Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obscure People That You Fancy.

Started by Camp Tramp, June 09, 2019, 01:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: non capisco on June 09, 2019, 10:27:01 PM
The woman on stage right from 1981 'Do The Hucklebuck' one hit wonders Coast To Coast, offsetting the lead singer's 'reanimated corpse of a young Swiss Toni' stage presence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzA7i_9VVw&frags=pl%2Cwn

That lead singer will be an early entry in the inevitable 'Obscure People That Fucking Annoy You' thread.

non capisco

He fascinates me. He looks like a three way cross between Swiss Toni's corpse, Jack Nance in 'Eraserhead' and Arnold Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire. And that isn't even the bloke who's singing on the record. I'm dying for Chart Music to cover this fucker.

the

Honestly thought that was Thom Yorke

buzby

Quote from: non capisco on June 09, 2019, 10:27:01 PM
The shorter one of the two backing singers from 1982 'Heartache Avenue' one hit wonders The Maisonettes, offsetting the lead singer's 'sleazy debt collector' stage presence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obK_LRuo7VA
From the old TOTP thread...
Quote from: buzby on January 14, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
I love Heartache Avenue - it's got that sixties throwback thing Mari Wilson was also doing, but it's not as kitschy as her stuff was. On the subject of the backing singers (who were actually models hired for promo appearances who couldn't sing) I actually remember seeing this episode when it was originally broadcast as I had a massive crush on the shorter one.
(her name is Denise Ward, btw.)

Quote from: non capisco on June 09, 2019, 10:41:58 PM
He fascinates me. He looks like a three way cross between Swiss Toni's corpse, Jack Nance in 'Eraserhead' and Arnold Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire. And that isn't even the bloke who's singing on the record. I'm dying for Chart Music to cover this fucker.
He went on to become an actor, and while he was studying at drama school he shared a flat with Neil Morrisey and was responsible for introducing him to Martin Clunes. He died in October 2015.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11940832/Alex-Giannini-actor-obituary.html

With you on the lovely Ms. Ladly too. A talented artist and designer as well.

Gulftastic

Cockney Vic, who was one of the crew during the Johnny Vaughan years on The Big Breakfast. Special mention for when she dressed in tennis gear for the 'court with your pants down' segment.

Twed

I fancy Sturdy Girl. Can't remember what she looks like but the name is very appealing.

Mr Banlon

Woman in the light yellow dress in the Kinky Afro video : https://youtu.be/O8maBsuhHr4?t=9

Jockice

Quote from: the on June 09, 2019, 11:21:57 PM
Honestly thought that was Thom Yorke

A guffaw out loud one there. Thanks The.

Zero Gravitas

The red headed one from Alisha's Attic.

paruses

Quote from: buttgammon on June 09, 2019, 10:11:50 PM
Behnaz Akhgar. If she's not obscure enough for you, then a woman who was on an Irish Aldi advert in about 2015 (the one in the black dress).

Me too and I didn't even have to watch the clip first - so that makes her up there with the likes of Beyonce, I'd say (can someone adjust this reference for whoever is popular at the moment).

Buelligan

Dex Sawash

Norton Canes

Quote from: willpurry on June 10, 2019, 10:14:11 AM
Bedmaking woman in the first part of this Youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lz9RIfsqmQ&t=25s

Heck, that's a bit racy for Schools and Colleges. You never got that sort of thing on Watch.

I've emailed Leo to see if he remembers.

Jockice

Talking of children's programmes, one of my first threads on here was about your first celebrity crushes. For me this was (and indeed still is) Louise Hall-Taylor from Hickory House when I was about eight But nobody else seems to remember her. Even my contemporaries from the time. Serves her right I suppose for hanging around with a mop, a cushion and that heroin addict from Brookside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu7w0BeZ7IY

Sebastian Cobb

The lady from the 'Britain vs France' Renault adverts.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 10, 2019, 03:33:16 PM

YES! Absolutely. The scrunching of the nose and the biting of the lip. Blimey.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 10, 2019, 03:33:16 PM
She's lovely, I always assumed she's someone famous?

The lady who gets turned into a mannequin inWishmaster. https://youtu.be/vByBjN9-X0k I have a thing for gummy smiles.

pigamus

Clare Brind from The Bill in about 1989.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 10, 2019, 05:29:19 PM
She's lovely, I always assumed she's someone famous.

I think she's (Annelise Hesme) fairly well-known in France. Certainly famous enough to appear on chat shows. Here she is crying at some dogs: https://www.programme-tv.net/videos/autres/annelise-hesme-nina-eclate-en-sanglots-sur-le-plateau-de-vivement-dimanche_216348

Twed

On that note, I wonder how Annalise from Neighbours is doing, in this, the year 2019.

St_Eddie

The woman behind the counter at my local Co-op.

Twed

Honestly, if you're a straight male then it's almost every woman in the summertime. And that's why we're a dangerous bunch who should be controlled.

Gulftastic

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 10, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
The woman behind the counter at my local Co-op.
Oh don't remind me.My Boots pharmacist used to be a gorgeous Spanish woman. She had the cutest nose I've ever seen. Made getting prescription a wee treat instead of a chore.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Twed on June 10, 2019, 06:45:40 PM
I wonder how Annalise from Neighbours
The mid-to-late 90s golden age of Neighbours and Home & Away.

Annalise and her sister.
Lou Carpenter's daughter.
Lucy Robinson.
That brunette Karl Kennedy was knobbing (his younger receptionist, not Susan).
Susan Kennedy.
A blonde teacher who I can't remember the name of.
The lass who went out with that 10watt bulb Lance.
Lance's sister.
The wife of a copper in Home and Away, she had an annoying daughter called Gypsy.
Gypsy.
Marilyn.
Chloe.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 10, 2019, 07:13:56 PM
Oh don't remind me.My Boots pharmacist used to be a gorgeous Spanish woman. She had the cutest nose I've ever seen. Made getting prescription a wee treat instead of a chore.

The Boots in Nottingham used to have THE most beautiful woman working on the make-up counter.
Naturally beautiful too, not a bit of make-up, which made her stand out even more from her 'Ronald McDonald'ed up colleagues.

Such a shame that she sounded like Al Needham when she spoke...

DrGreggles

Quote from: Morrison Lard on June 10, 2019, 07:25:26 PM
The mid-to-late 90s golden age of Neighbours and Home & Away.

Annalise and her sister.
Lou Carpenter's daughter.
Lucy Robinson.
That brunette Karl Kennedy was knobbing (his younger receptionist, not Susan).
Susan Kennedy.
A blonde teacher who I can't remember the name of.
The lass who went out with that 10watt bulb Lance.
Lance's sister.
The wife of a copper in Home and Away, she had an annoying daughter called Gypsy.
Gypsy.
Marilyn.
Chloe.

When was Bronwyn on?

Shit Good Nose

Is Kate Gerbeau (/Sanderson) from Newsround obscure?  Man, I was obsessed with her.  She fucked that Krishnan Guru-Murthy you know.  I think she's been a presenter on armed forces TV or something since then, and heard that she's a bit of a right wing cunt which is why Guru-Murthy sacked her off.  Not sure how true that is.

If she's not obscure enough, then Katherine Rockhill, Mike Oldfield's acoustic pianist on the Tubular Bells 3, Millennium Bell and 35th anniversary tours.  I was coincidentally sat right opposite her on the front row for the TB3 and anniversary shows and she mesmerised me.  Truth be told I bought the TB3 live vid just for her.