Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things you do that you are afraid will one day kill you but you do them anyway

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, June 07, 2019, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Some of mine:

-Cycle without a helmet on
-Walk down from the top deck of the bus before the bus has pulled in to the stop
-Eat street food
-Work in a big untidy lab full of mysterious chemicals
-Go to London and absent mindedly suck some or more of my fingers after touching the handrails on the central line
-Drink lots of beer and wine
-Regularly exceed my RDA of salt and salty things

You got any?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

kittens

booze fags and energy drinks. i also nurture psychoses whenever i notice them lurking in my mind, in an attempt to make life more interesting. in that same vein i have started taking more risks than usual. this mostly means entering 'staff only' areas in national trust properties at the moment, but who knows where it will lead. knowing my luck though none of these things will kill me and i'll just end up being hit by a car or murdered.

kittens

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on June 07, 2019, 08:41:59 AM

-Go to London and absent mindedly suck some or more of my fingers after touching the handrails on the central line

Like a coquettish little slut.

My Latvian partner has HPV, yet that doesn't stop me venturing south, putting myself into Michael Douglas territory.

Fonz

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 07, 2019, 09:47:03 AM
My Latvian partner has HPV, yet that doesn't stop me venturing south, putting myself into Michael Douglas territory.

Use a crisp wrapper as a mouth johnny. You get to choose the flavour. Win win.

Pijlstaart

Picking at scabs and abscesses with unsterilised instruments. Getting stuck between wall and side of bed. Chanting "mandelson" 5 times into a mirror at night.

St_Eddie

Smoking, excessive drinking (I only drink twice a week but when I do, oohhhhh boy) and stressing out about every little thing.

It'll either be a heart attack or cancer that finishes me off, or a heart attack during chemotherapy.

madhair60

I keep my cloudy lemonade in beakers right next to my hydrofluoric acid, and one day it's gonna FUCK ME UP

Buelligan

Something definitely will kill us all one day, I'm just banking on my own personal nemesis being Nigel Farage and I manage to take him with me.

Johnny Yesno

phes

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 07, 2019, 09:47:03 AM

You probably had it anyway, all of them, and you've just added to her HPV burden, you slapper.

garbed_attic

Clean out my ears with things like a mini screwdriver from a Christmas cracker

Icehaven

Excessive booze and rich food. I turned 40 a few months ago so really need to kick them into touch if I don't want liver failure or heart disease by the time I turn 50, but I'm finding it woefully difficult as they're increasingly becoming among my main pleasures in life. That isn't quite as depressing as it sounds, it's just I don't feel that bothered about things I used to enjoy like going out at night, gigs, going away, daytrips etc. It's all too much hassle and organisation and I get just as much pleasure from having something nice to eat and some drinks at home or in the local. Guess I'm just becoming boring and middle aged but I'll be boring and middle aged and dead if I don't BUCK MY IDEAS UP. 

Quote from: phes on June 07, 2019, 10:38:31 AM
You probably had it anyway, all of them, and you've just added to her HPV burden, you slapper.

Oh, quite possibly. I've been shagging sans frontieres for well over a decade now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on June 07, 2019, 10:42:48 AM
Crossing the road.

When I get tired I become what the scientific community call 'spatially retarded'.

Buelligan

Quote from: icehaven on June 07, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
Excessive booze and rich food. I turned 40 a few months ago so really need to kick them into touch if I don't want liver failure or heart disease by the time I turn 50, but I'm finding it woefully difficult as they're increasingly becoming among my main pleasures in life. That isn't quite as depressing as it sounds, it's just I don't feel that bothered about things I used to enjoy like going out at night, gigs, going away, daytrips etc. It's all too much hassle and organisation and I get just as much pleasure from having something nice to eat and some drinks at home or in the local. Guess I'm just becoming boring and middle aged but I'll be boring and middle aged and dead if I don't BUCK MY IDEAS UP.

I'm not pissing about icehaven, have you tried just bucking your ideas up? 

I read a thing about a woman, years ago in a waiting room (interesting parallel when discussing the fragility of life and imminent deceasement,), she'd been coming up to 50, looked at herself and thought fucksie, this is not who I want to be for the rest of my life.  Anyway, she got her mojo on and became a senior (champion?) Iron Person, you should've seen her six-pack, I am not even lying.

I'm not suggesting you do that, but you strike me as a person who has loads more living to do, don't go quietly, matey.  Do not go quietly. 

Same goes for all you cunts.  *points and waves finger randomly*

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

-Shift work
-Night shifts
-Work for the NHS
-Exposure to traumatic events
-Post on CaB

Jerzy Bondov

hiding in the corner of the kitchen using cream crackers to scoop lurpak out of the tub and eating it

Chollis

Sorry, love carbs and booze too much. Who wants to live forever anyway?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You know how Buelligan did write " you should have seen her six pack ", about that woman what stopped messing about with her life in that post she made, when speaking girlie-to- girlie to icehaven ?

Well, if I were to quote that bit and write " Oh, so she didn't actually give up drinking, then ? ", would y'all think less of me for it ?

jobotic

Smoking and drinking, not all the time but still too much. Eating shite like crisps. Volunteering as a trade union rep which is stressful as fuck sometimes  as it will be later today.

I do go running sometimes though so none of that counts.

Sebastian Cobb

Booze
Cycling pissed
Live a live that results in existential ennui

Shit Good Nose

I don't smoke, don't take drugs, am not a massive drinker, wear a helmet whilst cycling, and I regularly go to the gym as well, so if anything's going to get me it's either going to be a car accident (I always wear my seatbelt and don't drive like a maniac, but there are plenty of other cunts on the road who do) or, more likely, food.  I fucking love food and, whilst I consider myself as a bit of a gastronome, I'm also not above dirty kebabs and KFC.  So either the richness of decent food le gastronomique or the simple death ingredients of shit takeaway food will do me in.

Glebe

holyzombiejesus

Cycling. Don't really cycle pissed any more but that's just because I generally drink at home (although I did cycle home rat-arsed at 2am after a lock-in, and that was down a dodgy rural road with no lights on my bike) but some of the cunts you get here everywhere means that it often feels like I'm risking death just cycling to the supermarket.