Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things you do that you are afraid will one day kill you but you do them anyway

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, June 07, 2019, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 07, 2019, 11:13:46 AM
Cycling. Don't really cycle pissed any more but that's just because I generally drink at home (although I did cycle home rat-arsed at 2am after a lock-in, and that was down a dodgy rural road with no lights on my bike) but some of the cunts you get here everywhere means that it often feels like I'm risking death just cycling to the supermarket.

Yeah come to think about it I'm far more likely to get hit by someone not looking in broad daylight. Had a few near misses leaving me shaking my fists at motorists after they've nearly hit me while I've had right of way.

phes

pizza in oven after pub
lithium ion vape machine battery explode face
cancer of eating drinking inhaling fucking
ultimate myocardial obliteration

I almost died last night eating wasabi peas and watching ally law climb a building on youtube

Sebastian Cobb

I've not got a car at the moment but driving is dodgy. When I was in Iceland I was driving at night late and tired, I woke up driving up a mountain with two wheels on the grit at the side of the road, then in my panic I slipped into 'British driving mode' and swerved the wrong way before correcting it. It could've gone really badly.

What was worse is I was ages away from anywhere that was open late to get a coffee or something to make the rest of the journey less dangerous.

I'd never had anything like that before, just the odd 'long blink' on the motorway where you suddenly realise you're getting quite close to a slow moving lorry and need to do something about it.

phes

definitely dead soon

I avoid traveling by car at all costs. A monumentally stupid choice of transport when other options are available.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 07, 2019, 11:40:26 AM
I've not got a car at the moment but driving is dodgy. When I was in Iceland I was driving at night late and tired, I woke up driving up a mountain with two wheels on the grit at the side of the road, then in my panic I slipped into 'British driving mode' and swerved the wrong way before correcting it. It could've gone really badly.

What was worse is I was ages away from anywhere that was open late to get a coffee or something to make the rest of the journey less dangerous.

I'd never had anything like that before, just the odd 'long blink' on the motorway where you suddenly realise you're getting quite close to a slow moving lorry and need to do something about it.

I rode a very spit-you-off-and-stamp-on-you sort of motorbike across France and the top of Spain once, with no fucking sleep.  I must have had 20 or more of those special tiny petrol station coffees that make your heart try to escape.  Fuck me, it was night (eventually) and I realised I didn't know where up or down were any more.  I lay on the hard shoulder and wept like a fucking girl.

SpiderChrist

The Culture Bunker

Fairly convinced I'll eventually be murdered by my other half, as there's no way any sane person can stand living with me for years.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 07, 2019, 11:10:36 AM
I don't smoke, don't take drugs, am not a massive drinker...

That should be "I'm not a massive drinker and I don't do any other drugs", surely?  Sorry, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine that alcohol isn't considered to be a drug, just because it's legal and deemed as socially acceptable, despite being one of the worst and most damaging drugs that I've ever taken (and continue to take).

chveik

fags, anxiety, carbs, lack of exercice, the occasionnal unprotected sex, anti-psychotic drugs.

life would be very dull without our death drive.

St_Eddie

I keep on irritating people by being outspoken on a great many things and I fear that one day I shall be murdered for it but I just can't resist metaphorically poking the bear with a stick.  On that note, my wont to literally poke bears with sticks may also be how I meet my demise.

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

a duncandisorderly

these night-shifts... there's a point in our shift pattern when we do two day-shifts (saturday, sunday, 0730-2000) then three night-shifts (the monday, so 23.5 hours after the previous day-shift). so the circadian stuff is already royally fucked-up. then on the thursday morning after the third night-shift, I fly to madrid & start my week of daddy-day-care, turning in at about nine or ten after being awake for 30 hours.
a week later, I come back to london & do four night-shifts, then have a couple of days off before the day-shifts start again.
there's an hour+ commute at both ends of the shifts.

so if it's not that, it might be a plane crash or a train crash or maybe just blood in the wrong place in my head. :-(

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 07, 2019, 05:40:35 PM
COME ON YOU FUCKING WANKER US SECURITY TWATS.

that, if the band was ever invited back to the USA. I have very little patience with the simpletons at airports.

Pranet

Not going to the doctor because its probably nothing. And if it isn't I don't really want to know.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 07, 2019, 10:52:23 PM
these night-shifts... there's a point in our shift pattern when we do two day-shifts (saturday, sunday, 0730-2000) then three night-shifts (the monday, so 23.5 hours after the previous day-shift). so the circadian stuff is already royally fucked-up. then on the thursday morning after the third night-shift, I fly to madrid & start my week of daddy-day-care, turning in at about nine or ten after being awake for 30 hours.
a week later, I come back to london & do four night-shifts, then have a couple of days off before the day-shifts start again.

That's fucking mad! You can't carry on like that!

canadagoose

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 07, 2019, 10:52:23 PM

so if it's not that, it might be a plane crash or a train crash or maybe just blood in the wrong place in my head. :-(
I do alternating day and night shifts too (always the former before the latter). What are the risks? I have hypertension and diabetes anyway, so am I heading for an early grave if I keep doing my 0800 - 2000 (and 2000 - 0800) stuff? I mean, I'm not as busy as you (I have no kids and I don't fly a thousand miles away at the end of my shift block), but still.

Absorb the anus burn

Auto-erotic-asphyxiation....

Whilst riding a motorbike...

In Penge.

amnesiac

Fatal peanut allergy but I just love peanuts so much can't stop eating peanuts eating them now

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 07, 2019, 04:47:07 PM
That should be "I'm not a massive drinker and I don't do any other drugs", surely?  Sorry, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine that alcohol isn't considered to be a drug, just because it's legal and deemed as socially acceptable, despite being one of the worst and most damaging drugs that I've ever taken (and continue to take).

It's not a drug, it's a drink.

St_Eddie

mothman

phes

Cloud

I wouldn't worry about being perfectly healthy.  "Oh did you hear about Dave?  Never touched a drop of alcohol or cigarette in his life, ate perfectly healthy, jogged to work every day.... just keeled over, dead.  He was only 40!" -  heard variations of that a few times here