Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shitstains wiping excrement on political threads just before elections

Started by Absorb the anus burn, June 05, 2019, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I have Goldfinger running but when I visit the user who I want to get rid of's profile page there's no option to ignore them. It's been like this for months and months.

Is there any particular reason why this might be the case?

chveik

Quote from: imitationleather on June 05, 2019, 05:26:34 PM
I have Goldfinger running but when I visit the user who I want to get rid of's profile page there's no option to ignore them. It's been like this for months and months.

Is there any particular reason why this might be the case?

Old version probably.  There used to be two on the Chrome store and one didn't work.  Version 0.1.7 seems to work OK, but you'll have to download it manually now from https://github.com/Dazzla/goldfinger/archive/master.zip and install it manually by:

• going to the Extensions page in Chrome
  • selecting "Developer mode" (top right)
  • pressing "Load unpacked" (top left), and giving it the goldfinger-master\app directory.

imitationleather

Quote from: Darles Chickens on June 05, 2019, 05:34:31 PM
Old version probably.  There used to be two on the Chrome store and one didn't work.  Version 0.1.7 seems to work OK, but you'll have to download it manually now from https://github.com/Dazzla/goldfinger/archive/master.zip and install it manually by:

• going to the Extensions page in Chrome
  • selecting "Developer mode" (top right)
  • pressing "Load unpacked" (top left), and giving it the goldfinger-master\app directory.

Ahhhhh... This worked! Thank you!

(I won't be able to read if you respond as you're ignored now, obviously.)

Quote from: Tom RobwatsonSing if you're glad to be censorial

This is why we'll win. Our opponents are so weak they can't face the truth. Suits us.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: NoSleepWrong.

You didn't explain why, nor have you offered evidence to support your stance (which you don't adhere to anyway)

Furthermore it's pretty discourteous to reply to someone who has made it clear they're going to leave the matter alone having said their piece - I haven't replied to the things others have posted. Leave me out of this now.

Sebastian Cobb

I once saw someone goaded off a forum because one user just responded to their every reply with a Steve McDonald gurn, perhaps we could try that? Would brighten the place up a bit if nothing else.

pancreas

For whatever reason the tampermonkey ignore link doesn't show for me in Firefox. If you also have this problem, you can block him by adding the following lines to the code:

ignoredUsers[21559] = {
                'username': 'Tommy Robwatson',
                'ignored': Date.now()
            };

Add the above immediately after the lines:

ignoredUsers = window.localStorage.getItem("ignoredUsers");
        if (ignoredUsers) {
            console.log(ignoredUsers);
            ignoredUsers = JSON.parse(ignoredUsers);
        } else {
            ignoredUsers = {};
        }

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 05, 2019, 05:07:30 PM
A wonderful piece of advice I read on dealing with toxic people who want to bait you is: Let your silence be the last word.

I have always found that the best method is to track down the troll at their mum's address, pay them a visit, then give them a great big kiss and a little rub on the stomach. That's all they want really. If just *one* of us does this with, for example, Tommy Caninelover I can guarantee we'd have no trouble from him again.

Noonling

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on June 05, 2019, 05:52:24 PM
This is why we'll win. Our opponents are so weak they can't face the truth. Suits us.

Ok...But is there a pension plan?

NoSleep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2019, 05:56:04 PM
You didn't explain why, nor have you offered evidence to support your stance (which you don't adhere to anyway)

Furthermore it's pretty discourteous to reply to someone who has made it clear they're going to leave the matter alone having said their piece - I haven't replied to the things others have posted. Leave me out of this now.

I adhere as best as I possibly can. You'll have to point out where I've failed.

I didn't need to explain why, as I quoted an admirable explanation of why ignoring trolls is the best thing to do; right below my quotes of yours. As far as evidence goes, I explained it has never happened here, because there's a sucker always willing to take up the gauntlet when others decline. I guess it can be counted as success that the "thousands of people" you earlier mentioned don't take the bait like a herd of zombies.

Suck my discourteous dick.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Space ghost on June 05, 2019, 02:28:50 PMArguing with each other about them, arguing with the site admin, making additional threads about them, coming up with 'amusing' responses to them by doing all this you are achieving that goal for them. Very basic stuff.

billyandthecloneasaurus

I must admit that at this stage, after nearly a decade of lurking and occasionally posting, I find it more funny than annoying when people engage with trolls on here.

It's like, yeah, they're deliberately posting antagonistic shit to wind you up and get a response and have been doing that the whole time they've been posting on the forum, but NO, if I just post this ONE lengthy post explaining why they're wrong and an idiot, they'll realise the error of their ways and stop it.

It's like how my dad would react to trolls if he somehow managed to get a Big Audio Dynamite message board to work on his phone, but that's cus he's a daft old twat who doesn't know how the internet works.   

Gamma Ray

Well quite. What did good ol' Samuel Langhorne Clemens say, something like this I think ...
Quote from: Mark TwainNever argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Dr Rock

buttgammon

Can't get Goldfinger working on Chrome for some reason. I've followed the instructions from up the page. Any ideas on next steps?

Cold Meat Platter

The amount of excrement a shitstain would be able to wipe on a thread is minimal as the stain is mostly within the matrix of the host material. Have these stains been charged with extra excrement? Where from?

NoSleep

imitationleather

No one calls me stupid. YOUR BLOCKED.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: NoSleep on June 05, 2019, 09:23:02 PM
It could be shitstains-wiping excrement.
As in the Nobel prize-winners Hans Shitstains and Gustav Wiping. I agree.

This seemed to be most appropriate thread.

I've just (around an hour ago) enjoyed some monumental to the extent of being utterly life-changing good fortune. And as a result I'm both humbled - I can't be annoyed about anything right now - and faced with a sea of opportunities (the necessary means) enabling me to pivot and vastly expand my focus.

Even a few seconds ago I intended to leave you some advice, but I'm so elated, I'm lost for anything less than the kindest of words. So thank you. Enthusiasm, passion and belief are good to see.