Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

software for manipulating 3d elements, exporting videos

Started by PlanktonSideburns, June 09, 2019, 02:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

so i want to do some very basic video work using 3D models, importing them into a project, adding textures, and exporting video of said 3D models with camera moments. don't need to do any character animation or anything like that, - just importing 3D models, and automating camera movment around them

Ive been hacking my way along with DazStudio, - which seems to be all good and dandy for importing 3D objects, - but im struggling with the camera automation - it seems to be a bit of a ballache, and not set up for it;

whenever i seem to try and plot a course of a camera between two points, it seems to go FUCKING MENTAL inbetween the two keyframes, - looping around and going batshit.

now, - ive got no actual education in 3d editing, - just video and audio - so maybe im doing it wrong?

OR - is there a far better software i should be using for doing this sort of thing, more geared to setting lights/cameras and making video works of 3D stuff (DazStudio seems to be more for exporting still images as far as i can tell)

anyone with any experience of any better software for making 3d video work?

or am i just shit at automating cameras and need to do more research?

PlanktonSideburns

for context, and to show you how incompotent i am, trying to get a camera to do this pretty basic manouver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGO8KyJ0Mps

i had about 2 hours of this sort of bullshit happening instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0WUGGCyRGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drURNgWcT74

i basically just want to get a camera to go from point a to point be without it being an absolute div about it, any advice would be appreciated

the

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but have you tried putting more keyframes in along the way? I'm not sure if you're giving the programme enough information about the path, orientation and velocity you want the camera to adopt throughout the overall manoeuvre.

PlanktonSideburns

Ah thats a good shout - i think i have been just setting one point, moving the camera to the final location, setting the next point - i suppose its not like 2D elements, where theres only those 2 axes going on, its a bit more complicated. will give that a go and see how it goes tonight

it would be good to not change from daz3D, it has all my other basic reqirments down nice

Captain Z

I don't really use it and I have no real passion to spend the time learning it, but I believe 'Blender' might be good for this? It's free, open source and has a very active community for tutorials, add ons,  etc.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Does DazStudio let you attach the camera to another object*? That seems like the simplest way of going about it if you just want the camera to circle/spiral around the building.

*also, does it make you take the Doorstep Challenge?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 09, 2019, 04:46:54 PM
Does DazStudio let you attach the camera to another object*? That seems like the simplest way of going about it if you just want the camera to circle/spiral around the building.

*also, does it make you take the Doorstep Challenge?

ah, i guess that would make more sense - as making an object move smoothly whilst looking at something is quite easy i think! good shout, will give that a go

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 09, 2019, 04:22:47 PM
Sounds like a complete waste of time.

life isnt always about shmups you know. though super aleste is a real big part of my life now, so thanks on that

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Captain Z on June 09, 2019, 04:22:59 PM
I don't really use it and I have no real passion to spend the time learning it, but I believe 'Blender' might be good for this? It's free, open source and has a very active community for tutorials, add ons,  etc.

Yea I suspect blender is probably the step up I'll have to take next, always been intimidated by it tho

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 09, 2019, 05:18:50 PM
ah, i guess that would make more sense - as making an object move smoothly whilst looking at something is quite easy i think!
This seems to cover what you're after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvC6RqsTubs

PlanktonSideburns

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 09, 2019, 02:23:37 PM
so i want to do some very basic video work using 3D models...

I bet you do, you dirty bolex.