Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Einsturzende Neubauten

Started by best batch yet, February 24, 2004, 04:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best batch yet

Has anyone heard their new album - 'Perpetuum Mobile'? (or even heard of them?)

It's fairly disappointing, but still great compared to most music thats being released at the moment. They've definatley mellowed quite a bit from thier 'godfather of industrial' days and some of this album starts to sound a bit samey but they still remain inventive with their use of intruments - polystyrene flakes, air cake 'turntable powered wind instrument' (on the cover). :)

I wanted to see them play in London soon, but its the same night as the Mountain Goats in Manchester, which is ridiculous seeing as I only see 2 or 3 bands a year.

didgeripoo

I have Malediction, which is great, but never really got round to getting into these chaps properly.

Does anyone remember Alternative Nation on MTV Europe in the mid 90s? That's where I first heard of Einsturzende Neubauten - they played the video for 'Blume', a song I still love to pieces. I kept meaning to pick up Silence is Sexy cos I heard 'Total Eclipse of the Sun' and liked it, but never did. Chuh.

I'll give this one a miss probably - it hasn't had marvellous reviews. Good old insane Blixa Bargeld...

Hart'sRules

"Thistles in the Soul" in Nick Cave's  sribbles...I love Neubauten... Tabula Rasa works if you're not so shure. but Strategies against Architecture is wondersounds.

splattermac

I always liked the Ian Dury like song Sabrina with the strange Taurian thing in it

video here