Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Shit Summer

Started by pigamus, June 08, 2019, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 08, 2019, 04:38:09 PM
Just sitting on the streetcar here, heading downtown. Christ it's hot. Fucking blazing. Sunstroke next, probably.

It was lovely at 4am.

QDRPHNC

You have a stronger constitution than I. Hope your hike was a good one.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 08, 2019, 04:41:30 PM
You have a stronger constitution than I. Hope your hike was a good one.

Yes, saw my first skunks!

Icehaven

Quote from: pigamus on June 08, 2019, 12:10:56 PM
Well if you love September so much why don't you just go and live there

Because then everyone with September birthdays will rapidly age and die including my mum (and I'll also have to fork out for a present every 4 weeks) while the rest of us never get any older. Actually that would be good, and Mum had a good innings so OK.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 08, 2019, 04:42:07 PM
Yes, saw my first skunks!

You're basically turning into wildlife at the moment, aren't you? Eventually other people will be out trying to get pictures of you. Or hunting you for a trophy.

Paul Calf

Ah said "Talk aboot the weather, pet? Wuz can talk aboot 'weather' you're gonna suck us aff tha neet".

Janie Jones

I would like to point out that in less than 2 weeks, the nights start drawing in.

pancreas

Quote from: Janie Jones on June 10, 2019, 01:50:45 PM
I would like to point out that in less than 2 weeks, the nights start drawing in.

Fuck you, cunt.

Buelligan

And not just for that, either.

Endicott

The short summer nights are shite for us amateur astronomers. Not that any of you care of course.

Buelligan

You should move down here, ours are longer, there is far, far, less light pollution and the summers are not shit.

kittens

literally chilled inside reading that. i think you have given me an anxiety attack

Pingers

Quote from: gib on June 08, 2019, 03:29:30 PM
I've never been there but i genuinely do not understand how they grow any food, there doesn't appear to be any soil and there's not enough rain for things like rivers and lakes that they could use to irrigate crops anyway. Yet there's fucking millions of people there. What am i missing?

They have invested to some extent in desalinating greenhouses but I guess they import a chuff load of food.

Glebe

So it's proper summer now, after all the rainstorms.

BlodwynPig

christ, winter has just ended here and I return to Blighty to be met with this.

Reported to Neil.

Attila

Yes!!!! I've already got the countdown going.

Cloud

[Cries in Northern]

Climate change innit.  Milder summers, milder winters, but more of those storms named Jim and Harold and that.

Norton Canes

The most depressing thing is looking at the BBC weather icons for each day of the next fortnight and they're like light grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with two raindrops, dark grey cloud with one raindrop and some sunshine out the side fucking hell get the factor 30 on, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, light grey could with no raindrop (will change to dark grey cloud with one raindrop by the time we get there)

Got me jumper on. Indoors. June.

Norton Canes

Chollis

Well pleased with this rain and chilled temp. Heat is fucking shit.

Uncle TechTip

If we all coordinated, couldn't we just blow this weather away? You'd think these days with Facebook and Twitter it would be easy to mobilise millions of people to blow into the sky.

Norton Canes

Got my jumper on indoors, it's June

Times

I also have my jumper on indoors and for me it is also June. I'm not putting the bloody heating on though.

dr_christian_troy

I got caught in the rain last night and my Vans are fucked up the arse.

Attila

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 11, 2019, 02:55:43 PM
The most depressing lovely thing is looking at the BBC weather icons for each day of the next fortnight and they're like light grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with two raindrops, dark grey cloud with one raindrop and some sunshine out the side fucking hell get the factor 30 on, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, dark grey cloud with one raindrop, light grey could with no raindrop (will change to dark grey cloud with one raindrop by the time we get there)

Got me jumper on. Indoors. June.

Same planet, different worlds, really

This time next week you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Janie Jones

I'm seriously fucked off with this ceaseless fucking rain.

On the plus side, at least there are no flip-flops to be seen (or, worse, heard) and all the shit tattoos and mealy flab normally revealed when Brits get some decent weather are mercifully concealed.

gilbertharding

I'm not usually superstitious, but... that summer when Umbrella by Rihanna was out (2008): rain.
The summer when they implemented a nationwide hosepipe ban in April (2012): rain. The summer when I bought a convertible car (2016): rain.

I heard a song on the radio the other day by Kieth Urban, called Drop Top - but I've checked and it came out last year.

Buelligan

Quote from: Janie Jones on June 13, 2019, 11:14:26 AM
I'm seriously fucked off with this ceaseless fucking rain.

On the plus side, at least there are no flip-flops to be seen (or, worse, heard) and all the shit tattoos and mealy flab normally revealed when Brits get some decent weather are mercifully concealed.

Heheh.  Just treated myself to a new pair (1.45€ local supermarket).  Very restrained smart black. 

I live in them in the summer.  Usually end up with a flip-flops foot-tan.  My last pair, lovely green ones, oh I loved them, actually wore away so I ended up just having the toe bits, hence the insane extravagance.

Gerald Fjord

flip flops are great. "it's summertime baby", a message spirited up through your legs, from the earth itself - a little wink, little tickle "hey bud, it's summertime baby. don't worry about it, NICE LEGS!".