM
PLEASE dear god PLEASE: Someone tell me where I sign up to become a paid troll. How much does it pay per hour? Do I have to go to specific sites, or can I choose the sites to troll? Can I switch focus from e.g. Brexit to immigration, or do I have to stick to a specific topic? Is this a job I can do solely from home, and am I able to choose my own hours?

Thanks.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,73536.0.html

phantom_power

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2019, 12:47:43 PM

Maybe you get the forum you deserve.

If I were a forum admin, I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with banning a user just for the crime of being prolific and tedious.  He's a pain in the arse but hasn't posted anything illegal, offensive or personal (I don't think... I've had him sporadically blocked).  His contributions are entirely one note, normally repeating the same dozen catchphrases ad infinitum.

Goldfinger is a good first step, even if it doesn't work on the phone.  I thought I could just skip over the posts myself, but it's just visual clutter which I'd rather not even have to identify.  All that extension needs is an option to also block posts from anyone who quoted an ignored user, and get rid of the rest of the noise.

Be strong, people, and don't take the bait.

Barry Admin

Bear in mind that pompous cunt Shoulders Stomach has already "warned me" of his desire to make threads unreadable by engaging with that bloke. Anyway excellent fucking stuff, cause me some more stress right after surgery, thanks a lot lads, much appreciated.

Alberon

Being a tedious one note poster shouldn't be grounds for banning on their own or these forums would get very quiet.

But when a new (or pretending to be new) poster pops up out of nowhere and starts a clear campaign to disrupt all political discussions then there is ample justification for a temporary ban at least.

Sorry Neil. You shouldn't have to deal with this shit.

My posts are insightful, factual and well informed. My analysis, from when I was last here 2 weeks ago, has been proven correct. I've shown other posters' interpretations of events to be inaccurate and basically fanciful.
You cannot highlight many (or any?) errors in my posts as there simply aren't (m)any.

I wasn't aware that posters are limited to certain number of responses.

Far from being "one note" I've provided background and expanded others' posts a number of times.

There are reasons for complaining about my posts:

1. You don't agree with them
2. You don't have a winning argument
3. They illustrate the lack of depth in your own shallow posturing
4. You want a Safe Space

All 4 say more about your failings than mine.

In 36hrs, when the Brexit Party smash Peterborough, I'll be proven right again.

Don't say I didn't tell you, democracy's coming home.

Alberon

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on June 05, 2019, 01:25:46 PM
My posts are insightful, factual and well informed. My analysis, from when I was last here 2 weeks ago, has been proven correct. I've shown other posters' interpretations of events to be inaccurate and basically fanciful.
You cannot highlight many (or any?) errors in my posts as there simply aren't (m)any.

I wasn't aware that posters are limited to certain number of responses.

Far from being "one note" I've provided background and expanded others' posts a number of times.

There are reasons for complaining about my posts:

1. You don't agree with them
2. You don't have a winning argument
3. They illustrate the lack of depth in your own shallow posturing
4. You want a Safe Space

All 4 say more about your failings than mine.

In 36hrs, when the Brexit Party smash Peterborough, I'll be proven right again.

Don't say I didn't tell you, democracy's coming home.

Oh for fucksake