Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Shit Summer

Started by pigamus, June 08, 2019, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

We're pissing about in the early forties here.  Nearly died of heat exhaustion walking to work this morning (despite wearing a hat and flip flops), I'm not even lying.  Boss decided it might be better to drive me home and fetch me again tonight for the evening shift, so I think I came out the winner but looks like the planet lost again.

Gulftastic

I've just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain. It was pretty much early to mid 30s the whole time, except for Friday when we left. In Gerona, where we flew back from, it was 44 degrees. I've never felt anything like it. It was the sort of heat that felt like it should make a sound. Horrible. I was quite glad to get away.

Buelligan

Yep.  In the Gard, even the vines are burning from the heat apparently.

This is not normal.

I have to walk to work again shortly.  Toying with asking someone to help me.  I find that difficult.

BlodwynPig

My tip is to wear a hat and flip flops

Buelligan

Heheh.  Done it yesterday, as you know.  Jesus christ, I'm not joking when I say I felt like I was about to go into some sort of conniption, just kept channeling Rabbit-proof Fence and thinking about getting to the next tree.

BlodwynPig

I remeber Aqaba a few years ago. 48 with 100% humidity. Never thought i'd see that sort of weather in Teeside

alan nagsworth

You've got my sympathies, Buelly. I can barely handle it above 30, which it was here yesterday. Spent the whole day sat in the shade in the park/my back garden. Drank six or seven beers and was extremely glad I hadn't ventured out into the light as I would be completely fucked today if I had.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I have to go to Barcelona in a week, because I stupidly decided it might be a fun idea. Big mistake unless I suddenly become a fan of evaporating and sizzling my entire body mass up into the clouds. Reckon I can probably still have fun by spending the entire time in my hotel room covered in a gigantic pile of ice.

imitationleather

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on June 30, 2019, 12:05:04 PM
I have to go to Barcelona in a week, because I stupidly decided it might be a fun idea. Big mistake unless I suddenly become a fan of evaporating and sizzling my entire body mass up into the clouds. Reckon I can probably still have fun by spending the entire time in my hotel room covered in a gigantic pile of ice.

They have Babestation-type channels that are a lot more explicit so you'll be golden.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Buelligan on June 30, 2019, 09:21:37 AM
Yep.  In the Gard, even the vines are burning from the heat apparently.

This is not normal.

I have to walk to work again shortly.  Toying with asking someone to help me.  I find that difficult.

Is that where you live then? Looks shit. Where do you even buy chips from in that wilderness?

bgmnts

Nowhere near as shit as Marrakesh on a particularly spiteful day. Small mercies.

Buelligan

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 30, 2019, 02:43:24 PM
Is that where you live then? Looks shit. Where do you even buy chips from in that wilderness?

I live somewhere not unlike that but wilder, with smaller vinyards and bigger mountains.  I really don't think it's shit but there are no chips.

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on June 30, 2019, 12:05:04 PM

Take plenty of changes of thin loose natural fibre clothes and sandals and a thin light largish hat.  Sip loads of water throughout the day, avoid alcohol like the fucking plague (these muslims know a thing or two).  Also, life in Barcelona is night time, you'll be right.  You'll have a brilliant time, you lucky fuck.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

They call them frites over there Buellz. Try asking for them next time you're in the boulangerie. Glad to hear you're not dead from heat exhaustion though. Keep up the good work.

Buelligan

Ta.  I hate frites, they're shite.