Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Salted caramel, pulled pork, sourdough,

Started by touchingcloth, June 08, 2019, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on June 08, 2019, 11:59:29 PM
Pulled pork is some meat.

Burger is some meat.

Why trust one some meat over another? That's politics, man.

As to the sourdough: that's just well-made bread. Thirdly, I don't know of any dessert which doesn't require at least a pinch of salt. Look at Thai desserts. Salty as fuck. No-one's telling them they're all beardy and shit, are they?

"Thai desserts" aren't on every menu. You can't buy a Cadbury's Dairy Milk with chunks of Thai dessert.

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 08, 2019, 11:58:44 PM
Is it, though?

Yep it is. That damp lumpen shite that has passed for bread for the last 40 years isn't even worth killing ducks with.

pancreas

Listen to this man. He understands how to relax over a poo, and what bread should taste like. They don't grow on trees, these people.

chveik

they're all salted caramel, pulled pork, sourdough by the time I've finished with them

ProvanFan

Mango? Fuck off mate, you've made that up

ProvanFan

Glebe

mothman

I pull my own pork... that is, I make my own pulled pork. It's far superior to anything you'll buy anywhere (though there was this one barbecue van on an air base in Florida...).

Camp Tramp

I'm getting really pissed off by ice cream.

I just want chocoalte. Don't give me combo's, just give me chocolate.

Beef burnt ends was a bit of a thing for a while, too. Nicer than pulled pork.

Sherringford Hovis

"Street food" - poor value overseasoned hygienically questionable swill sold out the back of a van by some blue-armed beard-oil manbun.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on June 08, 2019, 11:56:24 PM
I make sourdough bread every week for personal consumption, it's about 100 times better than commercial bread which is made using the Chorleywood bread process.

I read that as the Chernobylwood process, and thought that explained a lot.

OP is wrong of course, they are all just perfectly normal decent foodstuffs that may or may not have been claimed and abused by bearded cunts but that in no way changes their fundamental qualities.

Clownbaby

I have never ever enjoyed any pulled pork I've had. I don't know why it's just a load of pork, I don't really understand why I never enjoy it

They do a salted caramel mousse at Aldi which is shite. It's not sweet or salty enough so it just tastes like a strange synthetic caramel vapour with no satisfying qualities whatsoever

mothman

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on June 09, 2019, 09:33:29 AM
Beef burnt ends was a bit of a thing for a while, too. Nicer than pulled pork.

Actually, yes. I'd not had Subway for a long time, but found myself in a scenario where it was the only available option, so I had this as they were going it at the time. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

pancreas

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 09, 2019, 10:04:33 AM
I read that as the Chernobylwood process, and thought that explained a lot.

OP is wrong of course, they are all just perfectly normal decent foodstuffs that may or may not have been claimed and abused by bearded cunts but that in no way changes their fundamental qualities.

^ Do you hear that, OP? You are wrong. Now, let that be the end of it, please.

Chollis

Could I please nominate Brioche (burger) buns for the grave too

pancreas

Quote from: Chollis on June 09, 2019, 01:05:35 PM
Could I please nominate Brioche (burger) buns for the grave too

No you may not. Those are a wholly positive innovation.

We all agree that we can Grave Anchovies though.

Clownbaby

the

Quote from: Chollis on June 09, 2019, 01:05:35 PMCould I please nominate Brioche (burger) buns for the grave too

Yes. "What would a burger be good in, a nice soft white bap, or a dry bun with varnish on it?" Barry Homeowner bread.

It's becoming clear that these oversubscribed trends are being targetted at what marketing wankers call 'the pancreas demographic'. Yup yup yup yuh.

Poobum

Brioche bun, chipolata, blue cheese, and so you really hate me sriracha sauce, fancy hotdog. You heard of sriracha sauce? I have, I do food. I bet you don't even like beetroot and chocolate cake, pffft.

the

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on June 09, 2019, 01:34:34 PMpopular thing is bad

New thing is best despite decades/centuries-long establishment of previous way of doing it

pancreas

Quote from: the on June 09, 2019, 01:29:54 PM
Yes. "What would a burger be good in, a nice soft white bap, or a dry bun with varnish on it?" Barry Homeowner bread.

It's becoming clear that these oversubscribed trends are being targetted at what marketing wankers call 'the pancreas demographic'. Yup yup yup yuh.

I know you're probably trying to troll me, but just in case you actually think these demented thoughts, I feel it necessary to do my bit to steer you towards a truer path.

As long as it is reasonably fresh, brioche is the opposite of dry, because it's full of fucking butter. Since there is no piece of food unimproved by butter, it is doubly superior to a 'white bap'. The only people who prefer white bread are racists.

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: the on June 09, 2019, 01:37:03 PM
New thing is best despite decades/centuries-long establishment of previous way of doing it

must have missed anyone, anywhere implying that. i apologise for my ignorance

Urinal Cake

I miss the food is fuel thing society had for a while. One of the decent contributions the English/sports people had on the world.

the

Quote from: pancreas on June 09, 2019, 01:38:02 PMsuperior

Do you ever have days where the words 'I'm really passionate about food' and 'the secret is good quality ingredients' fall out your mouth so many times that your house explodes just for something to do?

Shit Good Nose

All three of these things are fine, it's just cunts who've made them ubiquitous and the food equivalent of an iPhone.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: the on June 09, 2019, 01:29:54 PM

I was in the pub a while back and the burger special was a burger in a hot cross bun. dirty bastards.