Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Shit Summer

Started by pigamus, June 08, 2019, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Fucking pissing down here. Again.

Rain forecast every single day on BBC Weather.

Is it pissing down where you are?

Is this going to be as bad as 2007?

imitationleather

Might just start the "OHMYGOD WHEN WILL THIS FUCKING HEATWAVE END?!??! '19" thread now.

Absorb the anus burn

What about the lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer 2018?

Phew, what a scorcher etc.

canadagoose

It's only early June. It'll get hotter yet.

Light showers and a gentle breeze, high of 14 degrees here today, according to BBC Weather. Could be worse.

Icehaven

Best weather is in September now, has been for ages.

Absorb the anus burn

<tag> Bananarama consider rewrite <tag>

I'm completely unaffected by weather, I enjoy the sunshine and enjoy windy days and rainy days, thunder. The drab grey overcast England also has its own flavour. I expect nothing and I enjoy the fluctuations. Better than living in Central China with six months of forty degree million percent humidity and a hazy glare, followed by six months of minus ten slush.

pigamus

Quote from: icehaven on June 08, 2019, 11:56:30 AM
Best weather is in September now, has been for ages.

Well if you love September so much why don't you just go and live there

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I had to put the heating on last night. Shambles.

pigamus

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 08, 2019, 12:19:31 PM
I had to put the heating on last night. Shambles.

I thought about it as well. I was damp in every crack.

canadagoose

Quote from: canadagoose on June 08, 2019, 11:53:33 AM
It's only early June. It'll get hotter yet.

Light showers and a gentle breeze, high of 14 degrees here today, according to BBC Weather. Could be worse.
I take it back, it's pissing it down here too now. Thankfully I'm inside.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I went kayaking in late October last year. Now the heating is on and I'm dressing like it's autumn. I try not to leap to apocalyptic conclusions with this sort of thing, but it's hard not to think about catastrophic climate change and that.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Up in Sheffield having a sandwich and beer and stuff. Everything is fun, gardens, cathedral, they've got trams here, lots of trams, it's very cool. Rain or shine who cares.

kittens

Glebe

Yes, wet here in Dublin too. Typical Irish summer.

Dex Sawash

Don Henley lets true feelings about baseball slip out /tag

Danger Man

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 08, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
I'm completely unaffected by weather, I enjoy the sunshine and enjoy windy days and rainy days, thunder. The drab grey overcast England also has its own flavour. I expect nothing and I enjoy the fluctuations. Better than living in Central China with six months of forty degree million percent humidity and a hazy glare, followed by six months of minus ten slush.

You'd love the Middle East. Three days of rain and the rest of the year is hot, very hot and fucking hell.

Buelligan

High twenties here but cool enough to feel all nice and toasty in bed at night.  Sun shining down like a big sun from a sky completely coloured blue and nothing else.  Scent of jasmine and orange blossom through the window at night.  Not too shabby.

alan nagsworth

If your summer is defined by hot weather and sunshine then you are a very sad person indeed. Stay inside and take acid, listen to Amon Düül II, wank yourself senseless and BLAM summer in your mind aahhh don't you see

Buelligan

Quote from: kidney on June 08, 2019, 02:59:33 PM
I've got suns.

They're multiplying.
And I'm losing control.
'Cause the power
You're supplying,
Is electrifying etc.

Coffee friends forever on acid

I bet that house smells very strongly of cinnamon and fake strawberries.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Behold Travolta's silly action man hair. I'm sure his face has gotten bigger as he gets older too. Look at it, it's fucking massive. Fascinating specimen.

gib

Quote from: Danger Man on June 08, 2019, 02:44:02 PM
You'd love the Middle East. Three days of rain and the rest of the year is hot, very hot and fucking hell.

I've never been there but i genuinely do not understand how they grow any food, there doesn't appear to be any soil and there's not enough rain for things like rivers and lakes that they could use to irrigate crops anyway. Yet there's fucking millions of people there. What am i missing?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on June 08, 2019, 11:50:31 AM
Fucking pissing down here. Again.

Rain forecast every single day on BBC Weather.

Is it pissing down where you are?

Is this going to be as bad as 2007?

Canada has had an unusually wet and cold spring - I was joking that it was the Country's way of preparing me for my return to the UK next week - yesterday we had the first HOT day, so I guess I was correct.

Chollis

Let's make the most of it people

Attila

Quote from: bgmnts on June 08, 2019, 11:58:05 AM
I love it.

Ditto -- the bright sunny heatwave last summer was a misery for me. (I get headaches from humidity/high pressure). I've said this before, but I seem to have some sort of reverse SAD -- grey, misty rainy days are A-OK by me.

I *do* like sunny days, but not hot sunny days, if that makes sense.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 08, 2019, 03:17:38 PM
Behold Travolta's silly action man hair. I'm sure his face has gotten bigger as he gets older too. Look at it, it's fucking massive. Fascinating specimen.

I've always thought he looks a bit like a T-Rex.

alan nagsworth

Tbh I'm a big fan of rain myself. It helps the world grow and besides when it rains all day of a weekend I have an excuse for not going outside that's better than "my hangover anxiety is strangling me".

QDRPHNC

Just sitting on the streetcar here, heading downtown. Christ it's hot. Fucking blazing. Sunstroke next, probably.