Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Started by madhair60, June 08, 2019, 06:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

The maps are quite big but also quite linear and I found myself getting lost as well.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: magval on November 24, 2020, 06:06:41 PM
I always thought loot boxes were those real-life subscriptions where you're sent a t shirt and a mug or something every month for 20 quid, but I was playing Guacamelee 2 the other day and it had a level and an associated trophy which 'satirized' loot boxes, but I didn't understand it when I was playing it. I just knew it was making fun of something.

What IS it making fun of? What is it you're glad this game doesn't have, and what the fuck are those 'beanie hat and a pin badge' subscriptions called if they're not loot boxes.

Existential crisis dudes.

Some games, mainly online ones, give loot boxes for achieving goals which contain useful or desirable in-game upgrades like new weapons, skins for your character or weapon etc. The contents are randomised like a slot machine with really opaque mechanics. These can also be bought with real money, or money may be required to open ones given in-game. A trading economy also exists in some games for these virtual "objects". Welcome to the future.

Edit sorry already answered

brat-sampson

Playing finally now that EA have got their Windows shit together and us PC Game Passers can 'ave a go. Tight level design, Souls-esque but less punishing enemies/combat, satisfying exploration and puzzles, though tbf unless you get some kind of fast travel, there are some spots I'm not sure I can be fucked to trek back to just to use a new power to get one remaining chest so I can have my droid be a different shade of green...

But yeah, I keep wanting to explore, taking on the occasional enemy or boss that 'feels' like it should be done later but certainly *can* be done now so I wanna bloody do it. Definitely a game that I can easily end up playing for 2-3 hours every time I turn it on, which is really really nice.

Unchark Soulstroid Wars. That's what they should have called it.

Glebe

I have this with my Xbox One S and I've still not downloaded it. Ordered a fast ethernet cable from PC World so I'll download it properly soon!

Glebe

So I got me ethernet cable (nice short 2m cat 6 one)... I thought it'd be a little bit faster, but by George, download went from estimated time of two hours to downloadinh gigachucks in no time! Whole game w/bonus stuff downloaded in about ten minutes!

Anyway, enjoying it. Playing on easy story mode, proud of myself for figuring out a couple of tricky bits and that though. On Bogano at the mo.

St_Eddie

Glebe

Something I could have posted here, got stuck at a frustrating training bit but managed to get through it... now I'm going mental at a bit where you have to swing and wall run and do Jedi flip jumps, it's to get one of those 'Sense Echo' things so not essential to win the game but, y'know, gotta do it. Otherwise I've really been enjoying this and have got pretty far and got a decent amount of achievements.

brat-sampson

I don't think I got all the echoes (as far as I recall there's no way to count them), but I got all the Secrets. Couldn't be bothered with all the chests as some would've required a whole ton of back-tracking and I knew it wasn't worth it for some cosmetic. Game was really really good. Solid pacing, fun souls-lite combat, surprisingly good story and writing, and some excellent set-pieces. Just a really fun romp through a Star Wars, with a satisfyingly tough final boss.

Notes: I would really have appreciated some way to mark chests on the map, especially ones that are locked at first so you have to go back for. Also some kind of fast-travel would really have helped motivate me to snag the ones I was missing without having to trek half-way across Zeffo *again*. Plus maybe some signs on the map as to how things connect/one-way systems etc. Also, please don't put enemy spawns *at* meditation locations. It's just a pain.

madhair60

Went back to this on PC eventually and enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely has its flaws but I found it a very satisfying lite take on the "Souls" formula. I felt like it captured the intensity of that series well and mixed in the Uncharted stuff in a way that genuinely worked and didn't just feel like needless cruft. A sequel has the potential to be truly excellent.

Wonderful Butternut

Another person replaying the game at the moment. Forgot how much I like the story. And the fact that you spend the game reconnecting with the Force, getting more and more powerful, ultimately ending up with a double bladed lightsaber that can also split into two lightsabers and tossing imperial troops around like ragdolls, and then at the end
Spoiler alert
Darth Vader ruins your shit and your power is so irrelevant towards his that he doesn't even have a health bar and you cannot damage him.
[close]

Yeah, I know I probably don't need to spoiler that at this stage, but the ending is so awesome, just in case I'd ruin it for someone who's simultaneously interested in the game but hasn't even Googled it.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I'm at Dathomir and am thus past the halfway point. Guess I'll go collecting when I'm done this time.

Glebe

I thought it would be much more of a combat than action game (I got it bundled with my Xbox One S, in case you're wondering "why did you buy it if you didn't want something that didn't particularly interest you?") and was pleasantly surprized when I found it to be an extremely playable adventure platformery thing... reminds me of the Soul Reaver games in places, and obviously Tomb Raider and that, others have mentioned Uncharted, not played that myself.

Glebe

Completed this last night (on easy 'Story Mode', but still, it's challenging enough, in my opinion!), fully explored with all chests and secrets and sense echoes and scans and that (at least everything you can collect on the first go-round). Got a few other achievements too!