Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Started by madhair60, June 08, 2019, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

is this who i would be playing as

really

Chollis

madhair60

yeah who gives a fuck, like you're really bothered, bet you'd rather it was Dizzy the Egg or something. actually that would be great I'm fully on board with this Dizzy the Egg thing. bye.

Barry Admin

No multiplayer, I see. Definitely have to wait for this to go on sale. Do you have to have watched the new films, or is the story all self-contained?

Probably better if you've not seen the films in a way because this is set in the interim and therefore the plot is removed of some tension if you know what actually happens afterwards. I'm intrigued by it but definitely one for the sales.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I got this for Christmas. The story is indeed a bit guff, given the conclusion is a foregone one.

Happily, it's pretty good gameplay wise. By gum it's surprisingly difficult though. Even by the end of the game I was still getting clobbered by the low level grunts. I'd heard it was Dark Soulsy, but I expected them to make it easier for the more mainstream audience. I started out on the hardest difficulty and kept switching it down at regular intervals, until I had to turn it to easy for the final boss. The main problem was that I never really got a handle on parrying, but it was fun mucking about with the force powers.

JohnnyCouncil

Thanks for this advice (switching down the difficulty level, and back up). It's not cheating, despite what my wife said.

Glebe

Quote from: Chollis on November 21, 2019, 02:21:54 PMis this who i would be playing as

really

Will Poulter has let himself go.

kalowski

kalowski

£35 on PS4 store so I might go for this...

magval

kalowski

Quote from: magval on April 12, 2020, 05:28:42 PM
Do it, it's class.
Have done. My son's playing it now so I'm just watching. Looks like my kind of game.

kalowski

No save slots other than last save is a pain. So I got to the temple in Zeffo but hadn't picked up "Force Push" and now can't do anything. Looks like I'll have to start again.

Timothy

Can't you just travel back in the spaceship? You should be able to visit past locations.

kalowski

Quote from: Timothy on April 16, 2020, 07:38:30 AM
Can't you just travel back in the spaceship? You should be able to visit past locations.
No, I'm still on Zeffo in the temple. You clearly need to push the ball to get out and I don't think there's any other way. No fast travel is there?

Timothy

Is there no way to walk back to the objective? The objective should have lead you straight to the to place where you learn Push. That's near that elevator isn't it?

Timothy

From what I remember you learn Force Push in the temple in Zeffo. It's near or in the tomb of Eilram.

kalowski

Quote from: Timothy on April 16, 2020, 07:59:29 AM
From what I remember you learn Force Push in the temple in Zeffo. It's near or in the tomb of Eilram.
Ah, OK, I'll have another go tonight

kalowski

Quote from: kalowski on April 16, 2020, 08:04:30 AM
Ah, OK, I'll have another go tonight
Yes, got it. Now I've got to get to Kashyyk. Bloody great fun this.

bgmnts

Necropost but actually enjoying this so far. Feels like an unashamedly Star Wars-y adventure, as it should be; bypassing the cynical centre of your brain and making you feel like a kid enjoying exciting Star Wars shit. Oh, those heady days.

magval

It was class. I really enjoyed it. First game I got a platinum trophy for in years and years because it was just so much fun cutting about the place.

Lead character looks like a weirdo, but.

Neomod

Just started this as it's another EA Play freebie on Game Pass and was impressed with the opening chapter. Not really game play wise yet but visually it was stunning.

bgmnts

Brilliant game. Can't believe there exists a modern AAA game that is just fun, engaging and had no loot boxes, walled off content in the guise of season passes or day one DLC.

And EA published this? What the actual fuck?

Inspector Norse

Also got this off Game Pass and it's fun though the combat is weird as your man keeps turning his back on enemies.
Quite refreshing though that instead of a bland hunky hero you have to play as a whiny teen who's just had his teeth capped.

magval

Quote from: bgmnts on November 24, 2020, 04:34:12 PM
Brilliant game. Can't believe there exists a modern AAA game that is just fun, engaging and had no loot boxes, walled off content in the guise of season passes or day one DLC.

And EA published this? What the actual fuck?

I always thought loot boxes were those real-life subscriptions where you're sent a t shirt and a mug or something every month for 20 quid, but I was playing Guacamelee 2 the other day and it had a level and an associated trophy which 'satirized' loot boxes, but I didn't understand it when I was playing it. I just knew it was making fun of something.

What IS it making fun of? What is it you're glad this game doesn't have, and what the fuck are those 'beanie hat and a pin badge' subscriptions called if they're not loot boxes.

Existential crisis dudes.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: magval on November 24, 2020, 06:06:41 PM
I always thought loot boxes were those real-life subscriptions where you're sent a t shirt and a mug or something every month for 20 quid, but I was playing Guacamelee 2 the other day and it had a level and an associated trophy which 'satirized' loot boxes, but I didn't understand it when I was playing it. I just knew it was making fun of something.

What IS it making fun of? What is it you're glad this game doesn't have, and what the fuck are those 'beanie hat and a pin badge' subscriptions called if they're not loot boxes.

Existential crisis dudes.
Quote from: Wikipedia
"Loot crate" redirects here. For the subscription box company, see Loot Crate.

In video games, a loot box (also called a loot/prize crate) is a consumable virtual item which can be redeemed to receive a randomised selection of further virtual items, or , ranging from simple customization options for a player's  or character, to game-changing equipment such as weapons and armor. A loot box is typically a form of monetisation, with players either buying the boxes directly or receiving the boxes during play and later buying "keys" with which to redeem them.

Loot boxes were popularised through their inclusion in several games throughout the mid-2010s. By the later half of the decade, some games, particularly , expanded approaches to the concept that caused them to become highly criticised. Such criticism included "pay to win" gameplay systems that favor those that spend real money on loot boxes and negative effects on gameplay systems to accommodate them, as well as them being anti-consumer when implemented in full-priced games.
Shit for cunts, basically.

Bazooka

Just want a Wonga loan to buy some skinz.

Beagle 2

Yeah I've been playing this all week and it's the most fun I've had with a game for years. As somebody with no sense of direction I've been left scratching my head a few times but it's just really enjoyable and minimal bullshit.