Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NBA

Started by hummingofevil, June 11, 2019, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I know it's a bit late but any of you guys like the hoops? I've zero understanding of the game in general but really like it and have been watching the playoffs. Also find it funny how Kawai sounds just like the Japanese word for cute. Ka WAII. Let's watch. Better than RAW anyway.

In my opinion the most exciting sport in the world. Though I've been watching for years and I still don't fully understand the foul rules.

BlodwynPig

About to watch the historic moment in 1 hour!

Although Durant is back I hear so I expect it to be 3-2 after tonight

hummingofevil

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 11, 2019, 12:53:36 AM
About to watch the historic moment in 1 hour!

Although Durant is back I hear so I expect it to be 3-2 after tonight

You on Toronto as honourary Canadian or you supporting some other random country for a laugh?

Edit: oh fuck it's not on till 2.00am. I'm tired. Just spend a fiver to watch. :)

hummingofevil

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on June 11, 2019, 12:51:18 AM
In my opinion the most exciting sport in the world. Though I've been watching for years and I still don't fully understand the foul rules.

I used to have some old VHS of dunks. Shawn (?) Kemp etc. Loved it. But then I happened on watching that Raptors game (vs 76s?) a few weeks back where they won in in decider 3-3 in last second with that Teen Wolf 2 pointer that bouncer around the rim. I jumped around my kitchen in pure joy at the awesomeness of it all. Was a truely great sporting moment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 12:57:48 AM
You on Toronto as honourary Canadian or you supporting some other random country for a laugh?

Edit: oh fuck it's not on till 2.00am. I'm tired. Just spend a fiver to watch. :)

The latter. The Blue jays are a joke, so its good to get behind a Toronto team that is successful (not that I normally glory hunt). Wasn't a basketball fan previously but when you are over here, you kind of pick up the raison d'être for the different sports. (FerrisWheelBueller is a good person to have around in this context).

hummingofevil

Yeah. I remember being in NY around 2000 and realising that baseball was a sport to watch in bars. Didn't really matter who. Just if you in a proper bar with a TV watch baseball and pick a team. Had similar experience in Vegas at NYE with the Bowl season. Just sit and watch the multiple screens showing College football. Pick a team, grab a beer and enjoy. When the replay finished at 2.00am grab another beer and watch it all again. Amazing times. I love US sports culture.

peanutbutter

Remember the short one on Space Jam? What height was he? 5'10?

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 11, 2019, 01:15:49 AM

Muggsy Bogues, a quite incredible 5'3"

imitationleather

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 11, 2019, 01:15:49 AM

I've never seen Space Jam. The closest thing to it I've watched is England v Iceland at Euro 2016.

hummingofevil

Spud Webb. What a guy. VHS legend.

Edit: here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1YRJvFvlgg

hummingofevil

And of course this call back by Nate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_F0zS-e20

Love that shit.

QDRPHNC

Toronto is going to be a madhouse tonight.

hummingofevil

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 11, 2019, 01:43:28 AM
Toronto is going to be a madhouse tonight.

You stateside or staying up late?

Dex Sawash

Love hoops but prefer the "college" game

hummingofevil

Here we go...enjoy guys (and gals?)

Carly Rae... Neil Young... Kevin Owens....

hummingofevil

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 11, 2019, 01:55:34 AM
Love hoops but prefer the "college" game

I think UK based sports fans struggle with college games. The NCAA website is pretty good but I don't even know where to start with non pro leagues stuff. I love NFL and get the annual game pass through website which is awesome (you can literally watch every game) but no idea where to start with college stuff....

BlodwynPig

anyone got a stream? reddit has crashed

QDRPHNC

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 01:45:47 AM
You stateside or staying up late?

I'm in Toronto. Not watching it right now, I'll be able to chart the progress of the game from the noise of the five bars within earshot.

QDRPHNC

hummingofevil

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 11, 2019, 02:13:24 AM
I'm in Toronto. Not watching it right now, I'll be able to chart the progress of the game from the noise of the five bars within earshot.

I lived in Manchester in 1999. I should have headed to Albert Sq for the fun but instead I revising for some shite 2nd year exam but had to satisfy myself on being on the Eid run that was coopted by the Asain Man U fans ragging past in their Beemers.  I regret every minute. Get yourself out there. Seriously. Once in a life time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 11, 2019, 02:15:59 AM
This is working for me.

Got one, thanks

Don't think I've seen Toronto ahead since they went 12 up in game 3. When I turn off they normally come back

QDRPHNC

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 11, 2019, 02:19:01 AM
I lived in Manchester in 1999. I should have headed to Albert Sq for the fun but instead I revising for some shite 2nd year exam but had to satisfy myself on being on the Eid run that was coopted by the Asain Man U fans ragging past in their Beemers.  I regret every minute. Get yourself out there. Seriously. Once in a life time.

Very true. I'll leave it to half time and see if anywhere has standing room nearby.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 11, 2019, 02:20:07 AM
Got one, thanks

Don't think I've seen Toronto ahead since they went 12 up in game 3. When I turn off they normally come back

Hard to tell what effect Kevin Durant being back is going to have them. Warriors in the lead right now, but it's slim.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Jurassic Park, Illinois. Madness. Too many adverts.

QDRPHNC

This is too fucking tense and it's only the first quarter.

Obviously I want the Raptors to win, but it'll be extra lovely if they do it with Durant playing, shut down that "Yeah but Durant is injured so..." shit from the Warriors fans.

BlodwynPig

Don't like the silence when the opposition score - I never know if the basket is legitimate

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 11, 2019, 02:24:29 AM
This is too fucking tense and it's only the first quarter.

Obviously I want the Raptors to win, but it'll be extra lovely if they do it with Durant playing, shut down that "Yeah but Durant is injured so..." shit from the Warriors fans.

Leonard is immense.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 11, 2019, 02:28:37 AM
Leonard is immense.

He really is, he just powers through to the basket.