Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Started by madhair60, June 08, 2019, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Thursday

Can't keep track of which one this is. Is this the one from the Titanfall/Apex Legends people? It'll get cancelled anyway.

Thursday

Okay, I've watched 5 minutes of the trailer, and it's a 6-7/10 action game that'll get 9's and 10's from adult children.

What a surprise, another shit computer game. Africa could all have Lambos if we stopped making this fucking crap and sent them a few quid. Frickin joke.

Kelvin

Someone said it looks like Lego Star Wars but with worse graphics. Frankly, though, the worst thing about it is that it's Star Wars. I'm just sick of seeing Storm Troopers, Tie Fighters, droids and light sabers now. I actually hate seeing them at this point. You can't have nostalgia for things you've seen every week for the last 20 years.

Thursday

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 08, 2019, 06:07:07 PM
Game over Greggy?

Game over GRAVE

GRAVE over Gregory

Because, I'm going to beat him to death with his own GRAVE

VelourSpirit

Felt like I'd seen that gameplay video already. Really dull.
I hate that shit where you go over like a balance beam and the game just sort of magnetizes you to it. I liked it when I could just run over it like I'd run anywhere else and if I fall off it's my fault. All these fluid impressive animations just take control away from the player.

Ham Bap

Looks like a solid 6/10 game that I'll never play.
I sorta hope it doesn't get good reviews cos I'll get weak near Christmas, buy it, play it for 20 minutes then never play it again. That's what usually happens with these types of games.

biggytitbo

Just seen the gameplay trailer thing now because I ain't watching Greggy or EAIDS and it seems quite decent. Basically every other game ever made: The Game but with great music and sounds.

biggytitbo

It's Uncharted/Tomb Raider in the Star Wars world, so should be good.

I played the new Tomb Raider game recently and its enjoyable in gameplay terms, but everything else about it is turd, Lara is turned into an arsehole and the story is nonsense. Rise of the Tomb Raider though, remains a stellar game, and my favourite of the new ones, so I hope this can at least match that.

I mean the blueprint is right there, Uncharted 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider, make a Star Wars game like that and it's a sure fire winner.

Kelvin

I like Greg Miller, but I do think his personna is much more grating and hollow when playing up to a big crowd than when enthusing about a topic to a smaller, dedicated audience. I also find him a very nauseating presence when interacting with games developers. 

St_Eddie

Huh?  What's that?

Oh, right.

Yeah, whatever.

Fuck you, Disney.  Yadda yadda yadda.

Next.

magval

Anyone played this? I only found out it existed today. Loved God of War 3, same director.

madhair60

Yeah I ordered it because it ended up looking really good

not got it yet though

Now memory of this thread or any posts I have made in Italy but I did laugh at Game Over GRAVE.

madhair60

This is really good and satisfying

magval

madhair60

Massive rip-off of Dark Souls/Sekiro except without stamina, in that you can roll about like a properly mental bast. Deflect/parry is very satisfying, locations are all huge and Metroidy (including the Metroid Prime 3D map), just generally feels nice and "gamey" in a way a lot of AAA games don't bother.

Opening is visually impressive but very Uncharted hands-off so get through that and it will pick up nicely. I do like this. Further impressions as I make progress.

madhair60

Mobius

Is this like open worldy with sidequests and NPCs to talk to? Sort of can't tell if it's an RPG or not.

Timothy

Quote from: Mobius on November 20, 2019, 08:59:31 PM
Is this like open worldy with sidequests and NPCs to talk to? Sort of can't tell if it's an RPG or not.

Its not an RPG. There are no real sidequests. Mainly a lot of exploration.

Its a Dark Souls Metroid Sekiro Tomb Raider Uncharted (it has stamina sort of) combo in Star Wars world and its absolutely amazing.

madhair60

Seriously good shit, far more than I expected. Fantastic sense of discovery and the levels fit together brilliantly. It's damn satisfying reflecting blaster shots too.

Kryton

Can you chop up some cunts with your light saber?

There is absolutely no way this can be good

madhair60

it is mate it is good though swear down

Timothy

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 21, 2019, 01:48:14 PM
There is absolutely no way this can be good

I think you are gonna like it. It's Star Wars's answer to Sekiro.
It's a really good game.